Frogs refers to “any of various largely aquatic smooth-skinned tailless leaping amphibians” (Merriam-Webster). Most of these frogs are characterized by a short body, webbed digits [fingers and toes], protruding eyes, and they are extraordinary jumpers with long powerful legs. They are often semi-aquatic or inhabit humid areas because of their permeable skin [allowin...
... middle of paper ...
“Pollution Causing Massive Frog Mutation.” BBC. Inc., Jul 2002. Web. Sep 7 2011. http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/sci_tech/newsid_2117000/2117263.stm
Tyler, Michael. J., Wassersug, R., and Smith, Benjamin, “How Frogs and Human Interact: Influences Beyond Habitat Destruction, Epidemics and Global Warming” n.d. Web. Sep 5 2011.
"Ugly" Salamander Among New Species Found in Ecuador.” National Geographic News Inc., Jun 2009. Web. Sep 5 2011. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/06/090616-ecuador-newspecies-video-vin.html
University of California - Berkeley. “Dying Frogs Sign of a Biodiversity Crisis.” ScienceDaily, Aug17 2008. Web. Sep 7 2011. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/08/080812135654.htm
“Why the Frogs Are Dying.” The Daily Beast, Oct 2006. Web. Sep 5 2011. http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2006/10/15/why-the-frogs-are-dying
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Indicators that may Enhance Community Health Inside any type of community there are many indicators of health, but now I am going to focus only in five of them. The proper good health of communities it is a very strong matter for governments and society in general. This indicators are important because gives us objectives, data, and resources to guide us in what are the mains community problems when we talk about health. The five indicators that I am going to discuss are: access to health services, physical activities, nutrition and weight status, sexual transmitted diseases, and immunization and infectious diseases.... [tags: Indicators, Exercise, Nutrition]
1056 words (3 pages)
- The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines development as the act or process of growing or causing something to grow larger or more advanced. We live in a world that is continuously developing, in ways that we cannot even begin to try to describe. Nonetheless, The World Bank measures indicators of development. To do this, they look at three-hundred and thirty-one different indicators which cover a vast number of areas, including agriculture, aid effectiveness, climate change, economic policy, education, energy and mining, environment, the financial sector, poverty, science and technology, social development, and urban development.... [tags: international political economy, world bank]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- The original tale titled “The Frog King” or “Iron Heinrich” has no written origin. It was passed down orally through the Wild family, of Kassel, and was recorded by the Grimm brothers after Wilhelm Grimm married Dortchen Wild. The mortal of the original fairy tale is keep a promise once it is made. Centuries later Walt Disney’s Animation Studios retold the story under the name The Princess and the Frog in a more modern and embellished the story greatly. They completely changed the moral and most of the storyline.... [tags: Brothers Grimm, Fairy tale, The Frog Prince]
1415 words (4 pages)
- Hop Frog as a Love Story "Hop Frog", by Edgar Allan Poe, is a short story in which the title character, after enduring much abuse by the king, gets revenge in the end. Hop Frog is not only the king's jester, but is also a handicapped dwarf. The king perpetually berates Hop Frog and plays practical jokes on his poor jester. At one point, king and his seven ministers summon Hop Frog before them so that he may give them ideas for an upcoming masquerade. The king forces him to drink wine (which Hop Frog always has an adverse reaction to drinking) and becomes very upset at him.... [tags: Hop Frog Essays]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- ... In the 70’s when Machan was writing this poem conservative ideals and sexism was very prevalent in society. Another topic that Machan discusses about women is the low self-esteem that woman had during her time period. She states on two occasions in her poem “me a princess;/ me;/ a princess;” (l. 13, 24-25) she is using literal language to show how the maids self-esteem is low and can’t even phantom the idea of being a princess. Machan also uses imagery in the first line to illustrate how woman are viewed in the economy as well.... [tags: Fairy tale, Brothers Grimm, The Frog Prince]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- The earth has a lot problems that influence life. Global warming, Species extinction, as well as Ocean acidification that all issues in human’s life. One major issue that has a major impact that should be talked about is Species extinction. This world has many species that keep the balance. When one species begin to die out the other species will reduce too. When this happens humans face the possibility of mass extinction and people can not live in earth anymore. They need to find the way to save them.... [tags: pollution, global warming]
1035 words (3 pages)
- There are a couple ways to spot a psychopath or sociopath living among you. It’s not clear cut, as there are a wide range and different degrees of psychopaths. You can have highly functioning psychopaths that are in full control and don’t really show any signs of their disturbed minds or you could have a complete loose cannon. The Hare Psychopathy Checklist is often looked at to find psychopaths. If a person scores over 30, they can be considered a psychopath. Traits in the checklist include things like irresponsibility, delusions of grandeur, superficial charm, lying, thrill seeking, shallowness, lack of empathy, promiscuity, lack of goals, and many others.... [tags: criminality, violence, behavior]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County is a delightfully entertaining piece of work. The characters are developed beautifully through fantastic descriptions, amusing actions, and mostly through smooth, flowing, and terrific dialogue. The dialogue is, indeed, the main attraction of this event. Simon Wheeler's speech is optimistic, and above all, very friendly. Wheeler tells of Smiley's antics as any great story teller would. Wheeler offers his own observations generously.... [tags: Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County]
497 words (1.4 pages)
- Environmental Science Notes September 2nd * The environment .A biotic (non living) and biotic (living) factors * Natural resources .Renewable, nonrenewable, solar energy watts * Population growth Major environmental problems * Science . A process for learning about the world . Accumulated knowledge that results from this process * Environmental science .Interdisciplinary areas of study .Determine how humanity affects other organisms and the non living physical environment .Develop solution to environmental problems * Scientific method .... [tags: Environmental]
649 words (1.9 pages)
- Economic Indicators Economic indicators are various layers of statistics that provide insight and information into how an economy is functioning. An economist might use economic indicators to paint a picture of current economic performance, or make future economic predictions. As a team, we will profile six economic indicators: Consumer Price Index, Capacity Utilization, Unemployment Rate, Producer Price Index, Interest Rate, and Inflation Rate. Historic charts for each indicator are included in our Power Point Presentation.... [tags: Economics Economy]
1788 words (5.1 pages)