In the year 1934 San Diego was faced with the perils of a tough economy and were seeking for ways to improve their economic status. The ways in which they were trying to accomplish this was by promoting tourism and investment within the city . The city of San Diego saw cities like Chicago experience outstanding success with their Century of Progress exposition and decided to implement a plan to hold an exposition of their own. The city of San Diego chose the Ford Building to be the space for such an event. It was in the year 1935 that the event came to fruition.
In 1935 San Diego hosted a World Fair that was similar to the World Fair hosted in Chicago the year prior. Chicago experienced a boost in tourism and investment in the city due to the event and San Diego was interested in obtaining like results. The Ford exposition was originally not going to be part of the event, but just three months prior to opening day the Ford Company came aboard and decided to offer an exposition modeling their old and newer cars, pres...
... middle of paper ...
...ties, because like the cities they needed to also generate revenue, and this was a way for them to put there name in the public eye and advertise their product. While it was not an overt advertising ploy, it seems as if it was a way to obtain name recognition in a time where many commodities and companies were faltering.
Today the Ford Building is now the San Diego Air and Space Museum in Balboa Park in San Diego. Looking at the building todays offers little evidence that at one time it was where the Ford Motor Company showcased their older and newer model automobiles. The building carries significance because the place existed in a time where the United States, as well as the city of San Diego, faced different circumstances and struggles. The Ford Building offers another insight into the Depression and how it affected people, businesses, and cities in the period.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Ford 427 FE model engine was intentionally made for drag racing. The frame is large but,light weigh for a better performance. It weights between 120 and 195 pounds depending on the materials it is constructed of. The rear end is lifted for better air flow( super motor sports ) .The engine is present in Thunderbolt, Galaxy, and Fair lane ( ford motor Co ) This engine has the ability to reach a speed of 185 miles per hour. It also has overhead cams causing the engine to move faster. It would have cost around 10,000 dollars at the most expensive and 20,000 dollars the the lower end.... [tags: navy seals, performance, ford]
591 words (1.7 pages)
- It seems like most cars on the road today are Fords. No matter the shape nor model the iconic blue logo always Seems to stand out. Ford began in 1890 when its legendary founder Henry Ford built the first ever Quadricycle. In 1903 Ford Motor company becomes incorporated, and in 1908 Ford introduces the first ever Model T. Fast forward to present day and Ford is still making innovative additions to their vehicles especially when it comes to technology. Over the past 126 years Ford Motor Company has been both successful and profitable. They attribute their success to their work in local communities as well as their ability to Franchise their brand throughout the nation.... [tags: Ford Motor Company, Henry Ford]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- We get around places in different ways. The most useful way of transportation is by the use of vehicles. They have been around for numerous years. In addition, each and every year they come more efficient and technically advanced for the consumers’ personal use. A company that has been around since the first production of cars is the Ford Motor Company. Since 1903 to present day, their vehicles have been efficient to the consumers’ demands. To begin with, in 1903, Henry Ford and eleven other investors founded the Ford Motor Company.... [tags: Ford Motor Company, Assembly line, Henry Ford]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- the only person other than Ford to successfully break in to the automotive industry. (Henry Ford Biography, 2015) The second car produced by Ford was the Model N, a $600 dollar four-cylinder automobile which became the bestselling car in the country. (Henry Ford Biography-Childhood, Life, Achievements & Timeline, 2015) Much of the Ford’s success was due to the assistants that Ford had. James S. Couzens, C.H.Willis, and John and Horace Dodge, the Dodge brothers who would eventually start Dodge motors learned a lot from Ford at this time.... [tags: Ford Motor Company, Henry Ford, Assembly line]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- ... Many people love this feature but some that are not too crazy about it. They prefer traditional old fashioned knobs. Some say it is distracting, but the world is becoming more advanced and many things are becoming obsolete and advancing. My ford and my Lincoln touch is very simple to use. Anybody can do it even your grandma. One thing many people do not know about my ford is the power of sync technology. Sync is right on the steering wheel so you will never have to take your hands off the wheel.... [tags: vehicles, consumers]
665 words (1.9 pages)
- line, built a company upon those unique foundations that pushed through one of America’s hardest financial times. As of 2014 Ford Motor Company ran into another dip in profit due to the competitive market. However, the company is investing into its future by looking into multiple aspects that have high potential in paying off. As of the end of 2015, the company’s total Revenue equated to $149.5 Billion compared to $135 Billion in 2014. The company’s insight on using start up companies and awareness of sustainability could push Ford Motor Company into a much brighter future.... [tags: Ford Motor Company, Automotive industry]
2072 words (5.9 pages)
- An Exposition on Peanut Butter Cookies Have you ever tried to bake peanut butter cookies, and for some reason they were a complete flap because they were dry and crunchy, too moist and crumbly, or perhaps they had a terrible taste. Well, I have discovered this cool new recipe and I have never failed at making them. Have no fear, the ultimate peanut butter cookie recipe is here. We will need the following ingredients: 1c. of brown sugar, 1c. of white sugar, 1c. of margarine or butter, 1c. of peanut butter, 2 large eggs, 1 tsp.... [tags: Exposition Essays]
538 words (1.5 pages)
- The 1920's were a time where North America became modernized. Whether it was the music, the culture or the growth in technology, this time era is known to most people as the point where America advanced itself to become a world renowned country. An advancement that will be focused on is the Ford Model T. During this time owning a car was a symbol of wealth. Henry Ford, the creator of the Model T, made a system that revolutionized the automobile industry as we know it today. Henry Ford made it possible for people with an average income to own a motor vehicle by creating the assembly line and the theory of mass production.... [tags: Cars Automobiles]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
- Ford Motor Company Ford Motor Company, a large United States automotive corporation, strives for success each and every year. The success of Ford Motor Company, as well as other corporations, can be measured by analyzing the two most important goals of management, maintaining adequate liquidity and achieving satisfactory profitability. Liquidity can be defined as having enough money on hand to pay bills when they are due and to take care of unexpected needs for cash, while profitability refers to the ability of business to earn a satisfactory income.... [tags: Ford Transportation Vehicles Automobiles Essays]
2118 words (6.1 pages)
- The following is some of the department, which Ford has;- 1. sale department 2. Production department 3. Finance department 4. Marketing department 5. Human resources 6. Research and design Which each department are in the Ford organisation and how they help Ford become successful;- • Sales department The sale department focuses on the sale of the car i.e. how much the cars are going for etc. Also the sales department helps ford organisation customers with a variety of ways of buying the cars for example if a customer wanted to buy a car but the different of ways which the customer can pay is simple from monthly payments to weekly payments.... [tags: Case Analysis Business Ford]
1104 words (3.2 pages)