Amber K Davis
Mississippi State University
As a new graduate from Mississippi State University, I have received my master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. I have planned to relocate to the state, Louisiana, to start my career as a Clinical Mental Health Counselor once I receive my LPC. There are many positions available that I have met the right requirements for in the state of Louisiana that offers a lot of benefits. There is an announcement at CRC Health Group in Baton Rouge, Louisiana for an Outpatient Addictions Counselor (“CRC Health Group Inc.,” 2014). The goal for CRC Health Group is to provide treatment programs for adults and youth who are struggling with chemical dependency, eating disorders, obesity, behavioral problems, pain management, and or learning disabilities. For over thirty years, the CRC Health Group has provided excellent treatment and care to the clientele and continue to set higher standards in behavioral health care (“CRC Health Group Inc.,” 2014).
The job position will require me to assist patients to reach their treatment goals, prepare current progress reports, maintain accurate records for each client to ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations, to coordinate and cooperate with local agencies and organizations to further treatment for all the clientele, and to provide paperwork to clients, probation and parole departments, and courts (“CRC Health Group Inc.,” 2014). After attending Mississippi State University and receiving my license, I will meet all the following requirements for this job.
Although a salary was not included in the job description, the CRC Health Group does offer a benefits package to ...
... middle of paper ...
...rofessional Counselor License Requirement’s in Louisiana? Retrieved from http://www.counselor-license.com/states/louisiana-counselor-license.html#section6
Louisiana Licensed Professional Counselors Board of Examiners. (2014, September 8) Retrieved from http://www.lpcboard.org/
CRC Health Group Inc. (2014) Outpatient Addictions Counselor Needed. Retrieved from https://crc.imomentous.com/job/CRCHA001H430/CRCHA001H/Counselor
American Mental Health Counseling Association (2013) Retrieved from http://www.amhca.org/
Louisiana Counseling Association (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.lacounseling.org/lca/default.asp
NAADAC (2013) Masters Addiction Counselor. Retrieved from http://www.naadac.org/mac
MastersInCounseling.org (2014) Average Salary Outlook for Counselors. Retrieved from http://www.mastersincounseling.org/whats-your-average-salary-with-a-masters-in-counseling.html
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Colorectal cancer, or CRC, affects African American men and women more than Caucasians, at a rate 20% higher. This is concerning when faced with the mortality rates among African Americans, 28% higher for women and 14% higher for men than for Whites. African Americans are also more likely to be in later stages of the disease when diagnosed. There is a need to study and evaluate why these factors exist, as proper screening and early diagnosis can severely impact survival rates for CRC. One study attempts to find the solution through testing, however, this study slightly discredits itself along the way.... [tags: disease, factors, screening, testing]
682 words (1.9 pages)
- The goal of health care today is to be universal, to be able to speak one common language despite of location, to have interoperability. By doing so less time will be spent on obtaining document and asking the patient redundant question once they move from one location to the next and more time will be spent on actual patient care. By having to focus switch to more patient care it will guarantee more patient satisfaction, faster recovery time and less medical or financial error. The focus of this paper is to gain knowledge of ICD-10 as well as HL7, and see if there is any relation between the two.... [tags: Health care, Medicine, Health care provider]
1758 words (5 pages)
- The group I attended was Weight Watchers, its purpose is to provide support and resources to members looking to lead healthier lives and lose weight. It is a health based self-help group, facilitated by a member who has had success on the Weight Watcher’s program (Kurtz, 2004). All meetings are open and information regarding times and locations can be easily found on their website. Weight Watchers offers individuals to attend the first meeting for free. After which, participation is on a paid basis and varies depending on the plan purchased.... [tags: Obesity, Dieting, Health, Weight loss]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- The primary goal of health information technology is to provide a better understanding, and exchange of information among different population groups and entities such as health care professionals, patients, payers within and outside the organization. If health information technology has been adopted widely, there would be more than $81 billion annually save in the United States only (Gee & Newman, 2013). Despite the vast improvement of health information technology in the current century when compared to the past, there still many challenges in adopting the technology.... [tags: Health care, Health care provider]
1346 words (3.8 pages)
- 3) EVALUATION STRATEGY AND APPROACH Given the scale and scope of the CRC programs, i.e. the large number of participating communities, the overall evaluation goal is to empower participating communities to perform their own evaluations in becoming cardiac ready communities. Thus, the evaluation strategy consists of providing the participating communities with resources (e.g. evaluation manuals) and technical assistance needed to enable ongoing self-assessment. The evaluation approach for CRC is grounded in system thinking.... [tags: Evaluation, Program evaluation, Evaluation methods]
1476 words (4.2 pages)
- Although United Health care Group made an incomparable amount of revenue leading with $20.2 billion, and the remaining companies are very well known. Albeit, all of these company 's are reputable companies and as much as I would like to research each company to assess where their stance in the business world today we were asked to research one company. Instantly I was inquisitorial with Well Point. Although Well Point came in as second for their gross revenue, they struck my interest. Mainly, I was intrigued by their total amount of enrollees/insured for 2008 which was at a heaping 35.3 million.... [tags: Health care, Health insurance]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Whereas, this is not to say that challenges cannot be deal with or overcame. There are some recommendations will help leaders face these issues. Setting a good goal for a group, and leaders should take a proactive approach to this and make a plan for completing goals. Giving the right to people who works for you, this can make employee confident and male you more productive. “Outstanding leaders go out of the way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish Maximize your value to some tasks that only you can do, but do not forget delegate more.” (Sam Walton, 1918) Making the responsibilities of a role clear, help everyone... [tags: Management, Strategic management, Technology]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Colon Cancer (CRC) Imagine sitting in the doctor’s office waiting. You hear the ticks of the clock and you feel like it is the longest wait of your life. You start playing with your hands so nervous to hear the verdict, Questions start running though your mind such as, “What will I do if I have cancer?” “Is it curable?” “How much chemo will I have to do if it is non-curable?” The doctor comes in with a disheartened look on their face and they inform you that you have colon cancer. Can you possibly imagine hearing those words.... [tags: Cancer, Colorectal cancer, Cancer staging]
1154 words (3.3 pages)
- Each individual is categorized into a group from the day they were conceived. According to Kozier et al (2010) a group is “two are more people who have shared need and goals, who taken each other in account in their and who, thus, are held together and set apart from others by virtue of their interaction” (p. 400). The communicate that takes place between members of the group is group dynamic (Kozier et al, 2010). Motivation for participation and similarity of other group members and the goals of the group will affect the group dynamic (Kozier et al, 2010).... [tags: Group Dynamics]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- The book tells us the story of a plant manager, Alex Rogo, who is trying to save his plant, at least show some improvements within 90 days to keep it open. Alex's primary problem is that his plant can not consistently get a quality product out of the plant on time at the cost that can beat the competition. His plant is losing money and if he cannot make it profitable, the management eventually will decide to close the plant. In his fight to save his plant, a physician, Jonah, helps him in achieving his objectives.... [tags: Goal Business Book Summary]
1363 words (3.9 pages)