Ever since the release of the first console, there was already a computer more powerful and faster than it. There are many multiple attributes that a gaming computer has that a gaming console does not. In one factor, a gaming computer can process information or data faster than consoles which results in a smoother gameplay or movie watching experience. For example, Forbes stated that any computer released during, after and even before a console is released is already faster than it.(Forbes July 14, 2014) This is showing that no matter what a console can never or will ever be able to reached the processing power of what a computer can perform. To further this topic, a console cannot be upgraded besides it hard drive space mean while a computer can upgrade every single component it has varying from physical hardware to even virtual software. By these upgrades, a gaming computer will always be in the highest tier of graphic processing and computing process. Secondly a computer can achieve the highest graphics s...
... middle of paper ...
...hang with each other’s virtual characters and have conversations just like real life but without the awkward eye contact that can happen sometimes. These programs have made many people’s lives way more enjoyable than what could have of happen without the use of the internet and computers. There are also programs such as Skype, where one can maintain their romantic relationship and other relationships, which connects people across the world to their screen and let people have the personal time with their significant other and family members without wasting money or causing useless stress to plan an event to meet each other in real life. I am glad for these programs because of all the positives that they bring to people all around the world.
Every person should have their own personal computer for all of the reasons listed on this research paper and not own a console.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- How to Make Your Computer Faster for Gaming at No Expense Many computer game enthusiasts find it frustrating when their Pc is running slow and affecting the performance of their favorite games. If you have always wondered on how to make your computer faster for gaming at no expense, read on and get some ideas that can make your computer faster at no cost. The performance of computers is affected as the computer gets older. Even the high performance PC with powerful processors starts to slow down the more you use it and store more files.... [tags: Personal computer, Computer, Hard disk drive]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Introduction Computer systems can be found in varying environments, these are; at home, in businesses, computer gaming, networking and real-time situations. Computers systems can be classified into the following categories; microcomputers, minicomputers, mainframes and super computers. Different environments will have certain computer systems which are appropriate for that setting. Microcomputers can be categorised as personal computers (PC’s) and mobile computers. Mobile computers can be devices such as laptops, PDA’s, smart phones and tablets.... [tags: Personal computer, Computer, Mainframe computer]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- Microcomputers: (Notebook, Laptop, Desktop and Tablet PC) Microcomputers are the smallest systems in the market. The size range is from calculator to desktop size. Its CPU is microprocessor. It also known as PC, their aim is to satisfy the needs of public and are single-user computers. They are used for common applications such as gaming, social networking, and internet research. Justify the performance, limitations Justify why this type is suitable to a particular environment Desktop: Desktop wasn’t designed to be portable.... [tags: Personal computer, Computer, Minicomputer]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Categories of Computers and Components of a Computer Categories Personal Computers A Personal Computer (PC) is a computer that is generally only used by one person at a time. A PC with the help of a user is able to perform all of its output, input, storage, and processing activities by itself. (1) There are many types of PCs that include Laptops and Desktop. Laptops sometimes called notebooks are a portable type of computer that is designed fit into a person’s lap and comes in many different sizes and capabilities (1).... [tags: Personal computer, Laptop, Hard disk drive]
1042 words (3 pages)
- In the 1980’s video games became vastly popular and its market boomed. Since this time the market has continued to grow, making it one of the most popular forms of entertainment in the modern day. There has been much speculation on the effects that both games and gaming have had on society as a whole. Games were first invented in the late 1940’s being found on mainframe computers. The first commercially viable game was computer space in 1971 a coin operated arcade version of an earlier game called Spacewar.... [tags: Gaming]
926 words (2.6 pages)
- In this new age of technology and information, it is adapt or die in relation to owning a personal home computer. Growing up with a personal computer is nearly required of children in this modern generation to succeed; and its need will only widen in the future to come. The possible risks related to children, using personal computers, are preventable and far overshadowed by the potential for education and general benefits of owning a personal computer now and in the future. This is why the use of personal computers in the classroom and in the home is dramatically increasing as society develops into this age of technological advancement.... [tags: laptops, computers, class technology]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- From classroom activities to space flight and everything in between, computers are a vital part of daily life. Everything we do and every aspect of our life is affected by modern technology like the computers. Computers let us dissect any sort of data. Computers makes us reflect, hence we develop. Because of computers and the Internet, we can talk with individuals from diverse nations, and even see them via webcam. Computers have their weaknesses like they have a negative effect on individuals' health.... [tags: computers, internet, eyestrain]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- Gaming has developed very much sense the beginning, from large arcade games to computer and console games, and now smartphones. The question must be asked, where is the gaming industry heading. In current day there are two major branches of gaming, the half that are with consoles and computers, and the other half mobile gaming with smartphones. The console and computer half of the gaming industry tends to have much better graphics, more content, lore, and is the older style of gaming. The smartphone half tend to be short little apps that don’t really have content, or lore for any matter, but are entertaining and do not require a television with them as they can take the games anywhere.... [tags: Video game, Video game console, Game, Mobile game]
1349 words (3.9 pages)
- The early 1980’s were the real turning point in the prevalence of personal computers for home usage. What was once seen as an elite level piece of machinery used for military operations and mathematicians alike had now become one of many tools created for home use. A computer’s accessibility had increased tenfold, becoming available and attractive to casual users and enthusiasts alike, allowing for a rapid evolution of every aspect of a personal computer. Enthusiast level magazines such as “Byte”, a series of magazines published by McGraw-Hill dedicated to the technological advances of computer capabilities and their components, heavily influenced this trend in making home personal computer... [tags: Personal computer, Computer, Microprocessor]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
- Adventures in Computer Games Today's world is based almost completely on technology. We use it to teach, learn, and design new ideas and theories. Many people like to argue that the old pen and paper way is best and don't like to think what computers are actually doing for us today. Computer gaming seems to catch a lot of the controversy of today's argument. People question the direction these games are leading our children. From an outward appearance they seem to be the replacement for individualism and imagination but from the inner perspective they are helping create a new generation of life enhancing skills such as anger management, reading writing, arithmetic, and even relationships.... [tags: Computer Video Games Argumentative Pro]
1519 words (4.3 pages)