Essay PreviewMore ↓
I was watching a TV commercial in 1974 of a US Navy Destroyer cutting through the water. The caption for that commercial was "Navy. It's not just a job it's an Adventure" That caught my attention and I realized that I had no job and no future at this point in my life. I had no dreams, no ambitions, no goals and that commercial was about to change all of that. That was the start of me setting my life changing goals. Goal setting is a powerful exercise. When you write down your plans, they have a way of becoming a reality.
"Goal setting is actually a formal process for personal planning. By setting your goals on a routine basis (at the start of the year, every month, etc.), you propel yourself closer to achieving these goals." (Fowler, 2004) With that thought in mind I have set my first educational goal as a long term goal to earn a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology degree. This will open up my ability to strive for a career in my field of passion of computers. To overcome the issue of time management I have dedicated my self to using my Yahoo calendar and the calendar in Outlook Express more in-depth and more up to date than in the past. I will print out these calendars and post them on my bulletin board in my home office where I can reference and utilize them properly. My second educational goal is to complete every course for the University of Phoenix BSIT requirements with the best possible score for each class. I have the same issue of time management in relation to this goal. For this problem I have decided to create a semester (course) calendar with co-curricular activities so I can concentrate on completing my requirements for each course without being distracted with personal scheduling conflicts. My third and final educational goal is to complete the requirements for earning a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE). This is considered one of my long, long range goals. The only issue related to this goal is that I don't know what is required for this certification. I'm sure with obtaining the requirements from a web source I can overcome this goal with no problem.
The next set of goal setting importance is my personal goals with the first being to over come the obstacles associated with returning to school.
How to Cite this Page
"Goals Analysis." 123HelpMe.com. 04 Apr 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The discussion here will be held around North east based claims company We Can Group. To understand this analysis and what it will hold, we need do define organisation itself and why are they created. As Bratton et al. (2010, p. 279) defines ‘organizations are created to produce goods or services to pursue dominant goals that individuals acting alone cannot achieve.’ As well, this company was created for the same reason, to provide service to customer/consumer. Moreover, services they provide are different from what people usually imagine, but without industry of claims, people would be paying for goods and companies' interest in relation to goods, with no possible way to get the interest ba... [tags: performance, managers, we can group]
1974 words (5.6 pages)
- American Heart Association Case Analysis Competitive Strategy and Operational Goals Since 1924 the American Heart Association has been very successful in raising funds, sponsoring research, and spreading awareness of the causes and consequences of stroke and heart disease. In 2006 in support of their mission statement “Building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke”, the AHA announced a new strategic goal of increasing their total revenue from $600 million to $1 billion in order to reduce the death rate from coronary heart disease and stroke by 25 percent by 2010.... [tags: Business Analysis]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- Market Penetration Goals: In order to enter the marketplace there are two significant issues that we must first address before we can proceed further. Firstly, taste. The diet wafer must be of a texture, taste, and consistency that is enjoyable for our targeted customers. Secondly, in order to progress into larger marketplaces, an in-depth and scientific study must be performed with real test subjects that can demonstrate concrete evidence of the weigh loss effects of our product. A taste test booth can be set up around the University of Calgary campus in order to gauge the public’s opinion on test flavors and textures.... [tags: Scientific method, Science, Market, Brand]
1312 words (3.7 pages)
- In order to clearly state the human resource management goals and to identify opportunities for growth, I anticipate conducting a GAP analysis for the leadership development plan. The GAP analysis is the best choice to relay to the local directors where human resource management is currently and what can be done now to enhance the body of work either through present abilities or acquired ones. It is said that perception is reality, so it is important to assess how others see the organization. Therefore, the perception component of the GAP analysis will be the main focus of gathering feedback of the overall operation of the program.... [tags: Management, Leadership, United States Army]
898 words (2.6 pages)
- Introduction Organizations are permanently exposed to the impact of volatile outside and inside factors variety, and therefore have to adjust their direction, structure, procedures and systems in order to search new opportunities and stay successful. “Both trade and academic journals have reported cases in which companies have achieved operational excellence by means of focused process improvement and effective management and scheduling of constrained resources” (Gupta, Chahal, Kaur, & Sharma, 2010, p.864).... [tags: Common Goals, Firm Analysis]
