The Four Key Behavioral and Social Styles
The key in any relationship is to understand why people
act and react the way they do towards each other. By
understanding behavioral social styles and identifying
which best describe yourself and those around you, you
can create better communication and understanding
between family, friends, co-workers and business
Although creating a productive and cohesive team is the
goal in most business relationships, it is not always the
easiest thing to accomplish. One reason companies send
their management teams for training is so they can
understand the different social behaviors so that they can
help to create a better work environment for co-workers
and their employees. Sales people and business owners
who desire to improve their sales and management skills and earn a better living have learned that the art of
relating could be the difference between making the sale, not loosing a good employee to getting that
promotion; even getting along with your spouse better.
One of the greatest secrets giving you an advantage when dealing with people is the ability to understand why
others respond to the way you respond during conversations. Once you understand the different social styles
you will have a better idea of how to not only successfully get your point across but also increase your chances
of getting a favorable response.
The more you can mirror a person’s social style when delivering your message, the greater the chances that
they will be able to receive it favorably, therefore, respond favorably. Improving your ability to relate with each
person you deal with will increase personal and business success. Wouldn’t it be great if every...
... middle of paper ...
person. This doesn’t mean always giving in, but adjusting your social style as a manner of self-presentation to
help the other person feel more comfortable with you. Once you have allowed yourself to make the other social
styles feel more comfortable the likelihood of having your message accepted is far more likely. When everyone
strives to understand and communicate more effectively with each other, the entire climate will improve and it
is more likely everyone will be happier and more productive.
Always remember, if you want to gain the favor of everyone around you making them feel comfortable and
understood, the power of being relationally versatile will create that environment. If you invest the time to
understand and relate to the people in your life, you can avoid many time consuming conflicts; saving time,
money & relationships in the long run.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Parenting Styles Stating the obvious, every parent raises their offspring differently. With the factors of the environment, financial stability and even how the parents/grandparents were raised can affect how people raise their offspring. Curfews, chores and attention might sound familiar to some, and to others not so much. Parents choose how to raise their offsprings with certain standards and beliefs whether those parents realize this or not. There are four basic types of parenting styles that are seen in everyday life.... [tags: Parenting styles, Parenting, Childhood]
704 words (2 pages)
- I decided to write on this subject since I was taught this topic in earlier classes and learned from that textbook some of the information that I pulled from my reference materials. I was familiar with this topic and had some earlier notions and wanted to see if my views and understanding changed with a broader knowledge base. At the time I studied this previously I found it to be an interesting and complex subject. The four styles of parenting or child-rearing are authoritative parenting, permissive parenting, authoritarian parenting, and uninvolved,sometimes referred to as neglectful, parenting.... [tags: Parenting styles, Parenting, Childhood, Parent]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- There are countless factors, each significant, that play a part in molding and developing a child’s mind. The education system, the economic standing, the number of siblings, and the type of environment the child grows up in all play a role in the development of his or her personality traits. However, the most important aspect of raising a child comes into play at home, with the parenting style employed by the child’s mother and/or father. The four most recognized parenting styles – Baumrind’s authoritarian, permissive, authoritative, and uninvolved styles – all impact a child’s habits, strengths, weaknesses, and personality traits.... [tags: Parenting styles, Parenting, Childhood]
1729 words (4.9 pages)
- Censorship in Parenting Parents have a hard decision to make for their children when they are very young. They have to deicide what parenting style is best to raise their kids. The most important part of growing up is having that censorship to guide you in making the right decisions. Censorship is indeed needed for a child to grow and develop a well educated mind. In order for the child to be healthy, act respectfully, and have positive role models, you need censorship. Parents who are going to censor their kids, will have to pick a style of parenting.... [tags: Parenting styles, Childhood, Parenting, Nutrition]
954 words (2.7 pages)
- The family system and parents are generally regarded as one of the most powerful forces in shaping adolescents. Parents have a great influence in the development of adolescents. The relationship of the parents largely effect the development of adolescents and is an important factor when looking at development. Well-adjusted adolescents tend to have intact families that are supportive and create a warm and loving environment with constant monitoring of behavior. The review examines the current research on adolescent development and how it is effected by parenting styles.... [tags: Child Psychology, Family]
1801 words (5.1 pages)
- Every year millions of children are abused and neglected worldwide. Child abuse is a global concern. It has severe outcomes on the children who are victims, and often the effects are long-lasting. Child abuse is a highly under-reported crime although of those reported, neglect accounts for the majority of child abuse cases (Pala, Ünalacak, & Ünlüoğlu, 2011). Neglect in children often has more dire consequences than other types of child abuse (DePanfilis, Children’s Bureau, & Office on Child Abuse & Neglect, 2006).... [tags: Attachment Disturbances in Neglected Children]
1904 words (5.4 pages)
- Bullying is a serious problem in our schools and takes place in many different forms. These can include physical aggression or direct bullying such as the hitting form and in the indirect type of bullying such as the verbal taunting, exclusion from peer activities and rumor spreading. Kids are subjected to these different types of bullying daily and for some victims it has negative effects on their grades, their personal life and their mental health as research has found that victims of bullying have higher rates of depression and suicide.... [tags: behavioral analysis, prediction of behavior]
607 words (1.7 pages)
- Decision making can be involved in every situation we experience, even when deciding what to eat for lunch. People and companies are surrounded by countless decisions on a daily basis. Decisions can be contemplated in different ways from different perspectives. By definition, decision-making is the selection of a procedure to weight alternatives and find a solution to a problem. Needless to say, certain situations may require various decision making styles in order to provide effectiveness. A decision-making style is defined as how an individual perceives and comprehends stimuli and the general manner in which he or she chooses to respond to such information.... [tags: Decision making, Risk, Cognition]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- Overview There have been many people who have tried to explain the relationship that a mother and a baby form. One such person was John Bowlby, who suggested that attachment is a mutual relationship between the infant and the caregiver (Parke & Clarke-Stewart, 2014). Infants use their parents as a secure-base so that they can explore the world, which is just the beginning the the infant-caregiver interaction. Bowlby’s contemporary, Mary Ainsworth also studied infants and established a paradigm to classify the parent-child bond based on attachment styles.... [tags: Child abuse, Attachment theory, Domestic violence]
1427 words (4.1 pages)
- Leadership styles can be divided, primarily, into the two categories of democratic and authoritarian leadership styles. This study will examine the three democratic styles of transformational, servant, and charismatic leadership. The study will both broaden the knowledge of these forms of leadership and examine their effect on performance, engagement, and job satisfaction. The research will further attempt to properly define each style, identify their goals, and effect on innovation. The styles will ultimately be compared and measured against one another to determine their merits and perils.... [tags: Leadership, Charismatic authority, Charisma]
1487 words (4.2 pages)