Essay PreviewMore ↓
The phases Global Warming and Climate Change are used by different people and used differently. Global Warming is used by scientifically people and is usually meant as a bad thing, that the earth is changing for the worse. On the contrary, Climate Change is used by the hoax believes on the most part. They use it in the way that the Earth is experiencing change that is normal because the climate will change year by year.
Every day people who do not have research behind their claims are the ones who think it is a hoax. The average person is unable to collect enough reliable information to tell for sure what is correct or not. They listen to politicians or church groups they believe in, those groups’ people also do not know all the facts. The people who believe in Global Warming are those who are scientists or those who hold very powerful positions through our world. Scientists use evidence to support their argument and to show others why they should believe in it. Credibility, persona and authority all connect with the speaker, known as ethos.
Global Warming applies to everyone who is living in our world. Global Warming is something that doesn’t affect just a certain race or gender it’s everyone. We are all helping it or hurting it whether or not we know it. The people who believe in Global Warming say that everyone has connected emotions to it and is quite relatable for humans. On the other hand, the hoax believes are in denial about all the facts and would rather not believe them. The hoax believes will find it much less relatable than the Global Warming believers.
Logos are the main claim and content of the article. The hoax believes say that the climate is always changing and that the temperature is supposed to move up and down from the normal. Also, the Earth is getting warmer due to coming out of a Little Ice Age and humans thrive more in warmer periods than cold. The earth has warmed less than previously thought due to distortions.
How to Cite this Page
"Global Warming and Climate Change." 123HelpMe.com. 18 Aug 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Global warming and climate change threaten the very existence of mankind; understanding the affects of each and implementing measures to save this planet are of dire urgency. Global warming has become a threat to everything and everyone on Earth. Global warming is caused by many natural and manmade processes that continue to affect our environment. The release of carbon dioxide and methane gases are the two main contributors to climate change. With the warming of the environment almost inevitable now, methane gases are sure to become an even bigger contributor as the planet warms and the ice melts at the poles.... [tags: Global Warming Essays]
2847 words (8.1 pages)
- Global Warming, much of what does or does not happen forty years from now rests on our actions or inactions taken between now and then. The crucial question is whether we should pour all our resources into mitigation – reducing our carbon emissions. According to scientists who study the climate there are other environmental problems; “we now face a global crises in land use and agriculture that could undermine the health, security, and sustainability of our civilization”. Rather than worry too much about emissions, we should accept the world is going to get warmer anyway and adapt to global warming by building better flood defenses and developing drought resistant crops.... [tags: Climate Change Essays]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- Global warming is the increase in the earth’s atmospheric temperature. Naturally occurring gases such as carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, ozone and water vapor trap heat from the sun, preventing it from leaving the atmosphere. These naturally occurring gases along with human made hydro fluorocarbons (HFCs), per fluorocarbons (PFCs), and sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) are collectively known as greenhouse gases. This essay will explain why global warming is fast becoming a cause for concern and why preventative measures are being taken.... [tags: Global Warming Essays]
551 words (1.6 pages)
- The Environmentalists claim the science is settled, and that any actions taken to prove otherwise will be unfruitful. They do this to turn public attention away from the fact that much of their data is purposely taken out of context, manipulated, or made up in order to prove that Manmade Global Warming exists. In fact, there is more evidence showing that the rise in temperatures may be due to solar activity or part of the Earth’s natural climate fluctuations, than to support that it is caused by greenhouse gases generated by humans.... [tags: environment, pollution, global warming]
2347 words (6.7 pages)
- Climate change and Global Warming are out of control. This means that, no matter what policies, processes or actions are implemented, the Earth as we know it will never be the same again. There is significant evidence to support this hypothesis. The dilemma becomes whether we can limit the damage and adapt to a new status quo or not. Rising sea levels and the damage caused by this phenomenon has irreversible impacts on coastlines worldwide. Damage to sensitive reef systems cannot be fixed. This also has permanent impacts of the ecology not just of those immediate areas but also the ocean as a whole.... [tags: reef systems, ecology, season predictibility]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- Global Warming is a very controversial set words known worldwide. Global Warming is “the recent increase in the world's temperature that is believed to be caused by the increase of certain gases (such as carbon dioxide) in the atmosphere. (Merriam-Webster).” We have all heard the term Climate Change and/or Global Warming, but is it actually happening or is it a hoax. The phases Global Warming and Climate Change are used by different people and used differently. Global Warming is used by scientifically people and is usually meant as a bad thing, that the earth is changing for the worse.... [tags: environmental concerns]
629 words (1.8 pages)
- Global Warming is a very controversial set words known worldwide. Global Warming is “the recent increase in the world's temperature that is believed to be caused by the increase of certain gases (such as carbon dioxide) in the atmosphere. (Merriam-Webster).” We have all heard the term Climate Change and/or Global Warming, but is it actually happening or is it a hoax. The phrases Global Warming and Climate Change are used by different people and used differently. Global Warming is used by scientifically people and is usually meant as a bad thing, that the earth is changing for the worse.... [tags: gases, atmosphere, normal]
1625 words (4.6 pages)
- Global warming is a great treat for our planet and its nature. It gradually wipes out everything which exists on the earth’s surface. In recent years, global warming and climate change have become one of the biggest topics, which rise concerns among people. Global warming is an increase in average surface temperature of the earth. It has several negative impacts on the environment and on its inhabitants. Many factors can cause global warming, but the significant one is greenhouse gases. Greenhouse gases have negative effects on climate and cause melting of polar ice caps, acid rain, and ozone layer destruction.... [tags: chemical gases, flooding, high tides]
776 words (2.2 pages)
- CO2 and greenhouse gas emissions are at an all-time high. In May 2013, the levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere exceeded 400 parts per million. This is “approaching the halfway mark between preindustrial amounts and a doubling of those levels” (Washington Post J). This is a very large increase in the amount of CO2 in our atmosphere over a short period of time. One might ask what consequence could come of having such a large volume of CO2 floating around our atmosphere. The Union of Concerned Scientists says that CO2 is considered a greenhouse gas.... [tags: CO2, Greenhouse Gases, Carbon Dioxide]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- I believe the world is being faced with a serious issue of global climate change due to the greenhouse effect. The greenhouse effect is a naturally occurring process in the Earth's atmosphere that warms the planet. Without the greenhouse effect, on average, the Earth's surface would be about 60oF colder. The greenhouse effect occurs when visible light from the sun passes through the atmosphere and is absorbed by the Earth's surface. Some of that energy is then sent back to the atmosphere as heat.... [tags: Global Warming Essays]
1099 words (3.1 pages)
Global Warming has been going on for hundreds of years and has never really gone away. While it has always been around it is recently starting to be much more talked about due to more scientific findings. Scientists are finding many more facts and studies of climate change in the last few years. They seem to believe that the Earth started to hurt during the Industrial Revolution. They think that is true because they have been digging up much more fossil fuels than they ever have causing more Carbon to be emitted into the atmosphere (Carter). The non-believers have argued the argue side every since the start around 1975 even if they do not have facts to back them up.
Climate Change and Global Warming follow the same concept but can be used in many different ways depending who is using them and why they are using them. Global Warming is known throughout the world and impacts everyone. Whether or not you believe it just keep in mind what is good for the Earth.