Global warming is a prominent symbol embodies. It is not only a scientific problem, it is one of the major political and economic issues are also facing the world today, and is closely related to all countries and the public. Global warming is definition as “an increase in the earth 's average atmospheric temperature that causes corresponding changes in climate, and that may result from the greenhouse effect.” in dictionary.com. In other words, it is because the amount of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases increase resulting in temperature.
As early as in 1938, in late nineteenth Century a British meteorologist Kalinda in the analysis of the CO2 observation data around the world after sporadic. Then she points out that the concentration of CO2 has increased by 6% than the beginning of the century, and shows that the existence of the global warming tendency to mid-20th century from the end of the century. It caused great repercussions in the world. Therefore, American Scripps Institute for marine studies Kerin in Hawaii in 1958 at Waimanalo, sub-mountain 3400 meters above sea level where established observation, began the precise observation of the content of CO2 in the atmosphere. Because Hawaii is located in the central North Pacific, it almost unpolluted terrestrial environment, so it observations have quite high reliability. However, global warming was first proposed by the Swedish scientists(Arrhenius) in 1986, but people they do not understand at first time, and they are not to pay attention to it. In the late 1950 's and early 1960 's Charles Keeling used the most modern technologies available to produce concentration cu...
... middle of paper ...
...educed crop yields, and the temperature is too high is not conducive to the growth of seeds. In addition, Monet and other scientists believe that, in the Arctic, the Arctic ice melting with continuously, forced to long looking for polar bear population has increased food. Because of the long journey foraging deaths may be an important cause of dead polar bears. If the melting of Arctic ice further in the future, this polar bear deaths may also increase. Previous studies have also pointed out, the polar bear is the largest victim of climate warming. In Canada 's Hudson Bay as an example, where the polar bear summer in life ashore, then hunt seals must trek nearly 100 kilometers, very hard. In the past 15 years, because the sea ice time delay, female polar bear weight more and more light, the attendant is the decrease of the survival rate of reproductive rate and cubs.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Global Warming Quandary The debate on global warming continues even though overwhelming scientific evidence has been supported that this is indeed a problem the world faces. Scientists have shown that global warming is at its “tipping point” and yet the world governments make no solid effort in claiming that the Earth is facing such a vulnerability. In today’s world, there appears to be a battle raging between global warming alarmists and global warming skeptics. This prevents cooperation on the issue and halts real progress to reduce or reverse global warming.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide]
931 words (2.7 pages)
- Global Warming in the Polar Regions Ice cores and other evidence of climate conditions in the past provide evidence that rising atmospheric carbon dioxide levels are associated with the rising of global temperatures. Human activities, primarily the burning of fossil fuels and the clearing of forests have increased the amounts of greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide and methane in the atmosphere (Union of Concerned Scientists). Since the beginning of the industrial revolution the atmospheric greenhouse gases have increased by an average of about 35% and the average temperature has risen about 0.6 celsius (Live Science).... [tags: Climate, Climate change, Global warming]
1652 words (4.7 pages)
- Global Warming With it being the presidential election season the talk of global warming, also known as climate change has come up in conversation more. But should it be associated with whether you are republican or democrat. Global warming should not be rather you “believe” in because it is a stated fact. Many individuals do not know the correct definition and what global warming should mean to them. The definition by the Oxford Dictionary declares that global warming is a gradual increase in the overall temperature of the earth 's atmosphere generally attributed to the greenhouse effect caused by increased levels of carbon dioxide, chlorofluorocarbons, and other pollutants (Oxford Dictiona... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Ocean]
1548 words (4.4 pages)
- Urgency of Anthropogenic Climate Change and Global Warming “Increases in air and water temperatures, reduced frost days, increased frequency and intensity of heavy downpours, a rise in sea level, and reduced snow cover” are in the future of the human race unless we take action immediately to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases (“Global Climate Change” 9; “Background”). Before proceeding into the full depth of human-induced global warming, context should be given as to the meaning of commonly used terms.... [tags: Greenhouse gas, Climate change, Global warming]
1601 words (4.6 pages)
- Do you hate winter. Do you hate the sound of the rain. Do you feel annoyed when your toes are freezing. have you ever wished for summer to be all year. Well, you will most likely change your opinion when global warming impacts our atmosphere and weather. Nowadays, Global warming is one of the biggest problems facing our society. According to the article “Global change and the greenhouse Earth”, many scientists believe that the emission of greenhouse gasses is impacting climate change and this is extremely dangerous for all of our lives.... [tags: Greenhouse gas, Global warming, Carbon dioxide]
1108 words (3.2 pages)
- Global Warming Global warming is an increase in the earth's temperature due to fossil fuels, industry, and agricultural processes caused by human, natural, and other gas emissions. (Melissa Phillips). This results in an increased emission of greenhouse gases. (Caroline Quatman). Short-wave solar radiation sinks into the Earth's atmosphere and warms its surface; while longwave infrared radiation emitted by earth's surface is absorbed, and then re-emitted by trace gases. (Brent C. Willhoite) Climate changes occur in our earth's atmosphere due to a buildup of greenhouse gases.... [tags: Environment Global Warming Climate Change]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- Global Warming Global Warming is an important ecological issue and has many negative effects upon our environment. Global Warming, or what has been called the Greenhouse effect, is the result of a fourfold ecological process. 1-Sunlight radiates from the sun, through space, to Earth’s atmosphere. 2- The sunlight enters the atmosphere and hits Earth. Some of it turns into heat energy in the form of infrared light. The heat gets absorbed by surrounding air and land, which in turn makes it warm.... [tags: Environment Global Warming Climate Change]
609 words (1.7 pages)
- Global Warming Climate change is neither new nor unusual. Throughout the history of the earth, the average surface temperature, climate and greenhouse gas concentrations have changed, sometimes gradually other times quite sharply. During the past 10,000 years the earth has been in an interglacial period with a fairly stable climate, surface temperature, and greenhouse gas concentration1. The problem that has arisen in recent times is when scientists analyze the past 150 years, especially the last 50.... [tags: Environment Global Warming Climate Change]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- Global Warming Mission Plan a. Analysis of the Problem 1. History of the Problem Some scientist's have been concerned since 1896 about what might happen if there were 5.5 billion tons carbon dioxide in our atmosphere. In 1961 a British scientist did an experiment showing that the carbon in the air was absorbing some of the sun's radiation. Afterward a Swedish scientist, Suante Arrhenius, found out if the radiation of the sun was trapped in the carbon dioxide the temperature of the earth would increase by 1-2 degrees.... [tags: Environment Global Warming Climate Change]
2332 words (6.7 pages)
- Global Warming For the last 20 years or so the subject of global warming has spawned heated debate among the world’s brightest minds. Its causes and effects, if either actually exists, have been hotly debated. The most popular hypothesis is called the greenhouse effect with the agreed upon cause being green house gasses. These gasses are all naturally occurring and include water vapor, methane, oxygen, and the now infamous carbon dioxide. Greenhouse gasses exist in the atmosphere and have an effect on our global weather.... [tags: Environment Global Warming Climate Change]
1196 words (3.4 pages)