Global warming, high gas prices, and the gasoline shortages are some of the most highly debated issues among our society. Throughout, the years many concerned people have been frustrated to find a central solution to these problems. Gasoline Electric Hybrids may bring relief to our society as part of the solution to the larger aforementioned problems. Even if gasoline cars are cheaper, the benefits of gasoline electric hybrids outweigh the convenience and initial low prices of standard gasoline cars because gasoline electric Hybrids are more economical, have greater fuel efficiency, and do not cause as severe impact on the environment.
Conventional cars have existed since the eighteenth century however you can still find them in everyday life. Conversely assortments of people do not take their time to learn the history behind conventional cars. The automobile industry drastically became a major part of the world in the end of eighteenth century and beginning of the nineteenth century. In the ruling, the sole inventor of the automobile in this case is undetermined. Since the automobile was developed and improved over time, as more admiring inventors and scientists experimented with this idea. At first, several individuals were skeptical, preferring the familiar horse-drawn carriages, which they were accustomed to (Carpiaux, Nicole). However in 1769 Nicolas J...
... middle of paper ...
...o the society in the United States, because of the simple fact that there were no needs for a gasoline electric hybrid at the time.
Gasoline Electric Hybrids are more economical, have greater fuel efficiency, and do not cause as severe impact on the environment but most importantly outweigh the initial low prices of conventional cars. The 21 century has adopted the “Go Green” culture and has made it part of history. A Gasoline electric hybrid is the key to reducing emissions, greenhouse gases and most importantly helping stop global warming, that is an issue that concerns everyone that calls this terrestrial earth their home. So next time when your taking a long trip or just simply going on vacation think about the gasoline electric hybrid and the money you could be saving and the emissions that you could be reducing by switching to a gasoline electric hybrid.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Gasoline vs. Electric Vehicles Pollution is one of the biggest issues facing the global community today, and has been a critical issue over the past few decades. Apart from factories spewing tons of carbon waste into the atmosphere, cars are the worst culprits at spreading pollution. Gasoline-powered motor vehicles in particular have been strongly criticized by environmentalists due to the extent of their damage to the environment. Electric cars have been discussed and recommended as potentially lasting solutions to this solution but the question still remains as to whether they are viable for use in society.... [tags: Automobile, Electric vehicle, Plug-in hybrid]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- Mention “hybrid” vehicle to most people and the Toyota Prius comes to mind. That’s expected as the Prius family is by far the most dominant hybrid electric vehicles on the market. Furthermore, Toyota is the chief manufacturer, building twice as many hybrids as the industry combined. Despite all the attention given to hybrids, these vehicles account for just under 3 percent of all cars on the road today. That’s not an especially tenable market for a vehicle segment touting all things sustainable.... [tags: Plug-in hybrid, Electric vehicle]
884 words (2.5 pages)
- In this day and age, our world is being consumed by the rapid growth of the world’s population. From the beginnings of time with cave men thousands of years ago up until the Industrial Revolution, the number of people living on this planet never passed a billion, and was always growing at a slow pace. When the Industrial Revolution hit the population skyrocketed to over 7 billion people. The growth of population has not slowed down since then, and more technological advances are popping up everyday to help balance the rapid growth.... [tags: null]
2253 words (6.4 pages)
- Hybrid engines represent the way forward in vehicle design 1/. Ehsani et al (2009) states "Hybrid electric vehicle 's which use two power sources (a primary power source and secondary power source), have the advantages of both internal combustion engine vehicles and electric vehicle (EV) and overcomes their disadvantages.” This explains that in comparison to internal combustion engines and electric engines, hybrid engines are identified to be more efficient. This article is used because Ehsani et al (2009) extensively gave detailed information on how hybrid engine vehicles worked and the reasons which it could be the way forward in vehicle designs.... [tags: Internal combustion engine, Electric vehicle]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- “What we need to do is really improve energy efficiency standards, develop in full scale renewable and alternative energy and use the one resource we have in abundance, our creativity.” (Lois Capps) There are many ways we can utilize our abundance of creativity. Some have yet to be discovered, but some are being sought out today. One of these is the rise of the electric car. Despite a rough start competing with petroleum cars, electric cars will see a spark in popularity in the automotive market within the next few years with new models being developed and more charge stations being installed world wide.... [tags: Plug-in hybrid, Electric vehicle]
1399 words (4 pages)
- Global Warming and Going Green has raised everyone’s awareness about the importance of our environment. Traditional gasoline vehicles generate an extreme amount of pollutants that are harmful to the environment, which is what led to the development and popularity of hybrid vehicles. There are many types of hybrid fuels being developed and used. Three types of fuels will be compared: ethanol 85 (E85), diesel, and hydrogen. There are also human factors that play into the feasibility of manufacturing and marketing of hybrid vehicles in comparison to the existing fleet of standard gasoline powered vehicles.... [tags: Environment, Global Warming, fuels]
2190 words (6.3 pages)
- These cars operate from a rechargeable battery and gasoline. The engines are smaller so that they will be able to accommodate the 99% of time when the car is not going uphill or accelerating quickly. The battery is used to give extra acceleration power if needed. When the car is stopped, hybrid gasoline motors can shut off and run off their electric motor and battery. These cars are aerodynamic and the tires are often stiffer and inflated higher to reduce dragging. According to a November 16, 2004 article written in the parents magazine, hybrid cars are no different from the gas powered car.... [tags: Gasoline Electric Hybrid Automobiles]
1469 words (4.2 pages)
- 1 Introduction A healthy and prosperous society is based on a healthy and prosperous economy. And during the last century, following the economic growth, the social networks expansion and the geographic dispersion of economic activities, transport became the spinal column of commercial and industrial interaction. The capacity of individuals as well as firms to exchange goods and services became crucial not only for economic purposes but also for better life quality. Unfortunately, the drawback effects of transport have an important impact on the natural and human environments on one hand, and on the growing fuel consumption accompanying the current oil crisis on another hand.... [tags: Gasoline Electric Hybrid Automobiles]
2003 words (5.7 pages)
- Field Experience Report Hybrid Cars The world population is increasing at a massive rate and with the increase in population growth more space is needed for building houses, roads, schools, hospitals, etc. “The world's population will rise from 6.5 billion to 9.1 billion by 2050, according to a United Nations survey released Thursday. Much of the growth will take place in the least-developed countries, where a high rate of mortality is outweighed by an even higher rate of fertility. Their current collective population of 800 million is projected to swell to 1.7 billion in 2050.” (Wald) Human population growth can be seen as having a major impact on the environment as human activities are i... [tags: Gasoline Electric Hybrid Automobiles]
1815 words (5.2 pages)
- Want to buy a hybrid car. Consider the facts. You may be correct in thinking that you should buy a hybrid car or SUV, but are you thinking you need it for the right reasons. Kevin Ransom’s article “Reasons to buy a hybrid – or not” updated on CNN’s website in January 28, discusses many aspects consumers should consider when thinking about buying a hybrid vehicle. He makes good points, but he needs some better ones to convince me. Ransom is making an argument with plenty of statistics for buying a hybrid and trying at the same time to give you somewhat of a counterargument against buying a hybrid.... [tags: Gasoline Electric Hybrid Automobiles]
1373 words (3.9 pages)