The function of the service is to study and learn how to apply scriptural lessons to everyday life in order to become the best version of yourself while living a Christian life. The services also teach and encourage a strong personal relationship with God.
There were no apparent structures of inequality that I noticed. Unlike the Catholic Church I attend in Green Valley, younger community members are welcomed. This could have to do with the fact the Pastor has three young boys. He encourages a diverse population in his church and the encouragement of children to attend and be a part of the community is stressed and an important aspect of this diversity. As a resident of the Green Valley/ Sahuarita/ Amado area my entire life, I can say the communities surrounding the retirement communities are growing with young families and the atmosphere both in the church I attend (Our Lady of the Valley Catholic Church), as well as Desert Lutheran, are gaining a younger population. I was pleased to see that this church is more welcoming than Our Lady of the Valley when it comes to the younger population. The church service was very welcoming. I was treated as if I had been attending Desert Lutheran always. I went fairly unnoticed as a new face which leads me to believe the church receives a fair amount of newcomers.
Desert Lutheran offers both what they call traditional and contemporary worship services. I don’t feel the traditional form of worship has changed much in the past 200 years. However, the contemporary brings new music into the fold as well as a more relaxed, less formalized atmosphere. During a traditional worship service, Pastor Overson has formal garb, similar to a priest in the Catholic Church. Howeve...
... middle of paper ...
...omers become members of the church each year, including how many visitors he feels he gets each week. Another interesting statistic would be how many people who are members of the church are winter visitors and how this effects the church during the summer months. I know this particular church had an expansion about two years ago and I would be curious to know how many new members have arrived since he became pastor at Desert Hills Lutheran.
Overall, I had a pleasant and interesting experience with Desert Hills Lutheran Church of Green Valley. I had some background knowledge of Lutheranism regarding symbolism differences between the Catholic Church and Lutheranism. I also learned about an accepting environment full of diversity both in age and race as well as the effect of modernization on church atmosphere. The message stays the same but the music changes.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- National Health Service is a system operating in the United Kingdom whereby ratepayers contribute to the health care of all, including people who are not citizens and everyone who has been in the UK at the time of them needing treatment. In 1948, the NHS has been established at that time and it has developed to become the world’s largest publicly funded health service. It is also one of the most effective, more equal and more inclusive in the community. Although funding is provided centrally by national taxation the NHS in England, Scotland and Wales are managed separately.... [tags: National Health Service, Health care, Health]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- Functions Service desk The service desk is one of four ITIL functions and is predominantly linked with the Service Operation lifecycle stage. Responsibilities include hold requests and incidents, and providing an interface for other ITSM methods Prime determinations of a service desk contain: Incident control: life-cycle administration of all service requests Communication: keeping a customer up-to-date of improvement and counseling on workarounds The three types of structure for consideration: Local service desk: to meet local business needs – applied only until several sites needing provision services are involved Central service desk: for organizations having several sites – decreas... [tags: Service system, Customer service]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- The company Aramex has both of a positive and negative reflection to the society. The negative point is that the company has some flaws with the delivery process such as being late when delivering the goods from either short or long distances. Most of complaints are from people and companies that Aramex’s time to deliver is too long than ordinary transportation and logistics companies ( comparing to companies that are better than Aramex such as DHL). For people complaints because it may be unofficial delivering to a house or a residential delivery, and the complaint is that the items are not delivered on time.... [tags: transportation services, aramex, customer service]
1295 words (3.7 pages)
- Why customer service is so important for business Whatever your area of business, customer service should be at the centre of your business model for you to be successful. The ability to share customer service experiences online has increased expectations among consumers and put pressure on business owners to provide an outstanding service. Given that customers are the most important aspect of a business – without customers there can be no sales – it makes sense for business owners to put in the effort to offer a friendly, helpful and efficient service.... [tags: Customer service, Sales, Customer, Service]
923 words (2.6 pages)
- Combining Product and Services Understanding how to combine product and service is one of the most important techniques companies have to take advantage of different markets. However, In this journey for increasing of profitability and productivity companies make remarkable mistakes and the journey ends up in a undesirable goal, profit loss. This return is due to unconscious analysis of this technique and formation of the offer. Furthermore, the combination of a product and service is called, bundle, which in favorable cases the companies increase their profitability and decrease the cost of creating this partnership (product and service).... [tags: Marketing, Customer service, Market, Brand]
871 words (2.5 pages)
- Animas Canada Customer service is a vital instrument in the success of companies. Every interaction with a customer can lead to an ongoing relationship and an increase in sales. By providing assistance and sound advice the company aims to take care of the customer needs, therefore creating customer satisfaction. This section will discuss Animas Canada’s commitment to providing quality customer service. It will highlight Animas’ Customer service policies, the implementation of their customer service policies, as well as the value proposition, and the corporate culture of Animas and how it relates to their customer service policies.... [tags: Customer service, Customer, Business terms]
1035 words (3 pages)
- Introduction In today’s economy, the feature of a company’s customer service can signify the difference among success and failure. Good service translates into better customer loyalty, which in turn translates into higher profits and customer profitability. Companies should have strong service management team that can provide and manage the information which is needed to deliver world-class service support as well all the other additional products and services which may require by client as per their business need while delivering incomparable customer satisfaction.... [tags: Economy, Customer Service]
1883 words (5.4 pages)
- • This position oversees the entire service staff, this includes all office and field personnel, as they work to perform the duties assigned to them. • This position requires an intimate knowledge of all areas within the service office and the processes that should be used. It also requires a keen understanding of the field operations and how boilers are constructed, serviced, and repaired. • Oversee and approve all quotes generated out of the Service Department; excluding rental quotes. While the quotes might require additional signatures for approval the Service Manager should be aware and approve of all quotes generated within the service department.... [tags: Discrimination, Employment, The Work]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- Ebony Booth 4726601 Explain the function of the mass media in promoting democracy. To what extent do you think the mass media succeeds in this function. Give TWO reasons for your view. The conditions contributing to democracy have evolved significantly from the idea’s formation in Ancient Greece, where only a limited number of citizens participated. Today millions of people are involved in their countries democratic processes and therefore the process surrounding democracy have too changed. The continuation of modern democracy requires the mass media to connect the governing and the people.... [tags: Mass media, Journalism, News media, Democracy]
1495 words (4.3 pages)
- Would you pay for something that you can’t take home with you. Something that even when have you really don’t. Something that is intangible but is perishable, i.e. if “it” doesn’t get sold within a certain period of time, it disappears. If the question sounds funny, think again. When you fly from Chennai to Bangalore, do you carry the seat back with you home even though you paid for it, you actually bought that seat, not rented it or leased it but actually bought a seat in the plane, Still at the end of the flight the seat isn’t yours to take home.... [tags: India Economy Service Industry]
1178 words (3.4 pages)