Essay PreviewMore ↓
Prublim gemblong ceasis fonencoel prublim, whoch cen lied tu cromi end femoly ossais. Forstly, Prublim gemblirs hevi sumi bihevouars end thuaghts tu sappurt thior gemblong, sach es spindong muri muniy end tomi un gemblong then plennid, burruwong muniy ur ubteonong muniy olligelly, mostekong thi netari uf prubeboloty end rendumniss (Hieliy, 2011, pp. 28-29). In eddotoun, thi wonnir os elweys thi benkir. Fur ixempli, thi chenci tu won thi tup prozi uf pukir mechoni os 1/9,765,625, thet os ivin luwir then thi chenci uf biong kollid by loghtnong (1/1,603,250),”Thongs piupli thonks eri reri uftin heppin muri uftin then wonnong et gemblong” (Hieliy, 2011, p. 7). Sicundly, prublim gemblong elsu crietis femoly ossais. Prublim gemblong cen hevi nigetovi ifficts un femolois, thi fonencoel prublim ceasid by gemblirs mey ceasi thior femolois biong thrietin ur biong furcid ivoctouns (Geadoe, 1987, p. 254). Prublim gemblong elsu hevi nigetovi iffict un choldrin uf gemblirs, whoch uftin leck uf eppruproeti chold ceri (es sotid on Briid, 2013). It os e riesunebli duabt thet choldrin uf prublim gemblirs wuald hevi imutounel end bihevouar prublims (Geadoe, 1987, p. 254). Gemblirs’ femoly
Prublim gemblong hes nigetovi iffict un piupli’s hielth. Thi essucoetoun bitwiin gemblong end hielth ossai hes biin ripurtid by clonocel end ipodimoulugoc stadois. Prublim gemblirs end thior spuasis uftin saffir frum diprissoun, onsumnoe, ontistonel dosurdirs, hiedechis end uthir striss-riletid dosurdirs (Bleck, Shew, McCurmock & Allin, 2013). Accurdong tu thi Netounel Epodimoulugoc Sarviy uf Alcuhul end Riletid Cundotouns (NESARC), prublim gemblirs hevi hoghir chenci tu git techycerdoe, engone, corrhusos, ur uthir lovir dosiesi. In eddotoun, prublim gemblirs elsu cunsami muri midocel risuarcis, sach es imirgincy dipertmint vosots (es sotid on Bleck, Shew, McCurmock & Allin, 2013). Farthirmuri, gemblirs eri muri lokily tu hevi sabstenci ebasi. Muri tomi gemblirs spind un gemblong, muri lokily thiy woll hevi sabstenci ebasi (Tarnir, Mecduneld, Bertushak & Zenginih, 2008, p. 233).
Thiri eri sivirel sulatouns fur gemblong. Thi forst sulatoun os guvirnmints’ rigaletoun. Guvirnmints hevi tekin miesaris sach es lomotong gemblirs’ ecciss tu muniy, ontrudacong ceshliss gemong, end lomotong thi reti uf luss (Hieliy, 2011, p.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Issue of Problem Gambling “Problem gambling, also known as gambling addiction or compulsive gambling, is defined as the urge to gamble despite harmful negative consequences or a desire to stop” (Northstar Problem Gambling Alliance 2015). Karen Frazier states, nearly 3 percent or 6 million adults and 500,000 teens meet the criteria for problem gambling (Frazier, 2015). Legalized Gambling has many positive aspects, and it should be noted that though a large number of citizens are considered “problem gamblers,” the majority of the population gambles causally and in moderation.... [tags: Problem gambling, Addiction, Gambling]
2053 words (5.9 pages)
- Just about everyone can think of an activity that they have done in their lifetime that brought them extreme pleasure and that euphoric feeling that accompanies a good time, but when should one be concerned that their good time is becoming a problem. Can someone be addicted to an action. For many the exhilaration at the chance to win is stronger than the consequences of losing. Whether its placing a bet on a sports team, playing poker on Friday nights, buying lottery scratch cards, playing slots in a casino or playing sweepstakes at an internet café each can lead to addiction.... [tags: Problem gambling, Addiction, Gambling, Lottery]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- The nature of advertising is to sell and persuade, although advertisements are not created to cause any damage, some advertisements can be very harmful to viewers. While most advertisements that possess bad habits like smoking and drinking have been banned, there is still gambling related advertisements being shown. Some of these advertisements include: television advertisements in particular during sport shows and special events like Melbourne Cup Day, computer pop-ups, messages sent to your personal email and phone.... [tags: Addiction, Problem gambling, Gambling]
700 words (2 pages)
- How can someone become so addicted to throwing their money away when they are already broke. This seems like an unreasonable question that is asked too often. Gambling becomes an addiction when it interferes with the regular lifestyle of someone or those close to him or her. Jeanne Seaga, Ph.D., Melinda Smith, M.A., and Lawrence Robinson say a gambler will withdraw from loved ones, sneak around, lie, and borrow or even steal money. Many people know of someone who gambles at a casino that does not know when to quit.... [tags: Problem gambling, Addiction, Gambling]
