Goa is also known internationally in various names like: "Rome of the East", "Tourist Paradise" and "Pearl of the Orient" the state of Goa is located on the western coast of India in the coastal belt known as Konkan. Goa has a unique history, natural beauty and rich culture that have attracted tourists from around the world, over the past. Churches, museums, old streets and homes, beaches, and wildlife are the main tourist attractions of this place. (Goa tourism, 2011)
Goa is the smallest state in India by area and population. Most of Goa is a part of the coastal country known as the Konkan, which is an escarpment rising up to the Western Ghats range of mountains, which separate it from the Deccan Plateau, and has 103 kilometres of coastline. The nearness to Arabian Sea and being a tropical zone, Goa has a hot and humid climate for most of the year. The vast green expanse of the Sahyadri mountain range ensures that Goa has an abundance of water. The sea and rivers abound in seafood - prawns, mackerels, sardines, crabs and lobsters are the most popular with the locals and the visitors. Along with English which is widely spoken all over Goa, Konkani and Marathi are the other recognized languages. Goan cuisine is a blend of different influences the Goans had to endure during the centuries. The staple food in Goa is fish and rice, both among the Hindus and the Catholics. The long period of Portuguese rule has strongly influenced the Goan cuisine. (Goa tourism, 2008)
Traces of former Portuguese domination can be seen throughout when travelling through Goa; this creates an exotic ambience. Beaches, which are Goa’s greatest assets are illuminated with high mast lights allowing the tourist to roam around, even in the nights, safel...
... middle of paper ...
...h wood furnishing and tiled floors inside. Guests get the chance to enjoy nature walks, bonfires, folk dances, and village excursions. This resort also rated as one of the beast eco resort of India by MSN Green (MSN, 2010).
The Nature Conservation Facility has established at Chorla Ghats to help researchers and ecologist who monitoring and studying about the Western Ghats. They organize range of programs like making aware to the others about the importance of conservation and also support activities related to conservation of natural and cultural heritage, the Nature Conservation Facility is also being recognized as a hub of activity for volunteers and students who train here under researchers of international repute and carry forward the torch of nature conservation. Now the nature conservation facility is in the process of documenting about the local community.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Throughout someone’s life they will go to many places with their family, friends, another relatives. I have been on a few vacations that have made a lasting impact on my life. But one of the most memorable vacations I have experienced was with my cousins. I went to goa beach. Most of you probably don’t know about that beach but it is a very famous one in south India. I enjoyed myself to the fullest. The beach environment was enlightening. I would not have wanted to take this trip with anyone other than my cousins.... [tags: Water, Ocean, English-language films, Coast]
702 words (2 pages)
- Part A The Management Decision Problem The management decision problem relates to re-positioning of the image of Goa as popular tourist destination. In addition, Goa seeks to be a part of the tagline Incredible India. Agudo et al. (2012) mentioned that Western Hippies and backpackers have perceived Traditionally Goa as a tourist destination that is frequented. It is also associated with drug consumption and has a negative perception among domestic as well as international tourists. However, the repositioning campaign shall consist of considerable expenditure.... [tags: Tourism, Marketing, Sampling, Research]
1908 words (5.5 pages)
- Mumbai, the City of Dreams Introduction The largest city in India is Mumbai, located on the west coast of the state of Maharashtra. In fact, it is quite fascinating to know that almost 13 million people live in this city. As Mumbai is the largest city in India that consist of 239 square miles, and 619 square kilometers. https://www.britannica.com/place/Mumbai Since it is the largest city of India, this vibrant city is spread over an area of about 437 square kilometers, and is approximately 14 m above the sea level.... [tags: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, Goa]
2026 words (5.8 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Regional identities have always been dominant features of Indian cultural matrix. Goa has a unique culture. The literature of the region reveals its identity. The liberation of Goa brought a new vigour into its literature. The writer’s contact with the reality of life became more alive. Goa’s freedom movement and indignation at the injustice, economic inequality and Goan immigration were common themes in fiction in Goa. Goans have been through a long denationalizing colonial experience which still affects both the social reality and the psyche.... [tags: regional identities, literary analysis]
1814 words (5.2 pages)
- Should women serve in combat positions. The Combat Exclusion Law has dealt with this question since the 1940’s. As time continues, the question remains. The military has increased the percentage of females allowed to be enlisted and commissioned in the services as well as increasing the positions allotted to them (Matthews, Ender, Laurence, & Rohall, 2009). Keenan posits “women have served with distinction in … the Revolutionary War…as volunteer nurses and were only occasionally in the direct line of fire…four nurses evacuating 42 patients while the Germans bombed their field hospital…” (the DoD Combat Exclusion Policy) pg.... [tags: Women in Military Essays]
1366 words (3.9 pages)
- In “After Tucson: Why are the mentally ill still bearing arms?,” author Nathan Thornburgh (2011) discusses the January 8, 2011 shooting of 19 people at a political event in Tucson, Arizona which left six dead and congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords severely wounded. Thornburgh is quick to dismiss gun control and gun rights advocates’ reactions to the event but instead focuses solely on gunman, Jared Loughner’s, mental illness. Specifically, Thornburgh blames college officials, and other organizations for not reporting their contacts with Loughner, and blames the lack of compliance by states with laws regarding the reporting of mental illness to a federal database.... [tags: Gun Control ]
1366 words (3.9 pages)
- L E T T E R F R O M I N D I A It’s there, if you look carefully enough, all but lost amid the ancient India of bullock-carts and lepers and ash-smeared sadhus and farmhouse walls plastered with drying dung; the not-soancient India of fume-spewing auto-rickshaws and mildewed concrete apartment blocks and shantytowns the size of small cities; the tourist India of taxi touts and Taj Mahal. It’s there in the leather-clad teenagers at the South Delhi multiplex, shelling out 110 rupees (about two days’ average wages) for the latest Hollywood release; in the VJs strenuously aping Western styles of hipness on Indian MTV; in the handsome, dignified Rajasthani painter, scion of an ancient family o... [tags: indian, culture, tradition, clas]
2705 words (7.7 pages)
- Christianity in Asia has encountered many political and territorial obstacles. Matteo Ricci’s Jesuit order made a continuous effort in Christian missionary work in India, Japan, and China. Unfortunately, results from India and Japan show very negative and Ricci began his focus on China instead. Roman Catholicism was able to establish once during the Yuan dynasty in Chinese history, but it was soon wiped out during the Ming dynasty. Under Matteo ricci’s influence, Roman Catholicism was able to establish a second time in China.... [tags: Religion]
686 words (2 pages)
- Introduction In 1949, George Orwell wrote the book titled ‘Nineteen Eighty- four’, which first put forth the idea of an omniscient government that could see and hear every action and word that its people undertook. Little did Orwell know- or perhaps he did know- that such an idea would, today, be a reality. Satellites can identify and follow any person on the face of this Earth. The content of our very thoughts and intended actions can be made known by what we post on the internet, which is analysed by people working in IT companies like Apple and Google, and even analysts in the defense sectors of governments.... [tags: Employee Privacy Essays]
2761 words (7.9 pages)
- Techno Electronic music has been around since the late 60's and is now a very popular type of music among many poeple. My favorite genre of electronic music is Techno. Techno is a hard edge driven dance music that contains electronic sounds, high-energy, and a rhythmic beat. The sounds can range from simple beats of a drum to TV and movie dialogue or siren screams. Around 1986, there was a scene in Detroit which began spinning a futuristic kind of music. The DJ's began experimenting with electronic music and playing it in their clubs.... [tags: essays research papers]
590 words (1.7 pages)