For some people, the bachelor’s degree represents the culmination of four years of commitment, hard work, and sacrifice. With the exception of certain two year degrees like nursing, occupational therapy, dental hygiene, x-ray technology, and cardiovascular technology; the bachelor’s degree has become the standard entry level qualification. A bachelor’s degree sets a person apart from those with just a high school degree or an associate’s of arts. I mention associate’s of arts because it’s usually a prerequisite to be able to finish up a bachelor’s degree. For example here in Florida, completing an associate’s of arts degree at a community college allows guaranteed entry to a state college.
Additionally, for many students, their future inc...
... middle of paper ...
...ifetime earnings. The promotional opportunities afforded by having a master’s degree are usually positions above middle management. Positions like senior management or executive type positions become open to master’s degree holders. Regardless of a person’s chosen field a master’s degree expands upon knowledge, makes a person more marketable, and it allows continuance to a higher degree such as a doctoral education.
As you can see from the compare and contrast of a four year degree to a master’s degree, they are both naturally attached to one another. A four year degree is needed to open up those doors to be able to earn a master’s degree. In this day’s age of employers becoming increasingly selective, a four year degree would make a candidate competitive for employment. However the person that earned their master’s degree will always have the upper hand.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Information Technology: Certifications or Degrees; Why Not Obtain Both As society becomes increasingly reliant on technology to facilitate our everyday life, the Information Technology profession, more commonly known as IT (Webmaster, 2014), is the fastest growing industry in the world with an abundant of career opportunities within. The IT professional has the potential to develop a prosperous career that will create and sustain job stability, offer financial growth, and establish self-accomplishment.... [tags: Higher education, Academic degree]
1632 words (4.7 pages)
- Several authors have already reviewed the existing literature surrounding the factors which influence the creation of CCB’s. This literature review will include recent works and update what is currently available. From the currently available items, both Essink (2013) and Petry (2006) provide elegant literature reviews on this topic and also include the history of community colleges, the evolution of their missions and an overview of the research done up until this point regarding the CCB. By far the most comprehensive literature review, however, comes from Petrosian (2010).... [tags: College, Education, Students, Degrees]
1923 words (5.5 pages)
- College life is a journey taken by many high school graduate in effort to explore a higher form of education, and most importantly build a new life outside the boundaries of their families to sustain a long path of toward successful career and to some, building a new family of their own. In the United State we are blessed with an education system that is never available worldwide. Laws are placed to allow every students regardless of ethnicity, gender or class a chance to pursue education in among the most prestigious universities in the world such as Ivy League school as well as many large public universities with many programs.... [tags: college life, high school graduate]
1208 words (3.5 pages)
- The film Declining by Degrees effectively argues its claim that all is not right in higher education. They do this by interviewing countless professors and students that still attend college or that have recently graduated or dropped out. Their use of personal experiences, statistics, and expert opinions helps build their credibility and emotional appeal for the viewers of the documentary. The main audience for this documentary being anyone who cares about college, parents, students, and even the professors and staff at colleges in the United States.... [tags: Higher education, High school, College]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Differences in Competencies in ADN and BSN degrees. Education has a strong outcome on everyone, and nursing is a profession that makes sure that everyone that is being called a nurse goes through the best kind of education that is available. Nursing helps to nurture human by providing humane services for all. There are different levels of education in nursing; an associate’s degree, a baccalaureate degree, master’s degree and so on. So it is very important to understand the differences between all these degrees since each certified nursing program carries educational and professional requirements that are expected to be carried out.... [tags: Nursing ]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- I believe that the availability of online degrees has drastically changed the idea of higher education and I would like to share my ideas with you. At one time, colleges would offer a few courses online to help students complete their degree with ease. Now, however, the popularity of this option has grown to the point that most colleges offer students the chance to complete their entire degree online. These courses are appealing to students for several different reasons: convenience, ability to move at their own pace, and the ability to hold down their full time jobs are just a few of them.... [tags: Higher education, Academic degree, University]
845 words (2.4 pages)
- The Many Career Opportunities For Recipients Of Degrees In Mathematics I have chosen to do Possibility 7. It states that once a person decides to study mathematics they are limited to the possible fields of work that is available to them. According to this statement the only possible jobs are teaching jobs at the school, college, and university levels. It also talks about how this can be dull to some and how a person can't become a millionaire this way. I am in total opposition of this statement.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Papers]
1049 words (3 pages)
- A higher education is considered as the key to achieving academic success and economic success in our society. Higher level of education succeeding a re associated to higher and lower income rates of unemployment, and the gain gap between two year colleges and four year colleges. Without splitting up financial aid, the cost of tuition and fees at two year college is less than half of the tuition and fees at public four year or private four year institution. This research will prove doing two degrees will advantage for first generation .... [tags: remediation, tuition costs, higher education]
1703 words (4.9 pages)
- As you walk to the other end of the stage and look out into the sea of blue and gold corduroy, you realize this it. This is the moment you’ve worked toward for the last four years. You’ve stayed long hours after school working on you record book, spent grueling hours memorizing speeches, experienced the joy of winning first place at a state CDE contest, and best of all you met so many amazing people and doors were opened to opportunities you never imagined. Finally, after all of your hard work, you’re receiving your State FFA Degree.... [tags: FFA, organization, education, degrees]
1095 words (3.1 pages)
- ... This very often causes a decrease in these students GPA and consequently increases the number of dropouts in the long run. Other times, it will take these students double the time to complete their degrees. Students are faced to deal with these problems when deciding whether continuing their education is the right choice. In today’s competitive climate, there is no time to waste. The US as a nation is being left behind by other governments that have focused on funding education. Students in other nations are taking advantage of the educational tools and services available to them in order to progress in life.... [tags: education, cost, college degrees]
636 words (1.8 pages)