There once was an author man who was bored as he sat on his living room chair, watching ESPN highlights late into the night. To amuse himself he took a big pen and wrote down, “Children! Children! The children are becoming idiots!” Mark Bauerlein, author of The Dumbest Generation, has claimed that the Millennials are the dumbest generation, stating that they do not respect their elders, nor do they have the steadfast will to actually learn, as they are simply regurgitating information onto a sheet of paper. Yes, many can argue that the children of America today are more interested in achieving high grades and seeking the percentages over the knowledge that comes along with that letter grade, but to what extent is that statement true?
Now, more than ever, the competition for college scholarships is high. With so many determined young people wanting to be successful in all areas of work and life, is it a surprise that students are looking for the most efficient way to gathe...
... middle of paper ...
... I would say that, in light of recent events, accepting love over all, no matter who you are, no matter where you came from, no matter what gender you are, is a fairly intelligent concept. How can the definition of intelligence be based on a “few intellectual questions”? At the University of California, Los Angeles, a college graduate by the name of Mark Bauerlein never failed a test? Never got one question wrong? Pull three of the questions Mark Bauerlein never understood or never got correct, and base his intelligence off of those few missed questions, those few uncertainties, and what do you have? According to himself, a Millennial. I could be wrong, and I don’t know if it’s my lack of intelligence, or my narcissism, but I am certain that Generation Y is more than capable of handling a few social punches. Because, if you ask me, I would say we are doing just fine.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Generation Me or often called millennials are controversially consisting the generation born from 1980 until 2000. Most of the older generations call these young people slothful, shallow, egotistical and fame-obsessed. However, some people have different perspectives about them and call these millennials creative, optimistic, open minded and efficient. This contentiousness has caused numerous research by professors and others regarding ‘Generation Me’. Nevertheless, every generation has its strengths and weaknesses.... [tags: Generation Y, Strauss and Howe]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- Technology, in essence, has become the demise of today’s intelligence. The shine and dazzle of new products is doing exactly what it’s suppose to do- distract. On the surface, this technological era has brought this world leaps and bounds further in intelligence-or has it. The loss of self esteem, the inability to pay attention, and the damage to the brain's abilities aren’t so glamorous. Is technology making the world dumber. Many individuals claim technology is how they connect-or rather “keep in touch”- with others; however, is this communication healthy.... [tags: intelligence, technology, social media]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- Generation of Idiots It has been documented that Albert Einstein was once quoted as saying “I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots.” It is my assertion that technology does not make for a less intelligent people. Rather the use of technology allows people to obtain knowledge faster, be more efficient and better able to multi-task. In fact, technology is simply a tool that allows people to perform a variety of tasks and accomplish goals ranging from paying bills to designing and constructing an earthquake resistant buildings.... [tags: Technology, 21st century, Intelligence]
1192 words (3.4 pages)
- ABSTRACT: Artificial Intelligence is a machine which can think and do work for the human. AI can have many applications and can be used anywhere in the universe. My Project is about AI in Power Stations. We will discuss about how the AI techniques can be used in power stations to increase the supply of power and everything. Power Stations have tremendous growth this can be increased more by using some AI Techniques. We even have some faults in the power stations as we make use of transformers, generators and Transmission lines.... [tags: Electricity generation, Coal, Nuclear power]
2492 words (7.1 pages)
- Intelligence can be defined as a means of acquiring knowledge and being able to apply it to various aspects in life. In the realm of psychology, the universal term is used interchangeably during research. According to Singh-Manoux et al. (2005), psychologists have had difficulty defining intelligence because they have constantly disagreed on its nature, with some in congruence on one construct and others drawn to the multiple factor theory. In contrast, it could also be because they never agreed on an operational definition of intelligence—meaning the variable to be measured, take for example, emotion.... [tags: Intelligence, Intelligence quotient, Alfred Binet]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Intelligence Redefined It’s a bright, beautiful day outside. Birds are cawing, dogs are barking, and children are yelling as they chase each other around. My friend KC, however, is not outside enjoying this weather, but instead is inside playing video games. Why is this. Is he lazy. Maybe it’s too hot for him. Maybe the bugs eat him up when he goes outside. When asked about his choice of staying inside and playing video games versus going outside, he wryly replied, “This is what I’m good at and I enjoy it.” Therein lies the essence of intelligence: recognizing what you are proficient at and using these proficiencies in a way that benefits you in some way.... [tags: Theory of multiple intelligences]
1904 words (5.4 pages)
- Artificial Intelligence, are they an existential threat to us. Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the area of computer science focusing on creating machines that can engage on behaviors that humans consider intelligent. The ability to create intelligent machines has intrigued humans since ancient times and today with the advent of the computer and 50 years of research into AI programming techniques, the dream of smart machines is becoming a reality. These smart machines can mimic human’s thought, understand speech, and do other countless things that was not possible before.... [tags: Artificial intelligence, Computer, Transhumanism]
1174 words (3.4 pages)
- Abstract— Analytics and Business Intelligence is a rapidly increasing area in terms of Information technology since the amount of data and information to be gathered has increased substantially in the past few years. Recording information and gathering patterns and trends out of them is a difficult task and this is where business intelligence comes into picture. Not only the past, but also predicting the future trends becomes easy with the help of these tools. A lot of companies, like Pentaho, JasperSoft, KNIME, Vanilla etc.... [tags: Business intelligence, Data warehouse]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- Generation Z is determined to change the future and is at an advantage over all previous generations to do so. This group is those born between the years 1995 and 2012, whom are currently ages 4 to 21. Statistics show Gen Z is extremely mature for their age with the lowest levels of drug use, alcohol consumption, smoking, and teenage pregnancy in decades, as stated by JWTIntelligence. This demonstrates that they are future orientated. Generation Z is unified, diverse, realistic, and technologically advanced, making them the generation with the power to impact the world.... [tags: Generation, Generation Y, Health care]
700 words (2 pages)
- What I always believe is that, he who is successful is the one with Right Attitude. It is the 3E 's which form an individual 's attitude right from the childhood. Education, Environment and Experience are the three aspects which clearly shape one 's attitude. Gracefully, I believe that I 'm blessed with above Attitude derived from the aspects mentioned. I realized from the modern era that technology coupled with efficient management is what it takes for an individual to excel in his/her life.... [tags: Management, Business school, Jawaharlal Nehru]
822 words (2.3 pages)