A ghost is a soul that appears as a dead person or is against a living person. Most people still believe in ghosts even though they have not seen one. The first sightings of ghosts date back to 856 A.D (Stories, 2014). Ghosts mostly make loud noises and disturbances to let people know that they are in the midst. In the first century A.D., the great Roman author and statesman Pliny the Younger recorded one of the first seen ghost stories in his letters, which became noticeable for their bright story of life during the peak of the Roman Empire. The world around us has become more technical with the findings and history of ghosts not cited correctly (Stories, 2014)). The place ghosts come from or occupy varies depending on their spiritual abilities. Ghosts feel more comfortable in a place that is unrestrained and enables them to move freely (Zamora, 2014).
Lori Ann Alvarez said she was fiv...
... middle of paper ...
...to see her. She also should have been able to pick her out from anybody because she knew exactly what the elderly women had on. One was honest with telling the evidence in this account.
Alvarez, L. A. (2006, August 9). Ghost Encounters. Retrieved from Your ghost Stories: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=3
Clarke, S. (2013). http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org. Retrieved from Where do ghosts come from?
Stories, H. g. (2014). http://www.history.com/topics/halloween/historical-ghost-stories. Retrieved from History of Ghosts.
Teresi, S. (2000). The Current State of Parapsychology Research. Retrieved from teresi.us: http://www.teresi.us/html/writing/psi.html#history
Zamora, A. (2014). Scienitfic Psychic. Retrieved from Ghosts and Spirits in Folklore and Religion: http://www.scientificpsychic.com/esp/ghosts-spirits.html
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Paranormal activity better known as parapsychology is a non-fictional idea. Parapsychology is the scientific study of interactions between living organisms and their external environment that seem to transcend the known physical laws of nature. (Teresi, 2000) The Society of Psychical Research was established in London in 1882 (Teresi, 2000). Major parapsychological studies had not begun appearing in mainstream scientific journals until the sixties and early seventies (Teresi, 2000).“Furthermore, groups such as the Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal (CSICOP) which publishes the Skeptical Inquirer and the James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) have been f... [tags: parapsychology, stories of the supernatural]
1494 words (4.3 pages)
- Ghost Stories The storyteller is 19 years old and attends Chesapeake College, and is transferring this fall to Salisbury University to become a nurse. Her mother works at a local Baptist church as a secretary/receptionist and her father is a mechanic, but will soon be retired. [The storyteller claims to have seen] these ghosts, and the story she told is about what they look like, their actions, their backgrounds, and how it has affected her. She told me four mini-stories: one about a young girl, one about a young boy, one about a middle-aged man, and one about an elderly man.... [tags: Urban Legends Ghost Story]
1713 words (4.9 pages)
- Ghost Sighting Elements of the supernatural have long enhanced the folklore of many cultures. Stories of ghosts, magic, and so-called aliens are transferred from generation to generation, sparking our imagination and uncovering our deepest fears. While some stories are clearly fabulous, others are believed by those who tell them. The story I wish to report is of the latter kind: an experience that generated real fear in the teller. Although the story is completely original, it contains ideas reflected in much other folklore, including similar tales from similar locations.... [tags: Urban Legends Ghost Stories]
1285 words (3.7 pages)
- The Cloudcroft Ghost Cloudcroft, New Mexico, meaning a "clearing in the clouds", is a small mountain town located to the east of Alamogordo, NM ("Cloudcroft"). The town's history is intimately tied to the building of the Alamogordo and Sacramento Mountain Railway that allowed the town to be permanently settled in the late 1800s, and to the logging business that made the town and railroad successful for half a century ("Investigation… Lodge"). As with many frontier towns, Cloudcroft has a number of legends that document the unique and violent events in its history, and also a fair number of ghosts that haunt its historic sites.... [tags: Ghost Stories Urban Legends]
1663 words (4.8 pages)
- When most people think of paranormal activity they instantly think of ghosts, spirits, or even demons. Paranormal activity is more than that. Paranormal is when something is beyond normal and activity is the state of being active. Some people like to say it’s their imagination, but me personally, I think it is much more than that. Paranormal is used to describe something unordinary that lack a scientific explanation (Cha Cha Inc., 2006). (McGuire, 2010) stated that supernatural or paranormal events which occur when people are not seeking them out can be very difficult and frightening.... [tags: paranormal activity, parapsychology, supernatural]
1409 words (4 pages)
- There are many theories as to how someone or something becomes a ghost. This is called Paranormal which means beyond normal and scientific name is parapsychology, which means study of interactions between living organisms and their external environment that seem to transcend the known physical laws of nature (Britannica, 147). In 1920, Dr. William McDougall was the first scientific psychical who research about Paranormal Activity (Stefanik, 2000). According to Stefanik, Paranormal experiences often seem weird, uncanny, or unnatural.... [tags: paranormal activity, supernatural]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction Paranormal activity is of or pertaining to the claimed occurrence of an event or perception without scientific explanation. The people who study the paranormal are called Parapsychologists. Parapsychology is a component of the broader study of consciousness and the mind (Watkins, 2009).Paranormal is mostly associated with ghosts. A ghost is an apparition of a person that is deceased (Southern Ohio Appariton Researchers, 2014). Paranormal activity is anything that is not human like. UFOs are defined as unidentified flying objects (Hynek, 1997).... [tags: paranormal activity, supernatural]
1453 words (4.2 pages)
- In Chimera, Gerald Callahan attempts to explain the paranormal sightings of his dead wife. For readers who cannot rely on faith alone, Callahan presents a scientific theory that might help us understand how we could be sensing the presence of those we love even after they have passed on. He proposes that once we become intertwined with someone here on earth they can never leave us, even when their humanly bodies have been buried long ago. He calls this phenomenon “phantom memory,” from which we can see or feel the ghosts of lost loves.... [tags: 2007 singles, English-language films]
1901 words (5.4 pages)
- Paranormal Sightings Should paranormal sightings of ghosts be taken seriously. Paranormal sightings should be taken into consideration because there could be other things among us, besides humans in this world. Also if ghosts think you are harming them, they could actually appear right under you. Furthermore ghosts can appear in different shapes and sizes. For instance ufos should also be taken seriously because they appear in the sky. Ghosts also like to play tricks on the human mind. When a person dies there spirit can get stuck in the middle of the universe.... [tags: Papers]
598 words (1.7 pages)
- The New Jersey Devil The Legend of the Jersey Devil is the most prominent legend that is told to citizens of New Jersey; it is mainly told to elementary school aged children. There are a variety of settings that the story has; however, the most common location that is used when retelling the tale is Leeds Point, NJ, which is in the Pine Barrens region of the state. This tale of the Jersey Devil recounts the existence of a supernatural creature that is said to have terrorized the New Jersey Pine Barrens and surrounding areas for the last 260 years.... [tags: Ghost Stories Urban Legends]
1104 words (3.2 pages)