“In the beginning God created the heavens and earth” (Genesis 1:1 NIV). Christianity is one of the largest religions in world. Over 2.2 billion people claim to be of the Christian faith (Johnson, 2016). Christianity is based on God and his creation, his son Jesus who gave his life for the sins of mankind, and through him one can obtain eternal life in the Kingdom of Heaven.
God is the almighty. He is the creator of all creation. For Christians, God is the ultimate reality (“Lecture 2,” 2016). This means that God has power over everything, he is the sovereign. Creation took six days and God rested on seventh day. God existed before creation was even made. God created the earth and everything in it. “God created mankind in his image” (Genesis 1:27), so that mankind can watch over and have dominion on earth. When God created man, he created man on the sixth day. God told man to look over the garden and tend to it. Along with giving mankind the power to look over the earth, he gave each and every person some of his attributes. A few attributes that God gave are loving the unloved, be a person of reason, and the ability to do good (“Lecture 2,” 2016). God wants us to be like him and live our lives in his image. This means we love one another, be slow to anger, and think with reason (“Lecture 2,” 2016).
Human nature can be described as “the basic design or the common characteristics present in all humans differentiating them from other organisms in the universe” (Puffer, 2007). One difference between humans and the rest of creation, is the ability for humans to reason. When God created mankind, God did not create any other creation that can think and reason the way humans do. The book of Genesis h...
... middle of paper ...
... if my life I have lived the Christian lifestyle. I feel that as time has passed, I myself have strayed from the pasture. I try to make myself appear Christian like but I know I have areas that I fail in. I look at my parents and want to be like them. I want to live the Christian lifestyle they live.
God is the creator of all things. Once the fall happened he saw the world was an unholy place. All mankind sins and mankind is not holy to enter his kingdom. God then sent his one and only son to die on the cross to cleanse the sins of mankind. Through Christ the sins of mankind have been cleansed. Believing in God, confessing our sins and living the Christian lifestyle, one can know they will go to heaven after death). Christianity believe God created all creation, he gave his son Jesus to cleanse our sins, and by having faith in him will have eternal life.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Quid Sit: What is God of Mysticism in Bruce Almighty Bruce Almighty is a great movie because it shows mysticism in an over exaggerated way. The mysticism that is shown in this movie is how God’s mysticism is seen by Christians. In the beginning of the movie, Bruce is not getting anything that he wants in life, and he is constantly questioning God and asking him why he is doing this to him. “Faith is essentially based on divine acts. It consists of declaring that God intervenes in human history” (Danielou, 82).... [tags: Religion, God, Morgan Freeman, Trinity]
708 words (2 pages)
- God the Almighty “In the beginning God created the heavens and earth” (Genesis 1:1 NIV). Christianity is one of the largest religions in world. Over 2.2 billion people claim to be of the Christian faith (Johnson, 2016). Christianity is based on God and his creation, his son Jesus who gave his life for the sins of mankind, and through him one can obtain eternal life in the Kingdom of Heaven. God is the almighty. He is the creator of all creation. For Christians, God is the ultimate reality (“Lecture 2,” 2016).... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, Heaven, Salvation]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- For this class we were provided with three different books to help us develop our understanding of the doctrine of God in the Christian faith and Muslim faith. Two of the books focused individually on the two faiths, and the third is how a Christian might explain and understand the Muslim faith from their perspective. The benefit of having all three of the works is that there is full coverage of all topics, including a valuable perspective from an Islamic scholar. Assessment of God the Almighty In God the Almighty: Power, Wisdom, Holiness, Love author Donald Bloesch provides a graduate level study of the attributes of God.... [tags: christian faith, theology, muslin faith]
1921 words (5.5 pages)
- Biologically speaking, humans have a natural tendency to desire and create homes. This fostered the creation of many different types of home-like environments, including places, kingdoms and religious and non-religious indigenous customs. However, the wickedness of human indiscretion and the propagation of God’s prophecy, provide compelling reasons for human’s removal from their homes. Thus, I agree that humans are consistently trying construct homes, but God does not continually remove people from their homes.... [tags: bible, god, genesis]
1053 words (3 pages)
- The Myth of the Almighty Dragons and God An ear-piercing scream rang throbbing through the forest branches. Twigs snapped and cracked like brittle bones. The gusts of wind whipped up the smooth sand into blinding clouds of grit, as the white foam swirled amongst it, mingling together like storm clouds. The tribe slowed down to a jog and looked warily at their ominous surroundings. The impending trees' branches entwined like spidery fingers, clawing at the overcast sky in an upward spiral.... [tags: Papers]
1149 words (3.3 pages)
- “I believe in God the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.” (Genesis 1:1) “Conceived of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary” (Luke 1:26-38) “The communion on saints” (Matthew 26:26-30) These lines are, to me, invaluable sections of the Apostle’s Creed. The first one, which is also the first recitation in the creed, clarifies that God is the creator of everything past and present. While this seems simple on the surface, it is an extremely complicated topic when you consider it from all angles.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, Trinity, New Testament]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- I believe God created the entire universe; including all that has ever been and all that will ever be. God is omniscience. “God knows everything and God’s knowledge is complete.” There is one God, as scripture states in Ephesians 4:6 (NRSV) “one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in all.” God has no limits. God is present in all places at all times, as declared in Proverbs 15:3 (NRSV) “The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.” God is undeniably unchanging as revealed in Malachi 3:6 (CEB), “I am the Lord, I change not”.... [tags: Jesus, God in Christianity, Trinity, God]
1948 words (5.6 pages)
- Good morning brother and sister, as we continue this series on the children of Israel… we now come to the part of God being upset with Israel… Moses was with God…they both was having a good time… planning and talking about how they was going to lead the children to the promise land…then all of sudden, God knowing ALL and seeing ALL… said to him… Go, get down this mountain right now. For your people…. I’m not calming them no more... whom you brought out of the land of Egypt, because it look like I didn’t do nothing…since they making idol gods… have corrupted themselves…Oh brother and sister they went and piss off the Almighty God… God called Israel your people, in the sense that they belonge... [tags: God, Islam, Lord, Torah]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- An important topic is being discussed, and it concerns the various concepts of God. Indeed, throughout history humanity have asked the same question to no avail, is there really a God. However, “Philosophers have offered three answers to the “is anyone in charge” question: 1) there is a God, 2) there is no God, and 3) we can’t know whether there is a god or not a God (Roots of Wisdom Pg. 167). The belief that there is a god is called theism. Conversely, the belief that there is not a god is called atheism.... [tags: God, Good and evil, Omnipotence, Omniscience]
1404 words (4 pages)
- Bruce Almighty is a fiction story about a man who, after enduring a bad day, blasphemes God. He blames him for all the wrong doing in his life, and orders God to answer him. God does answer Bruce, appearing to Bruce as a janitor. After convincing Bruce he is God, he then bestows all of his Godly powers upon Bruce and tells him, “If you can do it better, than be my guest.” Bruce has a lot of fun with his new divine powers at first, but once his world starts to suffer from his selfish use of these powers havoc breaks out.... [tags: Christianity]
1795 words (5.1 pages)