I can personally relate this song to my past relationship with a guy of 2 years. We had many rough patches while we were together. There were things in the relationship that I can never erase; yet I feel as though I will never fully let him go. He's still trying so hard to get me back and I'm taking advantage of it. I get many mixed emotions about him and the thought of starting up the relationship again. The hardest part is that he's the only person I truly feel I can completely be myself around. Yet, I fear that it will start right back where it ended. All he wants to be is my giving tree and make me happy.
Just like in the song, I find myself trying to move on, but I end up feeling hollow and crawling back to him. I know my fear and mixed emotions are draining him of everything he has. This song hits home for me in so many ways and makes me feel horrible. I don't purposely want to cause pain to anyone, especially not to someone I care about. He is so certain about what he wants, but our past is holding me back from knowing what I want. I do...
... middle of paper ...
...eturn. I relate to this song from a past relationship where I gave little to nothing back in return. This song is an inspiration to me, and I love the story behind the story. Tim had two inspirations in writing this song, from the book itself and a past relationship of his own. Tim Lopez and his band The Plain White T’s have produced many albums, and they’re an astounding band. Every one of all ages and genders can relate to this song.
""The Giving Tree" Lyrics." PLAIN WHITE T'S LYRICS. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Apr. 2014.
Gomez, Luis. "Plain White T's Song Inspired by Classic Children's Book. Chicago Tribune. N.p., 06 Nov. 2013. Web. 07 Apr. 2014.
"Novel Summary." Novel Summary. N.p., 27 Nov. 2012. Web. 08 Apr. 2014.
Sterling, Scott T. “Plain White T’s Make Like ‘The Giving Tree’ in New Music Video.” Radiocom. N.p., 23 Oct. 2013. Web. 09 Apr. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In this poem, the emotions of a father for a son are expressed. The poet has expressed his views and love for his son. There are various ways of expression of love. In the current case, the emotions of father are shown as if son is, independent and father can pray for his child. The father is guiding his son to live his life. His message carries a lot of love and affection. A father wants his son to enjoy colors of life. On the other hand, father is guiding about the aging principle. Father informs son that eventual end of life is death and a person must live his life, as he wants to live.... [tags: peter mainke, love, fatherhood, son]
678 words (1.9 pages)
- George Lopez was born on April 23rd in the year of 1961 in the Mission, Hills of Los Angeles, California. His father who was Anataso was a migrant worker who left his wife, Frieda for a different lifestyle. After Lopez was born, Frieda and George Moved in with his mom’s parents who tried to raise Lopez In her hometown of California. When George was a young kid his mother explained to him that his father had died. Even though, the real truth was that he was in fact alive but wanted nothing to do with his son who he had with his ex-wife.... [tags: Comedy, Stand-up comedy, George Lopez]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Parental love is one of the most dominant and consistent expressions of love throughout Away, conveyed through contrasting manners between the three families. Gwen’s parenting approach towards Meg is rigid. Consequently, her expression of love is bitter. Alternatively, Tom’s parents shower him in adoration and compassion, despite their unfortunate circumstances. Similar circumstances previously faced by Coral left her brokenhearted and grief stricken. Her captivating struggle through the loss of her son draws a lot of attention in the story, thus overshadowing her husband Roy’s hurt and sorrow.... [tags: Love, Family, Sentence, Son]
1283 words (3.7 pages)
- The Silent Nature of Barry Lopez In southern California, below Interstate 8 and west along the Mexican border, in the middle of the desert just beyond an arroyo, rests an ancient intaglio, a horse carved out of stone ("Horse" 401). If by chance you were to come across such a natural relic, perhaps you would first take a picture. Perhaps you would initially approach to get a closer look. Perhaps you would immediately run your fingers over the coarse, intricate indentations of the nose, the ears, the hooves.... [tags: Barry Lopez Essays]
2462 words (7 pages)
- I have chosen “The Parable of the Prodigal Son” from Luke 15:11-32. With some research I found that there are meanings and representations behind some of the character in this section. For example the Prodigal Son represents the Gentiles who were at the time non- Jews. The father represents God. This can be seen by how he reaches out to all this includes those who repent and people of different race. The older brother was jealous and represented the Jews of this time. This can be seen when the brother returns.... [tags: Family, Parent, Son, Parables of Jesus]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’” Luke 15: 31-32. The parable of the Lost Son has truly allowed me to come home this past summer. I had been wandering away from my faith, but I am back, I have come home to the Father. When I was ten years old, my favorite aunt, Aunt Cindy, died of colon cancer. She was only 42. I knew God had a plan that I would never understand, yet I became angry with Him.... [tags: God, Monotheism, Parable of the Prodigal Son]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- A Marxist Reading of Native Son In the Communist Manifesto Karl Marx states clearly that history is a series of class struggles over the means of production. Whoever controls the means of production also controls society and is able to force their set of ideas and beliefs onto the lower class. The present dominant class ideology is, as it has been since the writing of the United States Constitution, the ideology of the upper-class, Anglo-Saxon male. Obviously, when the framers spoke of equality for all, they meant for all land-owning white men.... [tags: Native Son Essays]
4812 words (13.7 pages)
- A Son's Love for His Father A son’s love for his father is sometimes not acknowledged until he is an adult. Children often become so wrapped up in their own tasks and obligations that they take for granted the simple acts of loving support given to them by their parents. And parents sometimes feel scared that obvious signs of love and emotion will scare off a child, so they just do all they can to make the child’s life run smoothly and try to fade into the background when it comes to tender moments.... [tags: Papers]
385 words (1.1 pages)
- The television show, George Lopez, is a series in which Latinos make up the entire cast of the family. It takes place in the present day Los Angeles and focuses on a family and their daily lifestyle. This is one of two television shows that are directed to the English speaking population that has the Latino minority as the main ethnicity of the cast. Only 4% of Hispanics make up the cast of prime-time television shows, a miniscule amount considering that Hispanic-Americans are the largest minority group in the US.... [tags: Media Television TV]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- Jennifer Lopez Jennifer Lynn Lopez was born July 24, 1970 in Castle Hill, Bronx. She is the daughter of Guadalupe and David Lopez. Lopez has been able overcome the Spanish stereotypes becoming the highest paid Latin woman in the world. Every time she appears on magazine covers, presents on the Oscars, makes movies and music she is breaking down barriers and showing that every woman, no matter what race, can do this. The place where Jennifer grow up was a Spanish area, with people, food, and music Her grandparents taught her all about her roots.... [tags: Art]
1384 words (4 pages)