1662 words (4.7 pages)
- ... We see this characteristic in Schindler being brought forth when he works toward his goal in becoming rich, when he influences some of his self motivation on Goeth, and when Schindler approaches toward his newly changed goal in saving Jews. Schindler’s first goal is his sole intention in becoming rich, filthy rich. He decides to start by beginning a pots and pans business with his new Jewish accountant, Itzhak Stern. Although Schindler is clueless of the ways in which an enamelware factory is run and of the distant relations between the Jews and the Nazis, all he has in mind is of is of him becoming successful.... [tags: film analysis, hero, goals]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- Education has always been an important establishment upon which I build my goals and visions. Without a degree, I would not be able to ever achieve my greatest motivations. This consist of being able to help repeated offenders and criminals be able to function and go through daily task in society again best way possible, and knowing it’s a chance for that to occur. Throughout my life, my instructors, family, work background, has helped me gain perceptions on mental health and Criminal Justice Fields which led me to be intrigued about the behavioral prospective of it.... [tags: Psychology, Behavior, Applied behavior analysis]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- The users are commonly using the internet for several information needs. Still, the abstruse word\topic submitted to search engine does not satisfy user information needs, because different users may have different information on dissimilar facets upon the submission of same query to search engine. So discovering different user search goals becomes complicated. The estimation and representation of user search goals can be very useful in improving search engine applicability and user knowledge. This paper proposes an approach for concluding user search goals by analyzing user query logs from several search engines.... [tags: feedback, clicked, analysis]
696 words (2 pages)
- Boeing Company's Goals and Actions Abstract This paper analyzes the goals and actions of Boeing by analyzing its critical success factors as well as its strategic roadmap. Introduction The Boeing Corporation is one of the largest manufacturers in the world.... [tags: Business Analysis Management Strategy]
1576 words (4.5 pages)
- Edward Jones: Values and Goals A fourteen year veteran of Edward Jones counted one of the perks of her job as reading client "thank you" notes penned when children went to college, or when retirements were launched a little bit early (Wolfe, 22 Feb 2002). This veteran could have counted many other types of perks such as salary, career advancement, etc., but she did not. She stated the intangible, intrinsic benefits like “thank you” notes and personal greetings. Many other employees stated similar things like “all we do is help people obtain goals”, clients are just as likely to come in to tell of good news or show off their new car as they are to sign business paperwork, and “everyone is fo... [tags: Business Analysis]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
My last sets of goals are my professional goals and the first one is to complete my local union requirements for completing my foreman certification prior to their deadline date of January 01, 2006. This one I have found the most problem to be scheduling conflicts with University of Phoenix classes and personal commitments. With this I have committed to keep better control and updates on my long range schedule. This will require at least maintaining a three month schedule. My second professional goal is to obtain my State of Washington Journeyman Class A Limited Energy Electrical License within one year of today September 18, 2005. The issues relating to this goal has been I considered it unimportant in the past and I really don't know what the requirements are. But with diligence and investigation I will contact the appropriate Building Codes Department and begin studying for the test along with all the other studying requirements I've committed myself to. My last and final professional goal is to change from my current job to a career in the Information Technology world after my completion of my degree. The most contributing factor for this goal is degree determination. I can not give up this determination this time. I will focus on my educational goals one at a time, both short and long term, on day at a time. I will continue to work on my resume and work on completing applications for both state and local government jobs in the IT field.
These goals I have set for myself are different than ones in the past. This time I have written these down and inserted into my calendars so I can be reminded of where I'm going and to be able to mark them off as completed. My completion of my career goals up till now has been by sheer coincidence that I accomplished them. I had them in the back of my mind but they weren't really concrete and written in stone. Now I feel more focused on what I need to accomplish instead of wandering what I'm going to do today.
Fowler, Kellie (December 2004) It's Goal Setting Time Again!
By Kellie Fowler, published in Mind Tools 30 December 2004 Newsletter. Retrieved September 18, 2005, from http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newHTE_99.html
German, Katie, Dr. Jacobs, C Period Chemistry Web Reviews. 3/28/01. Managing Your Time. Retrieved September 18, 2005 from: http://www.campuslife.utoronto.ca/handbook/02001ManagingTime.html