The show-line is the Genetic line of GSD that was evolved from the working line,but is much different now. They are always red and black, they have a extreme sloped back. Their hind legs do not walk right, some of the show dogs can’t even make a 90º turn without falling over. They are bred based soley on their looks and their owners fake Scutzhund titles. They are typically lazy and lack drive, b...
... middle of paper ...
... guard dogs, etc. He knew the breed could do everything their owner put them out to do. He once said “Utility is the true criterion of beauty.” He said this because he predicted the breed would be misinterpreted. He was paranoid of the inevitable. He knew that over time humanity would ruin his perfect breed unknowingly. If Stephanitz was alive today he wouldn’t be because he’d probably shoot himself after he saw what happened to the breed.
The German Shepherd is a dying breed, not because it is losing popularity but because the breed’s origin is being lost. One day the breed will never consist of dogs that closely relate to the original GSD because of ignorant people, the show line, and lack of working line attractiveness to people. Imagine one day where the police cannot even use the GSD because they are too unhealthy, they lack drive, and they are scaredy cats.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Eight girls are standing in line at a movie theater. All smiling in a carefree manner that could be expected of any all American teenage girl. However, statistics say that two of these girls bare scars on their bodies that our society would deem, “self-inflicted”. The truth of the matter is, these two girls are wounded by the immense weight of our cultures requirements for beauty. Requirements that can potentially be explained by science, but neither the way in which our society allows itself to be controlled by such mundane fancies nor the effect on the people it oppresses is by any means justified.... [tags: Beauty]
1049 words (3 pages)
- ... In Aschenbach’s eyes Tadzio is “a precious artifact of human nature” who reveals true beauty to him (25). Aschenbach has trudged through his life with hard work. He misses out on the simplicity of beauty in his childhood, but Tadzio embodies “the figure of the adolescent” (25). This vision of beauty leads Aschenbach into a life he has never had. It leads him to crave the simplicity of beauty rather than to continue his endless life of work. Aschenbach breaks away from his normal view to see the basics in life and he is left “in bliss” (25).... [tags: world, trap, true, beauty]
618 words (1.8 pages)
- Synthesis Essay #2 The definition of beauty is a characteristic of a person, animal, place, object, or idea that provides a perceptual experience of pleasure, meaning, or satisfaction. Beauty has negative and positive influences on mostly people. Beauty is described by the inside and outside of us. Due to beauty, our self-esteem has been hurt dramatically, especially towards girls. Beauty is not always about our outside looks but it’s about our inside personality also. First of all, beauty has negative and positive influences on about everything.... [tags: Beauty]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- Many people will say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, however if you look back through history it is apparent that beauty is in the eye of society. Just like fashion, the image of a “beautiful woman” has varied with culture and time. What was considered attractive in Elizabethan Europe was pale, blonde, and curvy whereas today in America it’s tan, blonde, and thin. Women have put themselves through misery attempting to change their bodies and their features to match what society is calling beautiful.... [tags: Beauty Essays]
2364 words (6.8 pages)
- There are so many different opinions on what beauty is. The idea of beauty is purely opinionated. Beauty is your own idea, skinny or thick, long hair or short hair, light skin or dark skin. How people define beauty is unique in many different ways everyone has a different opinion. No ones idea of beauty is the same. In society today it has become more materialistic based if you wear the latest designer or you have the newest pair of sneakers out and the true meaning of being beautiful has escaped our souls.... [tags: Beauty, Aesthetics, Human physical appearance]
1849 words (5.3 pages)
- There are many different types of beauty pageants in today’s society, but a child beauty pageant consist of modeling sportswear, evening attire, dance and talent. The children are judged based on individuality in looks, capability, poise, perfection and confidence. As the judges call it, "the complete package". There are two main types of beauty pageant the natural pageant and the glitz pageant. Glitz pageants are the "glamour" pageants where girls are dressed in high fashion, evening gowns and swimsuit.... [tags: Beauty contest, Child beauty pageant, Beauty]
1743 words (5 pages)
- What is beauty. What are the qualities that are included in the definition of beauty. “Generally, beauty refers to the characteristic or characteristics of an object that entail human pleasure to one or more senses. Beauty cannot be negative or ugly.” (Beirnet)However, there are various concepts of beauty across the globe. “In Nigeria, big and heavy women are considered beautiful and admired. In Burmese traditional view, women with long neck are considered beautiful.” (Plotnick 603). So if there are different concepts of beauty around the globe, how can we hail the most beautiful girl in the world.... [tags: Beauty]
1321 words (3.8 pages)
- Germany is a country of its own uniqueness and beauty. The country is located to the North of Europe, north east of France, west of Poland and below Denmark. Unification in Germany was achieved in 1871, under the leadership of Prussian Chancellor Otto von Bismarck. Ever since that time period, the country has flourished into one of the thriving, top nations in the world economically. Within this report, readers will gain insight into how the German culture is, and how to do business with the Germans.... [tags: germany, german culture, dutch]
2264 words (6.5 pages)
- What is Beauty. Is it the figure of the woman we see. Why do we think that someone is only beautiful if they have make-up and other false beauty enhancers to make themselves feel more impeccable to others. Dove the company behind all the natural shampoos and gels want to know what people of today think real impeccable beauty is. The Dove self-esteem fun, Beauty, Real Girls, Real Pressure: A national report (June 2008) describes how many girls think they aren't good enough or cute enough that guys won't like them.... [tags: Beauty Essays]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- Numerous clothing ads appeared in the August 2009 issue of Seventeen magazine to show of the fall's biggest trend especially for “back-to-school” shopping. The eyes of the reader are first drawn to Seventeen's headline of “1081 Ways to Look Amazing;” and further into the magazine, the readers are attracted to models who appear to look like seventeen year-olds. Majority of the clothing ads portray the “everyday” teenager who is constantly happy, and most of all, thin. However, Torrid's clothing ad differentiates from the rest of the advertisements.... [tags: Beauty ]
1308 words (3.7 pages)