People are always saying how being gay is not okay, and that God says in the bible that it should be man and woman not man and man. But It also says in the bible that no one should judge one another, whether it be on looks, height, race, and or gender. So I feel like all these people that are judging all the people who are making the decision to be gay is wrong. If they truly went off of what the bible said, They’d know that all sins are equal. So them judging them about being gay is a sin, well they’re sinning just like the gays are. I think that no matter what god loves you.
The way I feel about it is, is that if they’re happy, let them be happy. They deserve to be happy just like everyone else. They’re human aren’t they? Just because what they’re doing is a sin, doesn’t mean we have to hate or dislike what they’re doing. It’s what they choose to do and it should not have anything to do with you. So yes, I feel like they should have just as much rights as we do. If they want to be married, let them. What harm will it do to the Earth? The world has always shunned the gays and the kids in todays’ time see that, so they feed off of what their parents say and they’ll be that way for the rest of their life. I have a gay cousin, doesn’t mean I’m going to love him any less. He’s a normal person just like everyone else and he deserves to get treated that way.
As of July 17, 2013, gay marriage has been legalized in 14 US states (California, Connecticut, Delaware, Iowa, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington) and the District of Columbia. Proponents argue that same-sex couples should have access to the same marriage benefits and public ack...
... middle of paper ...
...fe, everyone deserves to be happy and if you can make someone’s day better or make them happy that day then you’re doing it right. One of the hardest things to do as a Christian is to say no to things you shouldn’t do, but even if you don’t say no and you ask for forgiveness and try to better yourself the next time around that he’ll forgive you. So maybe gays aren’t able to say no, but I guarantee that the others that do believe in God are finding other ways to give back to him and do everything in his name so that God will forgive them. There’s a lot of different views to this and my view that I’m trying to express is that let them do what they want, It isn’t affecting your life is anyway. What they choose to do is what they want, It doesn’t matter if it says it’s wrong in the bible because you’re doing some bad things yourself according to the bible. God forgives.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the state of Oklahoma, there are political, social, and legal barriers that restrict gay marriage within the state boundaries. In pursuing the “American Dream”, gay marriage is a natural right given to every human living his or her life in this country. Natural, inalienable, rights provide a way of life in which eternal love is an example of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. I believe that Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals, and Transsexuals should be granted the right to marry. As passive as the James Madison: Checks and Balances system has become, the federalist relationship became significantly close between national and state governments on the subject of gay marriage.... [tags: Legal Issues, Gay Marriage]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- Over the years, gay marriage has become a worldwide known issue, and in Texas it is still a debate whether it should still be legalized. At the moment, it is not legal or illegal in the state. It is in the state of “anti-relationship recognition constitutional amendment; a federal judge has ruled that the amendment is unconstitutional, and the decision is now on appeal to the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, with the ruling stayed” (Freedom to Marry, Inc, 2013-2014). “As of May 21, 2014, gay marriage has been legalized in 19 US states (CA, CT, DE, HI, IA, IL, MA, MD, ME, MN, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OR, PA, RI, VT, and WA) and the District of Columbia” (Gay Marriage, 2014).... [tags: Homosexuality, Same-sex marriage]
1037 words (3 pages)
- Marriage has been an important part of life since the Biblical times. It usually consists of the union of a man and a woman, but for gays and lesbians, it is the union of two men and two women. On June 26, 2015, the US Supreme Court ruled that the US Constitution guarantees the right for same-sex couples to marry. Many conservatives are completely against gay marriage and they have stated that they will fight to have the Supreme Court ruling overturned. Legalizing gay marriage is a very difficult issue for much of society to accept.... [tags: Same-Sex Marriage Essays]
2421 words (6.9 pages)
- The Best Argument against Gay marriage: Glen Lavy’s “Gay marriage and the ‘slippery slope’ ” Proponents to the legalization of same sex marriage came up with a lot of reasons as why gay marriage should be legal. The major ones are that not allowing same sex people to get married prevents them from getting legal benefits like hospital visitation, health insurance, family leave and more. They also argued that they are fighting for their rights the same way African Americans were fighting back in the day, and that gay marriage will not threaten our society.... [tags: Gay Marriage and the Slippery Slope, ]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- On June 26, 2015, the US Supreme Court ruled that the US Constitution guarantees the right for same-sex couples to marry. Many conservative groups do NOT agree with this decision. The believe that gay marriage should not be permitted but civil unions should be granted to lesbians and homosexuals. On the other hand there is a large group that believes neither gay marriage nor civil unions should be offered to gay and lesbian couples and that any legal union should be available to heterosexual couples only.... [tags: Same-Sex Marriage Essays]
1125 words (3.2 pages)
- On June 26, 2015, the US Supreme Court ruled that the US Constitution guarantees the right for same-sex couples to marry. Should gay marriages really be allowed. Has the Supreme Court ruled in error. In our society today, homosexuals are treated unconstitutionally, they are forced to live a secret life, they are forbidden to adopt and raise children and unable to marry the person they love. This is just a few to the many inequalities that homosexuals face in everyday life. The constitution guarantees the right to free speech and the right to pursue happiness to everyone, although homosexuals do not get to live their life by their choice.... [tags: Same-Sex Marriage Essays]
1135 words (3.2 pages)
- The Webster's Dictionary has changed. Marriage was once defined as "the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law," but now there is an alternate definition that says "the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage." Society's ideas are changing and it is the roll of the government to evolve with society. However, the government is moving at a slower rate than the majority of the population.... [tags: Same Sex Marriage Essays]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- Gay parenting and marriage has become publicly accepted by some and rejected by others. Many have come to believe this topic to be immoral and impossible. Society has also realized that the average family has developed into many different forms in the last few years. Gay families have developed and are perceived today that raising kids without both a Mom and Dad, deprives the child from being introduced to both worlds. The approach to this debated topic will be to analyze and to defend the “cons” of gay parenting and marriage.... [tags: Against Gay Marriage, Argumentative Essay]
1804 words (5.2 pages)
- On June 26, 2015, the US Supreme Court ruled that the US Constitution guarantees the right for same-sex couples to marry. Many conservatives are completely against gay marriage and they have stated that they will fight to have the Supreme Court ruling overturned. There are a number of reasons opponents to gay marriage argue that the Supreme Court has made a huge mistake . First, certain religious interpretations maintain that gay marriage is sinful. Fortunately, our country is not a theocracy and public policy should not be based on any religion's values.... [tags: Same Sex Marriage Essays]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- “Men and women of full age, without limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and have a family” (The Universal Declaration of Human Rights 5). This article from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights set forth by the United Nations clearly states that any adult, man or woman, has the right to marry. At the beginning of the Declaration, there is another article saying that every human being is entitled to all rights set forth by this document without exception to any status.... [tags: Homosexuality, argumentative, persuasive ]
1439 words (4.1 pages)