There are many problems and solutions to global warming. Scientists have spent years trying to figure out what is causing all of the extreme climate changes that have been going on in the last few decades. They have come to the conclusion that greenhouse gases, and everyday human activities are the two main sources of global warming. However, since the discovery of the source of global warming, researchers have also found many solutions to this worldwide phenomenon.
Scientists have discovered that there are many greenhouse gases responsible for global warming, and humans emit them in all sorts of ways. A big majority of these harmful gases come from the combustion of fossil fuels, factories, and electricity powered industries. The gas responsible for a large amount of global warming is Carbon Dioxide, also known as CO2. Other effective gases include the following: Methane, which is released by large landfills, Nitrous Oxide from fertilizers, industrial production, and mass deforestation. Deforestation is the act in which large amounts of tree’s are harvested. This is a problem in many countries, because the effect of these actions results in the loss of Carbon Dioxide, and if not done right, the loss of natural habitats, that can later cause trouble for the surrounding species.
The outcome of these changes in the climate have become very noticeable. The sea level has been rising resulting in numerous tsunamis, hurricanes, and flooding. In 2011, rainfall in Ohio was 300 percent of the normal, flooding the Mississippi River, and resulting in nearly three billion dollars in damage along with 7 deaths. In the Midwest, storms that normally resulted in only three inches of rain have doubled in the las...
... middle of paper ...
...o cut down on harmful gases that pollute the Earths atmosphere. With healthier, and larger forests, Trees can store all of the Carbon Dioxide that is being produced. These plans will have their drawbacks, but it will give different communities a chance to decide how they will power their lives.
With Global warming comes many problems that can affect our everyday lives. Though with these problems comes many solutions. As humans, we are naturally the source of Global Warming and greenhouse gases. But things will only continue to get worse, if the citizens of Earth continue to do nothing. To stop the devastating fate that Global Warming has in store for us, we must take a stand and do what we can to prevent it. Changing the way we farm, harvest, produce things in factories, and dispose of things can get us one step closer to making the world a better place.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Because of the apparent melting of the polar ice caps, scientists have begun to admonish the industrialized nations that they must take extreme measures to stop global warming. America should take the lead in stopping global warming. There is much controversy among scientists as to whether or not global warming is actually happening. With all the evidence that has been collected, one can conclude that the Earth is showing signs of climate change. The Earth’s average temperature has climbed about one point four degrees Fahrenheit since the year 1880 (“Global Warming Fast Facts” 2007).... [tags: Climate Change, Argumentative Essay]
1537 words (4.4 pages)
- The climate on the Earth is changing. Ice age is interleaved with the global warming. In the present age, the temperature of the Earth's climate system continue rapidly increase and it leads to global warming. Global warming is the process of gradual growth of average annual temperature of the atmosphere of the Earth and World ocean. The average temperature on the Earth was increased by 0.6C. There are various reasons of global warming, such as human activities, natural events, increasing of gases, such as carbon dioxide in atmosphere and solar activity (Global warming).... [tags: Global Warming Essay]
1474 words (4.2 pages)
- Are humans destroying the planet. Or is the planet going through a phase like it had thousands of years ago. Global Warming is a heated discussion to many scientists and politicians. Many facts may lead to believe that Global Warming is a threat. But, can it possibly be something that will benefit the planet in the long run. Global warming is becoming a problem to the Earth, but how do we justify this problem. Global Warming to some may be hard to explain and to go into detail with. "Global Warming is the theory that average temperatures around the world have begun to rise, and will continue to rise, due to an increase of certain gases, called greenhouse gases in the atmosphere."(Phillies E... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Earth]
1847 words (5.3 pages)
- In a century, various parts of the world will be underwater and there will be no life. Human activities such as burning fossil fuels, transportation emissions, and deforestation have caused global climate changes that can lead to catastrophic results if people do not take action. The main event that is contributing to Earth’s destruction is global warming. Global warming is a long term used to reference “a large increase in the Earth’s average surface tem temperature that results in large changes in climate.” Differences in “solar radiation, atmospheric chemistry, and oceanic and atmospheric circulation resulted in global climate changes.” Many human activities contribute to the much of the... [tags: Global Warming Essay]
1061 words (3 pages)
- In the 21st century, there are lots of elements that threat the United States. However, in my opinion, the biggest threat that America faces is climate change. There are several reasons that support my hypothesis. The first reason is the growing incidence of natural disasters by the climate change. The second reason is the food and clean water problems. The third reason is the reduction of precipitation and desertification of the American southwest. The last reason is the difficulty of global cooperation.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Greenhouse gas, Global warming]
757 words (2.2 pages)
- “It 's record cold all over the country and world - where the hell is global warming, we need some fast!”, said by one of 2016 presidential candidates of the United States of America. Global warming is a term that has been excessively and loosely used in different aspects of society all over the world, yet the majority of the population do not truly understand and unsuccessfully grasp the concepts of global warming. For example, 63% of Americans know that global warming is occurring; however, many fail to comprehend why (Leiserowitz et al., 2010).... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Climate, Earth]
1634 words (4.7 pages)
- Multiple lines of scientific evidence show that the climate is warming. Although the increase of near-surface atmospheric temperature is the measure of global warming often reported in the popular press. most of the additional energy stored in the climate system since 1970 has gone into ocean warming. First the remainder has melted ice, and warmed the continents and atmosphere. Many of the observed changes since the 1950s are unprecedented. global warming is increasing. In 2014 scientists were more than 95% certain that global warming is being caused mostly by increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases and other human activities.... [tags: Greenhouse gas, Global warming, Carbon dioxide]
714 words (2 pages)
- One of the major issues in today’s society is Global warming. It is one of many kinds of climate that the Earth goes through. The primary cause of global warming is the human expansion of the greenhouse effect. Greenhouse gases keep the earth warm through a process called greenhouse effect. Greenhouse gases like Carbon dioxide trap heat from the atmosphere and maintain the soil warm. Without greenhouse gases, our planet would be too cold. However, people are adding extra greenhouse gases when they’re driving, using electricity, and in a factory.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Global warming, Greenhouse gas]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- In chapter 8 of the book, Wilding in America, we discussed in the classroom about the global warming changes in United States, wilding against humanity, and political campaign against our environment. These are the most fundamental points being discussed in the presentation of wilding against the environment. The problem about global warming is that we the people are the cause of global warming changing. For instance, United States burn more oil, coal, and other fossil fuels that pours out catastrophic level of greenhouse creating a perfect storm.... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Fossil fuel, Coal]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- Global Warming, It’s Killing Us. Global warming. It’s killing our planet. Wake up America. Our planet as we know it is coming to an end. Why you may ask. Good question. I am just like you. I always thought global warming would just heat up our planet and that’s all. I did not realize how wrong I was. Have you ever wondered why our planet is having areas with major droughts, or why our planet is getting unusually hot, or even wondered why there are such weird weather conditions that are very unusual.... [tags: Global warming, Earth, Carbon dioxide]
1455 words (4.2 pages)