District: 2, Masonry
Weapon: A half and half sword is her weapon of choice, but she 's also learned how to use throwing knives from her sister after receiving a handcrafted set for her mother.
Appearance: Elle is as delicate looking as a winter flower. With soft blonde hair that falls straight down and past her shoulders, she tries her best to fit the stereotype of being a gorgeous career. Her teeth are as bright as possible and stand out against her bright pink lips and tanned skin. She also has a soft jaw and slim figure that somehow still manages to hide the muscles she’s been conditioning since she was ten. Her height is 5’ 5” making her shorter than both of her siblings. If she could fix one thing it would be her sea-green eyes, she wishes they were a prettier, brighter color such as blue or purple even if she had the option to change them. Still, it’s rare to see her without a polite smile and attentive expression.
Picture link: http://static1.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1891359.1407178093!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/stoneton5n-3-web.jpg
Personality: It’s hard growing up with other siblings, always being compared with those who came before you. Aemilia is used to it, however, her demeanor quiet and resigned to leave room for Cleo and Drusus, her older siblings. She has learned to keep people at an arm 's length and isn 't very good at making friends even though she 's an excellent speaker. Competitive and ambitious like many other tributes from two, she often goes the route of lies and sweet talking over telling the truth.
They say that one’s true colors are never revealed until they step onto the battlefield, however, Elle has been tra...
... middle of paper ...
... was 13 their family gained a victor. To be fair they had always had one, her uncle Thomas, but when her sister Cleo was drawn and emerged victoriously? It put a whole new set of expectations on Aemilia 's shoulders. She was forced to learn her sister 's weapon of choice, to take the same classes, to try to live up to an unattainable goal. When it had first happened she thought maybe it was a blessing, now they had a new victor in the family from her generation, maybe that was enough to placate their parents. It wasn 't. Her brother had already moved on and out of the house to be a Peacekeeper in the Capital when her name was drawn in the reaping. There was no way to escape it, so now her only choice is to win to prove that she 's just as good as her sister.
Token: The same one her sister carried into the arena, a golden locket with a pictures of her siblings inside.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Tears aren’t a woman’s only weapon. The best one’s between her legs. Learn how to use it.” In the following essay I will seek to establish the construction of feminine gender roles in ‘Game of Thrones’, the HBO television adaptation of George R. R. Martin’s series of novels ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’, which is played out in the fictional kingdom of Westeros. Consequently I will analyse these feminine gender roles from a materialistic viewpoint and discuss how a number of characters, principally female (since we will see how patriarchy is the favoured practice in Westeros), both conform to and reject preconceived ideas of gender performance and representation.... [tags: Game of Thrones Essays]
1735 words (5 pages)
- The Sword In The Stone: Kay Gets What He Deserves At the end of The Sword in the Stone, it is true that Kay does receive the `rough end' of the deal because he, being the son of a noble and a knight, and the Wart, comparatively nothing but a squire to Kay became the King of England when Kay thought himself more qualified and better for the postition. However, throughout the Boy's childhood, Kay maintained the dominant position in their relationship. I think that it is only fair that in the end, justice is served and theWart gets to rule over Kay.... [tags: Sword in the Stone Essays]
445 words (1.3 pages)
- One day, you wake up and realize it is desolate outside. You go out to try to figure out what the problem is and the neighborhood is a complete disaster. You go into your neighbor’s garage where he usually polishes his guns and Japanese Katanas every morning, but he is not there. Then, you hear a noise behind you. You turn around and as you ask your neighbor what is wrong, he is unresponsive. You then realize he is dead and you have to defend yourself from your once friend. Now, you have a decision to make, gun or katana.... [tags: Gun, Weapon, Debut albums, Projectile]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- “Heroes can help us lift our eyes a little higher” (LaBarge). LaBarge is saying that heroes inspire us and because they inspire us, the sword Excalibur is popular in animation. Everyone searches for a person who can lead them, who possesses great power, and who can inspire them; the sword Excalibur is always wielded by someone who fits those traits. The powerful blade makes an appearance in the animation Soul Eater, Sword Art Online, and Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, which takes different approaches on the sword Excalibur and its abilities.... [tags: Holy Grail, King Arthur, Excalibur]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- Evocative I felt mournful, shocked and sympathetic while reading the last half of the novel. Lucy is independent of her parents and live in a small farm alone for many years. David stays in contact with Lucy by telephone and Lucy always tries her best to assure him that everything is well. She finds she is pregnant with a child after she is raped, she does not tell David and try to cover up the facts at the beginning. Then Lucy tells David that she is pregnant when David comes back. David thinks Lucy takes care of everything but she does not take the method her father hints.... [tags: Marriage, Gender, Opera, Rights]
1383 words (4 pages)
- “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure..” –Movie Coach Carter This quote directly relates to our worlds power over nuclear weapons. The fear in this debate is not that we do not have a weapon strong enough, but we have a weapon that is unrivaled by any other. There is only one thing nuclear weapons have been used for it is the very reason they were created. Because of there killing power it was only natural they were made for war.... [tags: nuclear weapons, nuclear war, bombs, raidation]
1088 words (3.1 pages)
- The main actors that are involved in the nuclear proliferation treaty are China, France, Russia, the United Kingdom and the United States are all considered to be the five nuclear weapon states. That means that as set up in the treaty they are the only five states that are allowed to posses any kind of nuclear weapons capabilities. In recent years there has been tension regarding other counties having nuclear weapons, specifically North Korea. According to the BBC article regarding information on North Koreas nuclear weapons history since October of 2006 North Korea has said they have “successfully tested a nuclear weapon, spreading alarm throughout the region.” Most likely as well through... [tags: Nuclear weapon, Nuclear proliferation]
1639 words (4.7 pages)
- I stood in front of the entrance to Yoshi’s Magic Academy, the greatest magic school in the entire world located on Caesar Island, built when The Great War of the 12 Kingdoms ended. The 12 kingdoms were Arabia, Skyle, Hrothgar, Tamriel, Leam, Matos, Orath, Kyuugan, Bygien, Yulez, Daryu, and the Fyrths. “This is too good to be true that I, Sora Vesna, the first person to be born without any trace of magic in the world since centuries before The Great War ended.” I sigh and glanced back up to the entrance, and headed towards the entrance of the school to attend the ceremony that was about to begin in order welcome the first years before school officially starts tomorrow.... [tags: sora, sword, weapon]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- By definition, a nuclear weapon is an explosive device whose destructive potential extracts from the release of energy that comes from the splitting of an atomic nuclei. Nuclear weapons are still pretty new in development. It all began in August of 1942, the United States started the Manhattan Project to develop their first nuclear weapon. Only three years later the first nuclear weapon testing was held in New Mexico, on July 16, 1945 by the United States (NWT). And from there the United States were the first to create and use any form of nuclear weapons.... [tags: Nuclear weapon, World War II]
1051 words (3 pages)
- The Sword in the Stone of the Arthurian Legend King Arthur and the knights of the round table belong to a long line of books and stories of the Arthurian legend. Merlin, Lancelot, The lady of the lake, King Arthur, and Excaliber are all very important in the Arthurian legend. In this essay we will talk about King Arthur, the knights of the round table, and Merlin in the famous story, The sword in the stone. The Sword in the stone is a book about an adopted child named wart. He is of royal blood and does not know this.... [tags: Arthurian Legend Sword Stone Essays]
1762 words (5 pages)