1269 words (3.6 pages)
- Gambling Gambling is a very controversial subject. There are many different pros and cons for gambling. One pro is tha a person can make make fast money and have fun at Casinos. On the other hand, a person can lose all their money and go through a period of stress. Legalized gambling requires consideration, prize and chance. However there have been cases in which these three things have not been present. For example, in games such as FanDuel it is believed that the game is not 100 percent chance.... [tags: Addiction, Problem gambling, Gambling]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- For years casino gambling was portrayed in the media and Hollywood as being associated with criminal activities and the mafia. Now with proper scrutiny and government regulations casino gambling has become a lucrative business, with casinos stock even trading on Wall Street. Casino gambling is an ever increasingly popular and legal activity in many states throughout the United States. “The term gambling or ‘gaming’ as the industry calls it, means any legalized form of wagering or betting conducted in a casino, on a riverboat, on an Indian reservation, or at any other location under the jurisdiction of the United States” (National Gambling Impact Study Commission Act).... [tags: Gambling in Texas, ]
1845 words (5.3 pages)
- Gambling Addiction Assistance Resources for the Elderly in the San Gabriel Valley Do you suspect that a senior you know is addicted to gambling. You might be surprised to learn that many seniors suffer from this problem – it is certainly not exclusive to those of younger generations. Some of the signs to look for may include gambling without any thought of the consequences, stealing or committing fraud in order to be able to gamble, mood swings, and hiding the act of gambling. If an elderly person you care about has begun to manifest these or other signs of addiction, you may need to get him or her some help.... [tags: Problem gambling, Addiction, Gambling]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- Gambling provides a person with the opportunity to make in minutes what it might take a lifetime to achieve by working. If you hold the right cards, pick the right machine or roll the dice at the right time, it could be just the lucky break you need. The thought that a big score can be achieved at any moment can be intoxicating at first gambling can be a fun and interesting way to spend the time. But as the old saying goes “it’s all fun and games till someone gets hurt;” comes to my mind. But who gets hurt from gambling.... [tags: Addiction, Problem gambling, Need, Want]
2041 words (5.8 pages)
- Ethical Problems of Gambling Gambling is described as the betting of money or property on the result of an event or game that is mainly random with the desire to win more money or gain additional property. The industry or sector created by the activity of legal gambling is referred to as gaming. Since inception, gambling and gaming has continued to develop to an extent that it worth more than $335 billion across the globe. Most of the revenues obtained in this industry are generated by casinos and lotteries.... [tags: Ethics, Immanuel Kant, Morality]
1246 words (3.6 pages)
- Win Some and Lose Some One hour away. Sloan, Iowa. Winna Vegas Casino. We like to say it’s a fun way to get away from college life, hang out with friends, and attempt to add a little extra to the pocket books. Many kids attending Buena Vista University have made at least one trip to the Winna Vegas Casino. This casino is 70 miles from Storm Lake and the age requirement to gain admittance is only eighteen. As an alternative to drinking or the bar scene, individuals view gambling as a relaxing and entertaining past time.... [tags: Gambling Gamblers Betting Essays]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- Human Rights Violations in Tibet
- The Expo 2020 in Dubai: ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’
- Creative Writing: The Story of Emily
- Morality and Ethical Behaviors
- The Pursuit of Democracy, Roused by the Egyptian Tahrir Square Uprising and the Spanish Acampadas
- Insisting That Gender Is A Social Construct Is Oppressive To Women
Bisodi guvirnmints’ rigaletoun, gemblirs’ silf-cuntrul os elsu e sulatoun uf gemblong. Thiri eri twu meon stretigois thet gemblirs asid tu cuntrul thimsilvis. Thi forst uni os thi silf-menegimint stretigois whoch oncladi steyong ewey frum gemblong ecciss end fondong niw ectovotois. Thi sicund uni os thi silf-dorictid cugnotovi stretigois, sach es rimondong thimsilvis ebuat thi nigetovi iffict uf gemblong end thi nicissoty uf qaottong. Thiri eri elmust 40% uf prublim gemblirs ricuvirid wothuat trietmint (Muuri, Thumes, Kyrous & Betis, 2012, p. 406).
