Essay PreviewMore ↓
When some kids think about their summer break they think of opportunity. They want to try something they haven’t tried before. Such as learning a new sport, or taking up a musical instrument. I would like to take up something new and wish to learn, practice, and feel confident in a skill of some sorts before my summer ends. My decision isn’t clear of what to learn but that leaves tons of experiences out there for me to choose from.
Learning a new skill during my summer break is a goal of mine but its opposite is also an aspiration of mine, and that is to just relax. Having a break from school work gives me more of an opportunity to just lie back and enjoy having nothing to do. Relaxing the whole summer away may not be smart, but relaxing to enjoy the extra hours of free time defiantly is nice!
The last of my summer goals is the most important one, and that is to just have a good time. Balance is key to enjoying summer. If I were to sit on my couch throughout the summer boredom will quickly seep in and that’s never fun or memorable. Also if I were to work during the whole summer and have no time for myself then I’ll be burnt out just when school starts back up and I need my energy the most. Balancing these two things will make me have a very fun, memorable, and exciting summer without stress!
How to Cite this Page
"The Goals of Summer." 123HelpMe.com. 13 Oct 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cortney Harris Melvin English 101 November 19, 2014 American Poet, Edna St. Vincent Millay, once said, “I know I am but summer to you heart, and not the full four seasons of the year.” Summer is the point in the year where one is free to act however one may feel. When one can have that of childlike behavior and leave it behind once the season ends. David Updike’s “Summer” depicts a young boy, Homer, on a summer vacation who soon discovers his feelings for Fred’s sister, Sandra, but fears she does not feel the same.... [tags: Boy, Girl, Summer, Man]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Rationale Although I wasn’t in Mississippi during the ‘Freedom Summer’, I had a solid understanding of how life was during the ‘Freedom Summer’. This was years of racism and segregation towards the blacks in the US during the Civil Rights Movement. My aspect type was racism, and I learned of its impact on life through our analysis in the class of The Color Purple (1982) by Alice Walker, an epistolary novel about the lives of black people in rural dominated white racist Georgia during the 1920’s-50’s.... [tags: Civil Rights]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- In terms of short term goals, I think my short term goals are much like many other college students. First and foremost, I hope to finish out the semester with a 4.0 GPA. I hope to stay focused on my studies and finish out the year strong. I also hope to gain admission into the education program here at Liberty. After this semester is over I plan to return home for the summer and possibly try to find a part time job in a preschool or day care. I am also hoping to enroll in some summer classes in order to complete my long term goal of graduating early.... [tags: Education, Goal, Term, Learning]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- First of all, I want to talk about my purpose plan and go over my goals, interest, and strengths that will help me to be successful in my education a career goals. My goal is to graduate the Fire Science Academy with my Associates in Science degree in Fire Science, EMT certification, and my Minimum Standards certification. To add on to my goals, I would like to complete these three things in the two years that Valencia would like me to complete them in. My short term education goal is too graduate this program with in the time but, too also have a GPA of at least 3.5 and my long term education goal is to go back to school to achieve a bachelor’s degree.... [tags: Goal, Term, Academic term]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- Despite some uncommon and potentially inhibiting circumstances, I 've succeeded in high school. Perhaps not by the standards of the world, but I have accomplished my own goals and exceeded expectations I had set for myself. My academic curiosity and tendency towards perfectionism, have helped me maintain a 4.0 grade point average while taking on several challenging courses. My freshmen year I took a psychology course online and passed with an A. I 'm currently taking two AP courses and an honors course with surprisingly decent results.... [tags: Extracurricular activity, High school, Teacher]
1395 words (4 pages)
- The results for the students’ personal health goals showed that students answers included being healthy in order to complete other goals. If the students are not healthy, they will not be able to complete their educational and future goals. Overall, the study showed what students educational goals are and why they want to achieve those goals. The goals that the students have make them be motivated to be good in school in order to complete their academic and future goals. A limitation that the study had was that the participants were a small group.... [tags: Motivation, Educational psychology]
1742 words (5 pages)
- Summer Term Reflection Paper As I look back on the beginning of my journey to a better career and life I can remember the weeks and months leading up to the first day of class. I remember visiting the college and speaking with an advisor to decide exactly what it was I wanted to do, and the steps it would take for me to reach my goals. I recall talking with the advisor about the requirements for my General Education credits as well my need to take a preparatory class for algebra because I scored to low on the placement exam to be allowed to take the full college level math.... [tags: Reflection Paper]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- The Importance of Setting Goals Setting goals is the most important thing you can do in your life. Without goal's you are going to have no direction, no ambition to be successful, no drive to stay in school, and trouble finding a career that will provide for you. Without these three things, achieving your goals is going to be one of the toughest tasks in the years to come. When setting direction to success you must make good choices on the path you are going to choose. The wrong path will put you somewhere that is going to take you off track from your goals.... [tags: essays research papers]
604 words (1.7 pages)
- Educational Goals and Philosophy As a child, playing “school” occupied most of my time. My younger sister and I taught a bedroom full of stuffed animals and filled in imaginary names in our old school books. From the bad bears and loud bunnies to the good puppies and smart kittens, each stuffed animal possessed his or her own personality. The thought of teaching never entered into my mind when I was asked, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” Uncertain about the career field that I desired to pursue, my decisions depended upon the topics that held my interest at the time.... [tags: Education Teaching Teachers Essays]
1275 words (3.6 pages)
- June 21, 2010 INTE 499 Midterm After college and graduate school I plan to be a Marriage and Family therapist or a child psychologist. Not only do both require an excellent ability to communicate; both also require a reasonable knowledge and understanding of children. That is why this summer I decided to work/intern in a child-care facility. I believed it would give me an opportunity to expand my knowledge on children. For one, it would I get to interact with them on a one-on-one basis and group basis.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- Willy Lowman’s Tragic Misinterpretation of the American Dream in Death of a Salesman
- Theme of Sacrifice in Julia Alvarez's In Liberty and Exile
- Changes Brought About by the Industrial Revolution
- Revelations of Rosalind's Character in As You Like It
- The Cuisine of Madagascar
- The Tragedy of the Holocaust and How it Developed
Summer is the favorite season for almost all kids because of opportunity, relaxation, and the shear enjoyment of long warm days. Having three months away from school work gives kids a break and a chance to gain something they otherwise couldn’t have if school was all twelve months of the year. I hope my summer will turn out to be the best ever and I want to try my best to make sure that happens for me.