Dealing with a senior whom you care about can be an overwhelming process. You may want to provide assistance to this individual, but you might often find yourself at a loss as to how you can do that effectively and efficiently. Unless you are a practicing social worker or have studied geriatric issues extensively, you are probably not aware of all of the resources available to seniors in West Los Angeles. Fortunately, specialist professionals in the industry are educated on how to handle many of the matters that affect the lives of senior citizens. These people could help you to assess the needs of your loved one, get help where it is needed, and navigate the path toward a better life for your elder. If you need some assistance in getting your senior to consultations with care managers, you might wish to hire a caregiver via a licensed home care company.
Geriatric specialist social workers are generally equipped to guide seniors who may need health care or home care. Many geriatric social workers are willing to meet with seniors in the home if necessary. As more and more Baby Boomers retire and grow older, the need for this type of professional will continue to grow. Gerontology at the local level is vital to some of the most vulnerable people in society: the elderly. Because you care about your elder and want the best for this person, you would likely benefit from exploring some of the professionals and facilities available to seniors in the West Los Angeles area.
Ms. Dybnis is available via LivHOME, and she also serves those in the greater Los Angeles area. She is an expert consultant for people who are dealing ...
... middle of paper ...
...linical social worker on staff may offer support to both your elder and your family. When a senior citizen suffers from an injury or an illness, this kind of support can be invaluable. The social worker might help your elderly family member to find community resources. A case manager may also be assigned to your senior loved one; this person can help with issues related to a hospital visit, as well as answer questions about referrals.
If you’re worried that the senior you know is not getting the right kind of support, a geriatric specialist social worker or similar professional might be exactly the right person to consult. The elderly population in the West Los Angeles area may depend on a wide range of facilities and professionals. The issues that affect elders are often unique to that population, and a trained individual could prove to be an invaluable resource.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Geriatric Specialist Social Workers – Resources Available to Seniors in Orange County and Long Beach The number of people retiring is increasing, due to the significant population known as the Baby Boomer generation. If you are the relative of a senior citizen in Orange County or Long Beach, you might have many questions related to helping your loved one manage the Golden Years. Retirement can be a wonderful time, but it may also be fraught with uncertainly in regard to living accommodations, meals, transportation, and health care.... [tags: Geriatrics, Old age, Gerontology, Elderly care]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- People receiving Social Security and Medicare need to prepare for drastic changes. Social Security and Medicare in unity has been around since 1965. President Lyndon B. Johnson decided to help the elderly pay for expensive medical necessities from doctor visits to medicine. President Johnson knew that elderly individuals would have less income and pay more for medical necessities than younger individuals. He made Social Security and Medicare a number one priority during his presidency, unaware years down the line funding would become scarce and so many doctors and pharmaceutical companies would try to squeeze the life out of it.... [tags: insurance, doctors, pharmaceuticals]
1561 words (4.5 pages)
- Chapter Ageism is Prejudicial To be a successful caregiver, one must sort out and let go of myths and misconceptions and stay focused on the responsibilities of caregiving. –Author Introduction T he term ageism refers to discrimination and prejudice against the elderly. The term was introduced into the American vocabulary in 1971 by Robert Neil Butler, MD (January 21, 1927 – July 4, 2010). He was the first director of the National Institute on Aging. According to Doctor Butler, the three primary prejudicial attitudes seems to be: (1) old age, and the aging process; (2) discriminatory practices against older people; and (3) institutional practices and policies that perpetuate stereotypes abo... [tags: Old age, Gerontology, Disability, Elderly care]
1688 words (4.8 pages)
- Women, Children and the Elderly The vulnerability of the population of women, children and the elderly during a disaster create a variety of different dynamics that would affect them in times of disasters. Each group of these vulnerable populations will suffer similar challenges, although there are many obstacles each group will face differently. The challenges women face with dependent children are much more likely hampers their ability to avoid or survive disasters to which. Women are more likely to evacuate than men because of their sensitive vulnerability during disaster as a result of lower socioeconomic status or gaps in the labor force participation.... [tags: Middle age, Old age, Gerontology, Elderly care]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- My ideal job would be a Social Media Specialist. The reason being, I enjoy posting on Social Media and watching it evolve into a major marketing tool. Social Media has grown over the past few years to where Businesses can make it big by using Social Media. Sites like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and now SnapChat have opened a whole new universe for Marketing, bringing in something totally new. The things you can do with it and network with it, and show videos at a click of a button, instead of only being seen on television on a certain channel.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Employment, Florida]
701 words (2 pages)
- The three videos that I observed are Case Social Worker, Addictions Therapists, and Child Find Specialist. The video I observed was the Case Social Worker the interview with Sue Dowling (Dowling, S). The video was about a interview was with Sue Dowling, who currently works with the Social Service Department in the Arlington Massachusetts area, and is an ongoing assessment social worker. Dowling noted in the interview that there are three phases in the Department of Social Services. The first phase is an intake or investigations.... [tags: Sociology, Social work, Domestic violence]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- During the Celtic Tiger, Ireland had a booming economy and one of the lowest unemployment rates in Europe. The government’s success in economic and employment growth slowed migration and transformed Ireland into a prosperous nation. However, due to the recession that followed the inevitable collapse, many demographic groups have been excluded from participating in, and benefiting from, a healthy and inclusive society. Social care practitioners work in a direct person-to-person capacity with service users.... [tags: Lack of Resources, Community Development]
1927 words (5.5 pages)
- Tyrod Smith is not solely to blame for this blunder the school encountered with Facebook. He is partially to blame for not researching Facebook’s privacy policies and privacy settings and having this under control before he launched the Facebook page. He should have checked with the principal and technology specialist on what exact security features they wanted utilized and familiarize himself with these all prior to launching the site. But in my opinion, the school’s principal and its technology specialist are more at fault than Tyrod.... [tags: Social media, Facebook]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- Interview with an Engineer Specialist The purpose of this assignment is to explore the profession I hope to be working for in the near future. My task for this assignment was to find an engineer who has a degree in Aerospace Engineering, which is the degree that I am pursuing. I had to set up an appropriate setting for an interview with that engineer. I also had to arrange interview questions which consists of their career information’s, requirement skills, and advices that would help me get prepare to work in the field of Aerospace Engineering.... [tags: Industry, Specialist, Aerospace]
1633 words (4.7 pages)
- A Media Specialist’s Role in the Research Process When settlers from the East planned to “go West,” they faced many challenges. Becoming hopelessly lost was likely. Starvation was a possibility. Floods threatened total destruction. Settlers needed an experienced guide to lead them to their destination. When students begin research projects, they face similar challenges—although the challenges are intellectual rather than physical. They can become hopelessly lost as they try to follow Internet links from one site to another.... [tags: Librarians Library Media Specialist Role Essays]
1387 words (4 pages)