A good friend must be kind because being kind is when they look out for you no matter what! If they hear girls talking about you, they are the friends that stop them. Friends look out for you even when you are arguing. A friend understands that you may not always get along but you should always try and be there for them and look out for them. Although this can be difficult at times, it proves how kind and loving you are. Another part of being kind is listening to one and another. Sometimes we don't care about what are friends have to say, but listening is really important. Listening shows that you value their friendship. Some friends only talk about themselves and never listen to your problems; that is not a good friend. Listening to each other helps you learn about the person as it shows character and tells that person you can count on them. In addition, being a ...
... middle of paper ...
...in trouble. They are someone that will be there when you just need someone to talk. You can rely on them to show you they care, and be there till the end.
A good friend may not have all these traits. If someone is a gossip, you shouldn't get too close with him or her. If they are known for betrayal and being dishonest you should think about it and probably take one step away from them. According to the site “Being Friends,” friends should listen to each other, not put each other down to hurt one another, understand each others feelings, disagree without hurting each other, and be dependable and trustworthy. When finding friends you should look out for the good and the bad. See which traits are most important to you and make sure your friends have more good than bad traits. This will create compatible friends for you who hopefully remain with you for a lifetime!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When I think about what makes someone a good friend, I think about all the characteristics of my own friends. My personal definition of a friend, is someone who is always looking out for me, and will help me if I’m in trouble. A friend has to be someone I trust and who trusts me in return. Another important characteristic in a friend is someone who I can talk to, and makes me laugh. One of the most important traits of a friend, is someone who will help you if you need it. One personal experience I had with this was when my friends, Mark, Steve, and I we all out driving around late at night.... [tags: Friendship Essays]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- A friend is someone difficult to find. A friend is someone you can always count on when times are tough. The dictionary's definition of a good friend is a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard. A good friend is there when you are struggling. For example, when a boy breaks your heart a good friend walks you through it and offers a shoulder to cry on. According to Bree Neff, a good friend is someone who is trustworthy, doesn't talk behind your back, listens to your problems, gives good advice and tries to lend humor along with his or her support.... [tags: Friendship Essay, Personal Narrative]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- The cause of most problem in our society, such as, but not limited to, divorce, suicide, and obesity are often thought to trace back to big problems such as deficiency, misery, or stress but researchers suggest we are overlooking something crucial: friendship. Aristotle, a philosopher, once said, “In poverty and other misfortunes of life, true friends are a sure refuge. They keep the young out of mischief; they comfort and aid the old in their weakness, and they incite those in the prime of life to noble deeds” (Collingwood, 2006).... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Love]
792 words (2.3 pages)
- We live in a world where we need friends to spend our life happily. Some people say you don’t need friends in your life. I even heard saying from people that friends are waste of time and friends are not loyal to you. Each person has its own thinking and ideas how he or she thinks about particular idea. But I personally believe that we all need friends in our life. It then depends what kind of friends you make. If you will make good friends you will have good consequences in life. Whereas if you don’t make good friends in life you will not have good consequences in life.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Virtue]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- Colby Sumblin grew up in a small town called Kinston. His school didn’t have more than five-hundred kids in grades K-12. His father’s side owns farmland and are known in the agriculture in Alabama and his mom’s side they are known for their businesses in Enterprise for fixing machinery. Colby is one of those guys who tried to make the fun out of any situation. Enjoying life being fun with others is what Colby loves. But his fun with others isn’t all just games; it’s helping others and giving others a hand with their problems too.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Need]
915 words (2.6 pages)
- In terms of psychology, Labels are literally defined as characteristics that every individual is made up of or consists of. The constituents of a society comprises of people with different labels. Different people grows different mentality growing up in a society either positive or negative. Labels always helps to define the people but labels are not people at all. It is always fun to label people because it describes the personal behavior of the people. During my high school my friends, family gave me many labels like friendly, music lover, sport lovers, rider and music lover which describes my character and I also agree with many of them.... [tags: Friendship, Love, Interpersonal relationship]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- Many people struggle with feelings of loneliness or depression. Surprisingly, this can be due to a lack of social support, or in more real terms, a lack of real friends. Many people, who have hundreds of followers on their social sites, think that they have friends, but the truth is, people need to have personal, in person, relationships. People who have personal relationships have more enriched lives and lean on the fact that someone is there for them. People without friends are known to die earlier, and suffer deep emotional pain from many mental conditions such as depression and chronic loneliness.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Friendship, Love]
1403 words (4 pages)
- There are many valuable things in life like family, sports, school but what about friendship. To live life without friendship is something no one should ever go through. Friendship is a necessity to living a successful life. Friendship occurs when someone is a supporter, gives assistance, and is attached to someone all the while genuinely taking care of them when they are hurt (The definition of friend, 1995-2002). A good and healthy friendship can be defined fro individuals as when someone has his or her own support system, a friend being loyal, and will always have genuine and mutual trust.... [tags: Love, Friendship, Interpersonal relationship]
870 words (2.5 pages)
- Friendships is a distinctively personal relationship that is grounded in a concern on the role of each individual for the benefit of the other, for other’s sake, which involves some degree of intimacy. Aristotle evaluates the question of whether friendships should or should not be broken off when the other individual changes a sense of personality. Friendship is impossible when there is too great a gap between people and often two friends will grow apart if one becomes more virtuous than the other.... [tags: Friendship, Virtue, Nicomachean Ethics]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- There are many valuable things in life, but friendship may be the most valuable. To live life without the experience of friendship, is not living. Human interaction is a necessity to survival, but developed friendships are essential to the successful well being of anyone. Based upon the American Heritage Dictionary, the definition of a friend is, ?A person whom one knows, likes and trusts.. But to all, Friendship has no defined terminology. The definition of a friend, and friendship, is based upon oneself?s own notions.... [tags: Friendship Essays]
1034 words (3 pages)