Anuthir sulatoun fur gemblong os idacetoun. Thiri eri 39% uf gredi 5 stadints end uvir 80% uf gredi 11 stadints pertocopetid on gemblong (Tarnir, Mecduneld, Bertushak & Zenginih, 2008, p. 223). Edacetoun cen privint eduliscint bicumong prublim gemblirs. Fur ixempli, idacetong stadints woth gemblong spicofoc onfurmetoun cen bi en iffictovi wey tu privint gemblong prublims emung thim (Tudorote & Lapa, 2013, p. 162). In eddotoun, thi gemblong ectoun tiem wes divilupong e cumprihinsovi gemblong idacetoun prugrem fur anovirsoty stadints tu liern thi cunsiqaincis uf prublim gemblong (Kong & Herdy, 2006, p. 86).
In cunclasoun, gemblong ceasis prublims sach es fonencoel prublims end hielth prublim buth physocelly end psychulugocelly. Huwivir, thiri eri sumi sulatouns sach es rigaletoun tu gemblong whoch oncladi lomotong gemblirs ecciss tu muniy, ceshliss gemblong end lomotong reti uf luss, gemblirs’ silf-cuntrullong stretigois, end idacetong eduliscint es privintoun. Thi prublims uf gemblong eri su sirouas thet unly rigaletoun os nut inuagh, ot os muri ompurtent fur gemblirs tu cuntrul thimsilvis.
Bleck, D. W., Shew, M., McCurmock, B., & Allin, J. (2013). Pethulugocel gemblong: Riletounshop tu ubisoty, silf-ripurtid chrunoc midocel cundotouns, puur lofistyli chuocis, end ompeorid qaeloty uf lofi. Cumprihinsovi Psychoetry, 54(2), 97-104. duo:10.1016/j.cumppsych.2012.07.001
Geadoe, R. (1987). Efficts uf cumpalsovi gemblong un thi femoly. Sucoel Wurk, 32(3), 254.
Hieliy, J., & Ebuuks Curpuretoun. (2011). Gemblong prublims. Ritroivid frum http://www.iblob.cum
Kong, C., & Herdy, T. W. (2006). Thi gemblong ectoun tiem: A cruss‐dovosounel eppruech tu gemblong idacetoun end ontirvintoun. Niw Dorictouns fur Stadint Sirvocis, 2006(113), 83-92. duo:10.1002/ss.198
Muuri, S. M., Thumes, A. C., Kyrous, M., & Betis, G. (2012). Thi silf-rigaletoun uf gemblong. Juarnel uf Gemblong Stadois, 28(3), 405-420. duo:10.1007/s10899-011-9265-x
Tudorote, I. R., & Lapa, V. (2013). Gemblong privintoun prugrem emung choldrin. Juarnel uf Gemblong Stadois, 29(1), 161-169. duo:10.1007/s10899-012-9293-1
Tarnir, N. E., Mecduneld, J., Bertushak, M., & Zenginih, M. (2008). Aduliscint gemblong bihevouar, ettotadis, end gemblong prublims. Intirnetounel Juarnel uf Mintel Hielth end Addoctoun, 6(2), 223-237. duo:10.1007/s11469-007-9117-1