The ice caps play a major role in the climate. The ice caps reflect heat from the sun, therefore without the ice caps, the earth absorbs more heat causing the ice caps to break off into the ocean and melt. Melting of the North Pole ice caps causes a rising in the sea levels, effecting coastal lands throughout the world (Evans & Stepien, 2008). The rising sea levels effects coastal lands causing the cities to relocate because of flooding. Florida in particular experiences the issue with flooding of their land. With the expected increase in sea levels rising, Florida 's low elevated land exposes residents to be directly impacted (Evans & Stepien, 2008). Although global warming can never be stopped, steps can be taken to slow down the process. New York is one state that is taking steps to reduce their production of carbon dioxide. New York provides "green" public transportation in some cities; this is one step that can be taken to reduce the production of carbon dioxide. In other parts of the world, other countries are also taking steps to limit the amount of carbon dioxide being produced.
Another effect that global warming has is an extreme change...
... middle of paper ...
Global warming affects every aspect of life on earth. Weather changes, wildlife close to extinction, flooding of coastal lands, and drastic temperature changes can be too much for the planet. This change also affects human life. If everyone took the steps to reduce or limit the production of carbon dioxide, then the process of global warming could be slowed down. The planet is a precious home to millions of humans and wildlife. Therefore, earth should be taken care of or the world as we know it will crash and become unstable for any sort of life. Everything that lives on earth has a special purpose, and global warming changes that purpose. Global warming is a worldwide nightmare that thousands of people fail to acknowledge. If everyone on earth took steps to limit carbon dioxide emission, then we would be in the right direction of saving the planet.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A massive change in the past centuries has happened to our planet, which was a result of global warming. Global warming is a big environmental issue that affects the whole wide world, which everyone must know and be aware of it, especially youth. By educating younger generations and spreading social awareness there might be a big difference in future actions. The effect of global warming can be grouped into three main headings; the increase of carbon dioxide, weather change, CFCs, methane, and glaciers melt.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Global warming, Oxygen]
702 words (2 pages)
- The adverse effects of global warming have become more and more apparent since the beginning of the 20th century, with more hurricanes and tropical storms that have caused massive destruction in different areas around the world.There is also a big increase in animal species that are losing their habitats and going extinct, and an increasing death percentage of people dieing due to heat conditions. It all started in 1896 when a swedish scientist by the name of Svante Arrhenius claimed to be the first men to discover that fossil fuel combustion may eventually result in enhanced global warming.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Atmosphere]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- Many of the scientists believe that earth is getting hotter, and the average temperature of earth is increasing each year due to the excessive burning of fuels on earth. The idea that the earth’s temperature is increasing is called global warming, and humans are the main cause of it. In spite of this theory, many believe that there is no global warming because the surface temperature has not increased steadily, but documents and researches show that global warming is real, and it is endangering lives of the animals on the earth.... [tags: Global warming, Earth, Greenhouse gas]
1664 words (4.8 pages)
- The effects of global warming have created a danger to the ecosphere. The ecosphere has changed over the time and mostly because we pollute. Some effects of global warming are the climate change in India the Monsoons change over time, the increase of the insect pest over time and also the effects of deaths in the community because of the heat. Most of the time we don’t realize that we are putting the earth in danger until we see them on cartoons, photos and videos on the media. A cartoonist named Patrick Chappette illustrated a cartoon about global warming.... [tags: Global warming, Earth, Carbon dioxide, Affect]
1450 words (4.1 pages)
- Global warming is increasing temperature amongst the Earth where climate change is constantly happening because it is affecting the oceans as well as the natural environments. The Earth is constantly heating up is very detrimental to human beings because chemicals are let off into the universe where the sun rays are trapped beneath the Earth’s surface and in the air. It is a natural recurring process that can lead to erosion and the issue is going unnoticed. As the surface is heating up, places that have a lot of ice can leak into the granite.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Earth, Global warming, Atmosphere]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- One of the most prevalent issues discussed in today’s society is global warming, it has gathered international attention over the past few years due to the increase of temperature throughout the world. Scientists believe that if global warming is not dealt with seriously, within the next few years it may cause excessive glacier melting in which turn would end up flooding cities along coasts, heats and droughts, and crop failure. With these catastrophic consequences it is essential for governments across the world to do their part in ensuring steps are taken to prevent further warming from happening.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Fossil fuel]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- As many people know the presence of man on the planet Earth for hundreds of years has greatly affected the atmosphere and climate of the planet, and usually for the worst. Climate change and pollution has plagued the human race for years. Scientists have confirmed that the climate is indeed getting warmer every year; this is a phenomena known as global warming and it has negative effects on the environment. Pollution which is also increasing because of the demanding needs of humans also has negatively affected the environment.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Global warming, Greenhouse gas]
3008 words (8.6 pages)
- Global warming is a topic that is constantly disregarded because the issue seems to small and irrelevant. However, people do not realize that global warming is time sensitive. Over the last 30 years, there has been an average increase of 1.5 Fahrenheit per year. Global warming has significantly gotten worse often the past years and there seems to be little to no action to prevent global warming. Through the increase in carbon dioxide levels and deforestation, it is evident that global warming is affecting us dramatically, suggesting that if we do not take action soon, we will be unable to live in such living conditions.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Global warming, Fossil fuel]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- Over the years it has been observed that the temperature of the earth has been getting warmer and warmer. Many would simply shrug this off as fluctuation in the weather, but this has been proven to not be the case. This effect is known as global warming, and the effects associated with it is called climate change. Global warming is not simply caused by one thing. Multiple things cause global warming, but there is one main culprit, carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide is a gas used by plants to undergo photosynthesis.... [tags: Carbon dioxide, Global warming, Greenhouse gas]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- The Effects of Global Warming What is global warming, and how is it affecting the Earth and its inhabitants. Global warming is sometimes referred to as the greenhouse effect. The greenhouse effect is the absorption of energy radiated from the Earth's surface by carbon dioxide and other gases in the atmosphere, causing the atmosphere to become warmer. The greenhouse effect is what is causing the temperature on the Earth to rise, and creating many problems that will begin to occur in the coming decades.... [tags: Global Warming Climate Change]
1167 words (3.3 pages)