In actuality what are friends? Friends are individuals who are there for everything and make life worth living. In the article, “Friendship: The Laws of Attraction”, critic Karen Karbo proclaims friendships possess various correlations and factors which enable lasting relationships. There are many stages in which relationships have to experiences in order to enable it everlasting quality. The evolution from a common stranger to an acquaintance and finally to a best friend status requires many aspects to be developed within the relationships. The necessary components within any relationship consist of self-disclosure, reciprocity, intimacy, intuitive understanding, social-identity support, communication, supportiveness, and positivity. It is these qualities within any friendship that enable its uniqueness and power. However, not all relationship can be cleanly dissected and examine. But Karen Karbo contends that relationships thrive without much, but all it requires is communication, interaction, and positivity. Nevertheless each relationship has their own blueprint which writes itself. Thus there isn’t a set method in which friendships formulation and retainment; it is all depended on the individuals.
Friendships are constantly forming through various methods in which that distinguish each relationship to be unique. Karbo states that the vital connection within any initial relationship is one’s common similarities in which one another share; while the transitions from acquaintance to friendship are possible through the “increase … [in] breadth and depth of self-disclosure” along with the “necessary reciprocity.” The test within the beginning of a budding relationship is a “reciprocal” one. It is neces...
... middle of paper ...
...s simply deprived all the positivity within our relationship. At first, I thought the cause of the end of our relationship was due to her developing feeling for her now boyfriend. But it is that Amber and I changed. Now Amber doesn’t want to go to college anymore. She wants to start a family with her boyfriend and finish high school. There are many things to consider within a relationship. There can’t be any set ways to define a relationship
Friendship is an untamable object that can be controlled or defined. There are many factors to be consider, thus there won’t even be set out plan for relationships. Each relationship is unique and special in their own ways. There could a common correlation, but that all they are a correlation. It isn’t a set formula to have anything much less a relationship. It is the various exceptions that play a role within any relationship.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Friendship and Loyalty Friendship: the laws of attraction: the conventional wisdom is that we choose friends because of who they are. But it turns out that we actually love them because of the way they support who we are. Everyone must have one best friend who stick with them at any circumstance when the rest are so busy to hear from their friends, or too busy to share the problem. Since people are getting older, they tend to have less and less friends. But, the best friendship is the most precious’s gift that people can have rather than a ton of fake friends, who are not really true relationshion.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Love]
817 words (2.3 pages)
- According to the Random House Dictionary (n.d.), attraction is referred to as allurement or enticement, or in physics terms, a magnetic force between oppositely charged bodies that draws them together. But in a field that is not tangible, such as social psychology, defining attraction is a bit more complex, as there is no magnetic force between humans. There are often no words to explain why one becomes attracted to a specific individual. Psychologists have proposed five factors that best determine attractions.... [tags: socialpsychology, attraction]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- Attraction is more in depth than simply the feeling that you like someone. We meet people that we just seem to be attracted to and those we are repelled by. There are six factors that influence attraction. Each is unique and they all help us to connect and bond with others. These bond and relationships can produce three different types of love. Below we will take a deeper look at factors in attraction, the human need to bond, and the three types of love. Attraction is an emotion that arouses our pleasurable interest.... [tags: romantic love, attraction, bonds, relationship]
931 words (2.7 pages)
- I would define friendship as complete trust and love between two people. Many people believe that this kind of behavior is reciprocated between two individuals without any expectations. A friend is someone who also provides you with support and whom you can rely on to celebrate special moments with. A friend also comes with many great attributes; such as loyalty, honesty, compassion, trust, and morality. Today’s friend is viewed as someone who shares happiness, common values, history, and equality with another.... [tags: Friendship, Virtue, Interpersonal relationship]
1351 words (3.9 pages)
- Confucius considered family ties to be the backbone of functioning societies. To continue the path of becoming an exemplary person (junzi) a person family is to model how they are and should be interacting with their communities. A family model is the bases of Chinese communities. In a family the father is at the top thus being making the boys of the family most important and the main focus of the parents. That’s made clear when the master states “As a younger brother and son, be filial piety (xiao) at home and deferential (di) in the community; be cautious in what you say and then make good on you word (xin).... [tags: honor, family, community, friendship]
1152 words (3.3 pages)
- Development of Friendship Between Roommates The study of relationship and friendship development has become a very popular subject for social psychologists in the past twenty years or more. Social exchange processes, equity, similarity and self-disclosure (which was constructed by social penetration theorists Irwin Altman and Dalmas Taylor), are presupposed to be the main route to relationship and friendship development. According to the article "Development of Friendship Between Roommates", there are some crucial factors for researching a study such as this one, conducted at the University of California, Los Angeles(otherwise known as UCLA).... [tags: Friendship Essay]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- The human survival is based on friendship. From the highest authority to the lowest bums living on the streets all of them have experienced in some way or the other one of these different kinds of friendships. We take this friendship for granted because it is something that exists naturally in society and most of us never really have to actually go out into the world looking for a friend. Those of us who have had to live in a foreign country or in new surroundings have learned how important this is in life.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
506 words (1.4 pages)
- Everyone is affected by certain events or individuals that greatly change their life. Many people have influenced me during my 21 years of my life, but I believe that the person that has influenced my life the most is a wonderful girl by the name of Lindsay Schiller. In the year that I have known her, she has become one of my best friends, and has helped to transform me from a lonely computer nerd into a happy college student with a decent social life. Popular wisdom has it that, "You judge a man by his friends." Earlier in my life, that would have been difficult, because my father was a high school football coach, and it seemed as though every year I was moving to a new s... [tags: Friendship Essay]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Friendship I jumped into my bed, exhausted from my late-night babysitting job. It was past midnight, and I was looking forward to sleeping since I had to get up for work in about eight hours. Normally, I would have pulled my big, fluffy down comforter up to my chin right away, but my body felt as if it were on fire with fever. A bad cold had hit me, just as it always does during the mid-spring season. I could hardly breathe, and my head was pounding. I tossed and turned until I finally fell asleep about an hour later.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- Friends "Friends have a unique loyalty to one another. This loyalty comes not through a sense of duty in the way one may show loyalty to family, kinsfolk or country. Theirs is born out of love, trust and respect. Nurtured on care and understanding. A perfect loyalty that will survive every hardship and endure the rigorous test of time." --Stuart and Linda Macfarlane-- The Love Between Friends, a Helen Exley gift book Friends, some are just acquaintances, others I truly care about. A select few of my friends have become like brothers and sisters.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
1409 words (4 pages)