The goal for any person going into college whether they are coming out of high school or the person who is going back to school later in life is obtaining a college degree. For every person going to college there are different reasons for their choice to get that degree such as, wanting a better life for themselves and their families or they simply just want to enjoy the college atmosphere and the four to six years that they attend. Being able to obtain a degree from a college or university, attracts those who want to get out of the situation that they are in by getting the diploma. The challenges of getting the degree are conquered by the determination of the people going out and getting them.
Those coming from deprived upbringings or rough home lives yearn to have a better life for themselves. Going to college from the rough childhood or even adulthood gives the person hope of getting out of the situation that they are currently in. Drugs and violence are a factor of people fleeing their homes and communities to end up on college campuses or find a way to take ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Getting a degree The goal for any person going into college whether they are coming out of high school or the person who is going back to school later in life is obtaining a college degree. For every person going to college there are different reasons for their choice to get that degree such as, wanting a better life for themselves and their families or they simply just want to enjoy the college atmosphere and the four to six years that they attend. Being able to obtain a degree from a college or university, attracts those who want to get out of the situation that they are in by getting the diploma.... [tags: University, Academic degree, Bachelor's degree]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Going to college and getting a degree is a very important factor in succeeding in the 21st century competitive world. Nonetheless, many people do not go to college because of how expensive col-lege has become and the fear of being in debt. Sometimes college does not work out for every-one. President Barack Obama has proposed a plan to make the first two years of community col-lege free to encourage people to go to college, get a degree, and make the United States the most educated country or at least catch up to the rest of the countries like Russia and Canada.... [tags: Higher education, College, Community college]
1354 words (3.9 pages)
- There are many different kinds of obstacles college students face on the road to getting their degree. Sometimes these obstacles can be worked around, while other times these hurdles seem so large that students drop out. My life as a college student might harder than the typical student straight out of high school but, I’m determined to get my college degree. I have found one of my biggest obstacles with staying on track has been the fact that I have been out of school for the past twenty years and out of the routine of learning in a school setting.... [tags: High school, University, Education]
714 words (2 pages)
- My future plans include graduating high school, going to college and getting a master’s degree in Nursing. The career I chose is Nurse Practitioner also known as Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN). To my knowledge Nurse Practitioner includes checking up on patients, prescribing medication, order treatments, and informing patients. The workplace would be fast paced and fast decisions have to made. You are entrusted daily with the lives of patients and can range from situations such as flu to more complicated like providing care to patients in the extensive care unit.... [tags: Nursing, Nursing specialties, Registered nurse]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- How Important Is Getting a College Education. School is a process that takes time and a lot of dedication. When we finish high school we have to choose to go to college or not. Most people go to college without knowing what they want to do. The only thing we know is that we want a degree of some sort. Getting a college degree should be essential to everybody because without one you won’t be successful in life. There is a lot of people perhaps famous that didn’t attend college and they were successful.... [tags: Academic degree, Higher education, University]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- I have had a dream since I was five-years old to come to America and get my degree. After finishing high school, I came to America with big hopes and high expectations. I was very excited and thought that everything in my life was going to change. Everything was a lot of fun at first. The new environment, the different language, the school, and the teachers made me feel wonderful. Slowly things got worse, the happy feelings started to turn into discomfort. The different educational system made me feel nervous.... [tags: immigration, college degrees, ]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Is College Degree Worth It A lot of people have questioned whether a college degree worth it or not. There is no single answer. It depends on what type of work are you going to do for the rest of your life. My thesis is that because of the number of ways you can live your life there are some advantages and disadvantages of a college degree. Advantages What are the reasons to go to college. According to Pham 2016, some people can say that they are going to college to get a good education; some people can say to learn about themselves; and some are going to college to get a good job after graduation.... [tags: Academic degree, Bachelor's degree]
915 words (2.6 pages)
- A college degree is one of the best educations that a person can get. It not only develops your mind, but it helps to develop you as a person as well. No matter what kind of degree you receive, whether it be a bachelors, associates, or masters you are more likely to get a better job than without it or with just a high school diploma. Workers with a college degree will earn much more and are much less likely to be unemployed than those with only a high school diploma. This paper will argue that with a college degree you are more likely to get a higher paying job than without a degree.... [tags: Academic degree, Higher education]
1524 words (4.4 pages)
- The main reason we all go to college is to obtain a college degree and continue with our lives doing what we love. In today’s society it is basically a necessity to have a degree or you basically cant do anything successful with your life. A degree is showing that you know the material that you majored in and are certified in that field. If you sacrificed all these years of your life and put hard work in school I believe that once you obtain a college degree in whatever you decide to major in, it should guarantee you a job in that field of study.... [tags: Education, Higher education, Academic degree]
845 words (2.4 pages)
- Getting a higher education in the twenty-first century seems like a normal thing to do after graduating high school. In reality a little more the thirty percent of the US does not end up going to college (Norris, Floyd). In most cases the purpose of going to college is to get a degree related to the field of work that one wants to pursue as a career. The majority of people who go to receive a higher education tend to have the same goal. One of the downfalls to a higher education is that it can be expensive, and that can turn some people away.... [tags: Higher education, High school, College]
893 words (2.6 pages)