Visualize a time where all the children and teens attended a school that would have no teachers or peers. This is how it would feel if the children attend online school everyday. Many people think that online schooling would really help them but it really ends up being a bigger challenge. When a student takes an online course, they have to be on a computer all day and that is the only way they learn. The courses will charge the user a huge fee for attending their online classes even though they hardly do anything for the consumers. Students usually do not have many friends doing the same thing, so they will not be able to help each other. Online schooling is not a great option for students because online schooling creates an isolation from everyone else, students must be extremely organized and be time-manageable which is not an easy thing for everyone, and online program can be very costly for some families.
First, online schooling is a bad option because it creates isolation from everything. This is bad because the students will be alone and away from people. According to Steve Pahl, “Many young people enjoy activities like student clubs, sporting events and prom, none of which are of are offered through online high schools” (Pahl). With online schooling students will never get the opportunity to go to a dance with a girl or go to a football game with your friends. Research from The Trouble with Online Education, “ A large lecture class can also create genuine intellectual community. Students will always be running across other who are also enrolled, and they’ll break the ice with a chat about it and maybe they’ll go on from there” (The Trouble With Online Education). Therefore, the benefits of a ...
... middle of paper ...
...grams can be very costly for some families. It would be beneficial to think about this when making the decision, is online education really the best? To make a difference everyone has to stop enrolling children in online programs and enroll them into public schools instead. It will lead to maximum success for their current time and for their future. Therefore, the future generation is better off attending public schools than attending to online classes.
“An Online High School Vs. a Traditional High School Diploma: Some Pros and Cons.” Ed. Steve Pahl. Educational-portal, 2003. Web. 12 Nov. 2013.
Press, The Associated. “The Trouble with Online Education.” The New York Times. The New York Times, 19 July 2012. Web. 12 Nov. 2013.
“Ten Disadvantages of Online Courses.” Ten Disadvantages of Online Courses. Montgomery College, 2013. Web. 12 Nov. 2013
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Since the beginning of creation human seeks essential consciousness of their environment which they live and it gives certain potentials that help to shape life style. Children are the future leaders to the society because; they have the key to change and turn the society to a successful future. Therefore, while parents play a major role in the up-bringing of a child as they get older, it is also the duties of the family members and the community as a whole to provide them with a better upbringing.... [tags: Violence, Media violence research, Poverty]
1164 words (3.3 pages)
- Children are our future and for their future and therefore, ours to be a bright one, they must have a positive beginning. There have been many studies about the plight of the poor and the language/ comprehension gap between them and their more affluent classmates. Many programs have been started in an attempt to eliminate the word gap between children of different socioeconomic background; nothing seems to be a permanent solution. The web site zero to three states “A child’s brain undergoes an amazing period of development from birth to three producing 700 new neural connections every second.... [tags: Working class, Wealth, Social class, Poverty]
823 words (2.4 pages)
- ... When I’m preparing to teach my students I always try to find a way to engage them in the lesson, anything that will spark their interest in the subject being thought. I feel that if you can’t find something that excites your students, more than likely you are not excited about it yourself. The most effective methods for teaching are collaboration, relevance and action. I know this because this I how I learned therefore this I how I teach. The most important aspects of my teaching are preparation, student’s engagement which ultimately leads to student success.... [tags: teacher, philosophy, learning]
1535 words (4.4 pages)
- There has been a time when children caught less attention of researches and marketers as consumers because of the limited disposable money they possess (Ward, 1974) and the inconsequential opinions they can express. Things are changing substantially nowadays, in fact, children play a significant and unique part as consumers today, not only because they have more freely controlled pocket money than they did before, but also because more and more parents respect their children’s opinions, regard their children as independent thinkers and take their children’s advice into consideration while making buying decisions.... [tags: Consumer Socialization Essays]
3417 words (9.8 pages)
- The Future of Children Visualize a time where all the children and teens attended a school that would have no teachers or peers. This is how it would feel if the children attend online school everyday. Many people think that online schooling would really help them but it really ends up being a bigger challenge. When a student takes an online course, they have to be on a computer all day and that is the only way they learn. The courses will charge the user a huge fee for attending their online classes even though they hardly do anything for the consumers.... [tags: online schooling, education, isolation, cost]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- Homeschooled Children Are Our Future Parents are taking the control of their children 's education back. According to Dr. Brian D. Rey, of NHERI, "There are about 2.2 million home-educated students in the United States." Every year the number of homeschooling families increases. Parents are constantly surveying for the best curriculum for their children. Second only to a parent 's devotion to their child 's education, choosing an effective curriculum is the most crucial component in successful homeschooling.... [tags: Education, Homeschooling, Learning, Teacher]
1303 words (3.7 pages)
- The turbulent history of education improvement in Alberta is one filled with the focus on factory needs, importance of Christianity, and now innovative new ideas based primarily on the students. An emphasis on agreeing with guidelines for education to focus primarily on the students will be evident throughout this essay. There are certain ideals in which education must focus on, especially when thinking about the future. This essay will promote certain aims on dealing with education and the best interest of the students.... [tags: preparing children for the future and technology]
2401 words (6.9 pages)
- Children's Health: The Key to the Future As human beings living together on the same planet, all countries have a global responsibility to be concerned with the health and safety of its inhabitants. Throughout history, many nations have faced domestic or international turmoil with economical and political crises that have led to poor health outcomes. Some developing regions of the world have faced greater disease process and higher mortality rates than economically more stable countries. In response to improving the overall health status of the world, the 191 United Nation members developed the Millennium Development Goals in 2000.... [tags: Health ]
1710 words (4.9 pages)
- ... And the girls section age 10 to 18, the Bund Deutcher Madel (the league of German Girls). 1933 was the year that changed the future of the HJ. Hitler was appointed Chancellor on January 30, 1933 and formally entered office in March of 1933. Hitler then disbanded over 400 youth groups and encouraged the youths’ for the canceled groups to join the HJ. Due to Hitler’s demolishing of Germany youth groups by 1933 the Hitler Youth membership had enlisted over 25,000 boys aged 14 and up along with the junior branch and the League of German Girls.... [tags: children, future, brainwash, military]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Children: Tomorrow’s Future Introduction Let children be children, is not only a popular phrase heard in education, but it is also my motto. Yes, it is true, today’s children are tomorrow’s future; but how we choose to raise our children determines the outcome of our future. Many believe academics should be stressed more in schools, taking away from children’s playtime. I feel that play is what molds a child. Play allows not only a child’s imagination to run freely, but builds and strengthens children’s motor, language, cognitive, and social emotional development skills.... [tags: Education Kids Teaching Papers]
3210 words (9.2 pages)