The number of people retiring is increasing, due to the significant population known as the Baby Boomer generation. If you are the relative of a senior citizen in Orange County or Long Beach, you might have many questions related to helping your loved one manage the Golden Years. Retirement can be a wonderful time, but it may also be fraught with uncertainly in regard to living accommodations, meals, transportation, and health care. Some elders isolate themselves because they are not emotionally equipped to deal with their specific issues. Others may feel concerned about a perceived social stigma associated with growing older. Innumerable senior citizens simply may not know how to access basic resources in the community.
Fortunately, geriatric social workers and other industry professionals may offer a great deal of needed assistance. If you want to get help for your senior but must contend with a hectic schedule of your own, you can hire a caregiver from a licensed home care agency. You or the caregiver might arrange for your aging family member to consult trained professionals in the area – these people can help the senior in your life to make the best use of local resources. Neither you nor your elderly relative are alone in this process; qualified social workers and similar professionals are available throughout the Orange County and Long Beach areas.
Michael J. Demoratz
Mr. Demoratz is an experienced aging life care professional. He serves the Orange County senior population from his Tustin location. Along with his other qualifications (which include a PhD), Mr. Demoratz is an LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker). He...
... middle of paper ...
... of the elderly.
Ms. Leleux is a professional gerontologist located in Lake Forest; she has earned a dual Master’s Degree in both Gerontology and Health Care Administration. She has years of experience in the field, and she is qualified to guide your elder loved one through assessment and care plan management. Ms. Leleux is especially adept at helping seniors who suffer from dementia, repeated falls, and other aspects of declining health.
Orange County and Long Beach offer many resources to assist aging residents. If your elderly family member needs help in navigating the details of senior living, there are plenty of professionals in the area who can provide support. The first step is usually a consultation – so you, your senior relative, and a trained social worker or similar professional can assess the various needs of the elder in your life.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Geriatric Specialist Social Workers – Available Resources for the Elderly in the West Los Angeles Dealing with a senior whom you care about can be an overwhelming process. You may want to provide assistance to this individual, but you might often find yourself at a loss as to how you can do that effectively and efficiently. Unless you are a practicing social worker or have studied geriatric issues extensively, you are probably not aware of all of the resources available to seniors in West Los Angeles.... [tags: Geriatrics, Old age, Gerontology, Elderly care]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- Human Resources: The Specialist and Generalist Within the human resource department there are both generalists and specialists. There has been some debate on which is best, and there is common infighting between the two classes. Within this paper we will argue the importance of using both classes of human resource employees and the generalist bias that causes skewed hiring of generalists over specialists. Generalist A Human resources generalist is an employee that works with most if not all areas.... [tags: business, management, synergy]
602 words (1.7 pages)
- I navigated the O*Net resources and decided to explore human resources specialists. The reason I chose this career is because when attending college, I was very interested in human resources and even spoke to one of the advisors about this career. This week I have learned much more about this career, and I wish I would have been told about O*Net sooner. Human resources specialists have an abundance of different task. These specialists are in charge of screening, recruiting, interviewing, and placing new working.... [tags: Employment, Job interview, Labour economics]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- The three videos that I observed are Case Social Worker, Addictions Therapists, and Child Find Specialist. The video I observed was the Case Social Worker the interview with Sue Dowling (Dowling, S). The video was about a interview was with Sue Dowling, who currently works with the Social Service Department in the Arlington Massachusetts area, and is an ongoing assessment social worker. Dowling noted in the interview that there are three phases in the Department of Social Services. The first phase is an intake or investigations.... [tags: Sociology, Social work, Domestic violence]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- ... Their illness makes them distanced from the society. The physician is the only person who can bridge this gap. Communication, sharing life's experiences, making new friends, keeps them cheerful and energetic which definitely helps in their recovery. I have personally experienced this and therefore make it a point to always spend some extra time with the aged patients. It gives me a great deal of satisfaction and happiness. With current medical care, the life expectancy is increased and will pose more challenges in caring for elderly, as their population will grow exponentially in coming years and there will be an urgent need for well trained physicians in field of geriatrics.... [tags: elder, medical, patients]
514 words (1.5 pages)
- Many people when they hear the word inmate they usually think of a young male or female between the ages of eighteen to their late twenties, and for the most part it is true. About more than half of the prison population consists of younger inmates. For the past few decades the elderly or geriatric population has increased exponentially. Most of the elderly inmate population ranges from the ages of their early fifties and older, studies have shown that from 1995 to 2010 the portion of inmates ages 54 or older has almost tripled from 3% to 8%.... [tags: Prison, Crime, Geriatrics, Sociology]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- My ideal job would be a Social Media Specialist. The reason being, I enjoy posting on Social Media and watching it evolve into a major marketing tool. Social Media has grown over the past few years to where Businesses can make it big by using Social Media. Sites like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and now SnapChat have opened a whole new universe for Marketing, bringing in something totally new. The things you can do with it and network with it, and show videos at a click of a button, instead of only being seen on television on a certain channel.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Employment, Florida]
701 words (2 pages)
- There are currently more than 34 million seniors residing in the United States ("Psychosocial Needs of the Elderly"). This exemplifies that elders compromise a large percentage of the population, thusly, the American public must advocate for their wellbeing. In fact, the health and productivity of the geriatric community reflects the country’s passion for caring for the unable and providing charity. It is intolerable to disregard the needs of those who have shared so much history and contributed immeasurably to the very foundation of this nation.... [tags: Sociology, Social relation, Health, Hypertension]
1821 words (5.2 pages)
- The formulation of human resources strategy and policies specialists should act as advisors to and educators of top management. It is important that all of general management, and most especially top management, are human resources literate. But being a general manager usually means being literate about a lot of stuff and an expert on rather little, and unless the CEO or the division (or business unit or regional) chief has a human resources background, she is unlikely to be a working force expert.... [tags: Human resource management, Management]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- Resources for Dealing Directly with Specialist Language Style As previously detailed, there are numerous problems for students attempting to access the specialist language of English. One of the most difficult problems for students to overcome is the language and style of William Shakespeare’s plays. The three biggest problems that students face when reading Shakespeare are the Elizabethan language, the use of iambic pentameter and the use of themes. It is important that teachers develop resources and strategies to assist students in overcoming these language barriers.... [tags: Papers]
966 words (2.8 pages)