“Older people consistently identify sufficient income, good health and the ability to participate in society as central to their wellbeing” (Global AgeWatch Index 2015 Insight report, p. 26). The main methodology of the index is the collection of international data sources in 13 indicators. There are four domains to measure older people’s Income security, which are Pension income coverage, Poverty rate in old age, Relative welfare of older people and GDP per capita. Financial status is a critical factor of assessing the quality of life and pension system plays an essential role in the income of older people. Therefore, the Pension coverage and Poverty rate in old age are used in this index to indicate the economic situation of older people in one country. Meanwhile, t...
... middle of paper ...
...on for the health of the older people. Lonely old people become less socially active, reduce the communication with friends and reduce the concern of the society. Meanwhile, loneliness leads unresponsive among older people, for example lonely older people may response slowly to their healthy problem. In the domain of Health, Life expectancy at 60 and Healthy life expectancy at 60 focus on the health level of countries, and Relative psychological/mental wellbeing is about how meaningful the old people think their lives are. The domain need the indicator of loneliness to measure how many older people are in a dangerous mental unhealthy situation. If there is a high proportion of older people who feel lonely in one country, the country might have problems in offering a good policy of older people’s wellbeing. The data can be collected by questionnaire or interviewing.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- September 16, 2016 Production/Operations Management Project 2 The American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) is an economic guide that measures how satisfied customers are with individual firms and industries; with the quality of the products and the services available to them. It is a cause and effect approach to customer satisfaction. The private company is based in Ann Arbor, Michigan. It was formed in 1994 and was developed after the Swedish Customer Satisfaction Barometer (SCSB). In 2010, the public was permitted to access the information they had gathered.... [tags: Customer service, Customer, Index]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- Psychological stress and obesity XiaJing(gillian) Obesity is a global issue that happened in the most countries around the world, and it has been rising dramatically over the last several decades. A common method of measuring obesity or overweight people uses the body mass index (BMI). Generally, BMI between 25 and 29.9kg/m2 can be defined overweight, and obesity usually considered as BMI over or equal to 30kg/m2. For Asian and Pacific Island populations, the points of BMI would be cut off to overweight in 23.0 kg/m2 and obesity in 25.0 kg/m2 (Caveney et al., 2011).... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Body mass index, Body shape]
1066 words (3 pages)
- ... By focusing on improving the education, health and skills of people, it enables people to participate in the economy because there is a more equitable distribution of income and assets, which results in a growth process as well as a share of benefits, particularly through employment. Basically, if a country has already built up considerable human capital then by choosing the correct policies and frameworks that allow the exploitation of these capabilities, room for progress is created. Income is influx, consumption that at the end of a period will leave an individual with the same amount goods as from the beginning of that particular period, with expectations of future goods.... [tags: society, economic, income, index]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- Personal finance and investing is just that: it's personal. From the day the first shares are bought, for the individual who surmises it's undertaking, the decisions made today will have everlasting impacts on not only the distant future of the investor but the investor's family for generations to come. Combine this with current uncertainty in the stock markets, housing markets and economy and you have effectively driven a wedge between the investor, his income and his family at large. Statistics abound in reference to how poorly managed the majority of American's finances are and it's no wonder with the abundance of securities that are available in today's markets.... [tags: Finance]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- In this article by Eric Morath, Morath elaborates on the reasons why the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose just 1% over the month of March. To be able to have an accurate analysis, there must first be an explanation on the definition of CPI and its role in contributing to the state of the economy. Consumer Price Index is, in essence, a “bucket of goods” that is tracked to help determine how much prices of these goods rise or fall overtime. This gives a representative view of how strong or weak the economy is, and is also a measurement of inflation.... [tags: Monetary policy, Inflation, Central bank]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) The consumer price index is a measurement of the changes in price levels of the market basket for consumables in terms of services and goods purchased by households. It is a statistical estimate that is constructed with the use of sample prices of representative goods or services collected periodically. CPI is the benchmark guide for inflation used by economists to make adjustments on cost of living. As the main GDP indicator, CPI determines the fluctuations in the interest rates which are determined by its stability.... [tags: Inflation, Macroeconomics, Economics]
1097 words (3.1 pages)
- The Producer Price Index (PPI) measures the changing rate in prices of products sold as they leave the producer. Usually, PPI will facilitate forecasting measures of average movements of prices which received by the producers of different supplies. In the United States, PPI is positioned at a current level of 110.30, which is unchanged from 110.30 last month measures. This measure represents that a monthly annualized growth rate is about 0.00% when compared to an average annualized growth rate of 1.43% in long-run.... [tags: Unemployment, Monetary policy, Inflation]
856 words (2.4 pages)
- Detailed Results of the Assessment Tools 1. The Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index (PSQI) Based on the result of the PSQI, Ms. R. experiences high quality and good pattern of sleep. Overall, she scored 2 in the PSQI Global Index. Of the seven components in the sleep assessment tool, she scored zero (0) in five areas, and rated two areas with one’s. (1). In component #5, she rated letter (e) with a three (3), which she further explained that snoring is a regular occurrence. The other two areas in component #5 that were rated with one’s (1’s) were letters (a) and (b): waking up in the middle of the night or early morning and feeling too hot.... [tags: Sleep, Insomnia, Sleep disorder, Pain]
2280 words (6.5 pages)
- Current Status Report In Myanmar, originally know as Burma, the current overall HDI (Human Development Index) for this year is .483 (UNDP 2011). Out of the three factors of human development, Health stands as the highest factor in Myanmar, the lowest of the three being Income. For the past 30 years, Myanmar's HDI trend has been steadily rising between 1980 and 2010. Despite the slight drop in 1990, placing the country below the line of Low Human Development, the trend picks back up five years later.... [tags: International Government ]
1332 words (3.8 pages)
- Global Warming First discovered at the turn of the century by the Swedish scientist Arrhenius, global warming was initially thought to only cause increased greenhouse gases from coal combustion emissions. It wasn’t until fifty years later that the real causes and effects of global warming would be discovered. A British scientist by the name of Calendar correlated the 10% increase of atmospheric Carbon Dioxide between 1850 and 1940 with the observed warming of northern Europe and North America, which began in the 1880's.... [tags: Environmental Global Climate Change]
1378 words (3.9 pages)
- A Positive Relationship Between New Media And Young Media
- Implementing Security Protocols Have Not Been Enforced By Itrust Officials
- Retail Profiling Is A Form Of Racism Or Stereotyping?
- How The Panda Will Be Affected By Its Recent Removal From The Red List
- Death Of The Night By Emily Dickinson
- Barack Bush 's Speech By Barack Obama