“I got you extra chocolate chips. Food n’ Stuff had a special.”
Really, while the molestation of my ears is almost pleasing, you are not the person, and now is not the time.
“ Oh thank you Elliot! Looks like some celebration chocolate chip cookies are in order. If you stick around you may get a taste.”
“ I would love to Mrs. Lin but I got a game of soccer scheduled.”
You give me no choice Private. Evasive maneuver squirm in effect.
“ Then you better get outside, losing sunlight these days.”
Finally Private loosens his inappropriately timed show of affection. Walking past Lieutenant Lin I press my tail to her leg to let her know I have recovered fully.
Once in the window room I make my way to the best place for viewing the despicable and personally despised squirrels. I see from the corner of my eye Private running to join another small warrior in a game of chasing ball. I was always more fond of the solitary game of yarn on my personal time. Running behind him is a flash of the monster; blurred gray. Damn squirrels have been there since I got here back in 0’9.
I would have continued my scouting if not for the dinging sound from the food room. I join Lieutenant Lin who is moving various things around. I leap to a gray furnished stool.
The thing about furnishing stools is how comfortable they are, and how the room was slightly warm and smelled strong of whatever Lieutenant Lin was making, and how I had already been awake for an hour. Sleep was necessary and unavoidable.
After a nap I went though the movements. Stretch, yawn, and look around. Unidentified objects spotted.
Lieutenant Lin what is this?
“Oh stop your noise dinner is not for an hour.”
I will investigate if y...
... middle of paper ...
...at could cause these problems. It was gray, small, and with a ridiculous tail. I have to avenge the loss of Lieutenant Lin, get ready troops because I am no longer playing.
The strange people moved more things, but my mind was racing to create a plan of equally awful retaliation. If I had not been so preoccupied I might have been able to get away. Before I could resist Private had me in the carrier. Again.
Insult to injury I seemed to be defeated. Inside I was tossed about out of my home. At my lowest moment I snapped. The noise of my claws against plastic and metal rang in my ears, my howling filling my heart with sorrow. Private clearly disturbed by horrible defeated pries opened my chains. I run. I run and the air is cold and I am scared.
Private, where is Lieutenant Lin?
“Gingerbread you have to go with me now.”
I have to go with Private now.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Puppy and the Calf Kivah sunk back into her big-kids seat, petting her baby poodle Buttercup for comfort. She closed her eyes tightly, as if though she was invisible to her father who was driving. Opening her eyes she looked up into the rare-view mirror, where her eyes and her dad’s eyes met. “What’s the matter honey?” Her father asked. With teary eyes she replied, “I don’t want to stay with grandma and grandpa on the ranch. I want to be home with you and mommy, PLEASE!” “Oh baby. I promise you, you will have fun on the ranch.... [tags: eyes, country, calf, body]
836 words (2.4 pages)
- Gingerbread houses are very creative and decorative. Although they may be creative and decorative they have been around longer than one person would think. Ginger bread houses have been around since medieval times. From what sources tell us gingerbread houses have been through 3 major phases. It began in medieval times. Gingerbread houses was then modernized around the 19th century. Finally, its modern usage from the 20th century on to today. (Ultimate Gingerbread, 2013) Also how we shape Gingerbread today and what kind of tools we use to build a gingerbread house and how they are put in competition.... [tags: Gingerbread Houses, Decorative, Tradition]
1057 words (3 pages)
- The short story novelist, Kate Chopin, enlightens her readers about the reality of many married women during the 1800s. Chopin 's story revolves around Mrs.Mallard who drastically loses her husband in an accident. Throughout the story, Chopin expresses the various emotional changes that her character Mrs.Mallard undergoes. Initially a humble housewife, Mrs. Mallard evolves into a confident women when exposed to freedom. Kate Chopin launches her short story by introducing the main character, Mrs.... [tags: Marriage, Short story, Husband, Wife]
1180 words (3.4 pages)
- Short Stories What is a short story. A short story is a fictional piece of writing that can range from 1,000 to 20,000 words. Unlike a novel, he reader should be able to read a short story within a short amount of time. Because the length of a short story is shorter than a novel, it usually has one main character (minor characters can be added in limited amounts) and focuses on one plot, setting, and central theme. Why do we write short stories. The answer is simple, they’re practice. Almost all of the best writers started out writing short stories.... [tags: Short story, Fiction, Character, Essay]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- Short Story Re Do writing quiz Theme and stereotype Thesis statement The short story the Test and the frill both deal with the theme of how by human human being have predictive and stereotype other individuals and groups that is based on ignorance and limited educational experience . The driving instructor in the short story the Test is a stereotype of typical old fashioned Archie Bunker who is stubborn in his old fashioned views on race and sex . who has a old fashioned attitudes . The driving instructor is a stereotype of a white man who believes that whites are more educated and knowledgeable than African Americans .... [tags: Short story, Fiction, Human, Guy de Maupassant]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- Critical Analysis of Short Story “A &P” In the short story “A & P” by John Updike, the main character Sammy shows a sense of growth from the story’s opening to its conclusion. This certain change in him started taking place after the visit from the three girls, where he starts to ponder the future of his life. Sammy develops as a more prominent character both by the voice and the mood of the story, suggesting his vast change from rather flat to someone with more personal features and attributes.... [tags: Short story, John Updike, John Cheever]
1269 words (3.6 pages)
- In the short story “Girl” by Jamaica Kincaid is a story that everyone can related to. The story is about a mother telling her daughter what to do, what not to do and how to do things. Kind of like society or parents or a friends of what to do. There has also been always been expectations of what to do and how to do things in life regards of gender, nationality or religion. The male has he’s duties and the female has different duties. However, in the typical society today, a person is supposed to graduate from high school and go straight in to an Ivy League university, to get a degree in a field of study that makes lot of money.... [tags: Short story, Tell, Family, Marriage]
1060 words (3 pages)
- The definition of a short story is a fully developed story that is a lot less (in length) than a novel. The short story written by Flannery O’Connor called “A Good Man Is Hard To Find” is exactly just that. This story packs a world of meaning, symbolism, and foreshadowing all in a mere 12 pages. In this short story The Grandmother is the antagonist and uses her ways of manipulation and selfishness to get what she desires. Not everything goes her way and ends in a series of tragic events. The first sentence of this story sets the mood when The Grandmother states that she does not want to go to Florida (O’Connor 1).... [tags: Short story, Family, Fiction, William Faulkner]
1191 words (3.4 pages)
- The Signalman was first published in the Mugby Junction Christmas Edition book in eighteen sixty six. The Clayton Tunnel Crash in eighteen sixty one is believed to have inspired Dickens to write the short story the Signalman. During the time that Dickens was writing the Victorians had a fixation with the paranormal also there were many technological advances one of them being the steam train. The Signalman has two main characters in it, one is the narrator who speaks in first person, and the other is the Signalman.... [tags: Short Story Analysis]
506 words (1.4 pages)
- Synopsis On an afternoon, in the quarters of the sakadas, Mang Sixto is playing a guitar with the chords of an emotional song, "Walay Angay", while her daughter, is playing outside the quarters. They were indifferent of each other for a while, but there is a sudden change in the mood of the two. The daughter of Mang Sixto finally notices the chords that her father was playing and along with the music is her father's very emotional presence. They were then engaged in a sudden conversation. The daughter interrogated her father of the about the sad song he was playing along with his guitars.... [tags: Short Story]
1037 words (3 pages)