Recent Crisis in the National Football League
In 2013, the National Football League was ridiculed and denounced for its handling of domestic violence and child abuse cases surrounding several professional football players. Infractions with the law is nothing new within the NFL. For years, it has been plagued with players charged with murder, drug abuse, driving while intoxicated, having sex with minors, and dog fighting...
... middle of paper ...
... the only way to mitigate the NFL’s crisis.
Football is regarded as America’s favorite past time for many followers. The popularity of the sport and the players is documented and captured on many social media sites. The same social media that build up the league, is also responsible for damaging the reputation. In the past few years, the NFL experienced large amounts of negative press surrounding domestic violence and child abuse allegations. Additionally, the NFL’s leadership was severely criticized for its policies governing the two offenses. The NFL launched a counter attack using social media to draw fans back to the sport. Teams introduced mobile apps and mobile websites to include fans in more aspects of the game. It will take a robust marketing communication mix to continue to build the relationships and restore confidence in the league.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There’s Something Rotten in the Game of Football (first draft) I love football. I live for the anxious waiting of each coming play, for the rush of adrenaline I feel when my Eagles enter the red zone. I am drawn in by their season-long crusade, and eagerly cheer them on through each new battle. They light a fire within me whenever they play. Every Sunday a similar blaze tears across our nation, capturing our national attention as it commands us to watch our gridiron gladiators. We can’t get enough of our football—of our unquestionably, distinctly American sport.... [tags: National Football League, American football]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- Since its creation in 1869, football has been a major part of American society. Americans love the intensity and display of sportsmanship on and off the field. Every Sunday almost every television in America is tuned to CBS, NBC or FOX anticipating the opening kickoff for their favorite team. The National Football League, popularly known as just the NFL, is the largest professional American football league in the world. It hosts a total of 32 teams, each representing a state in the U.S. Some states are lucky enough to have more than one team representing different cities.... [tags: football, sports,]
572 words (1.6 pages)
- The National College Athletic Association has been having problems with college athletes, and money for many years now. The NCAA has had problems in the past, and present with college athletes accepting money from college boosters. A booster is a person who supports a college team. Most college boosters are alumni, community members, parents of current or former players, or even professors or other college employees. Whether they are attending a game, giving money, or buying a car for an athlete, they are still considered a booster.... [tags: American football, National Football League]
954 words (2.7 pages)
- What is danger. The term/word danger is relative and has a different meaning to each person who uses it. Danger is found in all walks of life, from the tall buildings of Wall Street, to the slums of the ghetto. It is found in the confines behind prison bars and even in the most prestigious country club. One place where danger is thought to be exempt is on the playing field of a great American past time, society knows as football. Football is a dangerous sport, as it is a contact sport with some of the most athletically gifted human beings playing it.... [tags: American football, National Football League]
1692 words (4.8 pages)
- Where Does Peyton Manning Rank All-Time on the NFL QB List. There is no question that Peyton Manning is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all-time. He holds the record for practically every single category for quarterbacks in the NFL. Manning holds the record for most career passing yards at 71,940, most career wins as a quarterback with 200, most career passing TDs with 539, most career 4,000-yard seasons with 14 and the list goes on and on. If so-called experts determine the greatest quarterback of all-time based on statistics alone, then Manning is the runaway winner.... [tags: American football, National Football League]
1115 words (3.2 pages)
- When will the sport of college football ever crown a deserving BCS National Champion. NCAA Division 1-A football differs from all other collegiate level sports in that it caps its season with a Bowl Championship Series game, instead of a playoff system designed to determine a champion. Instead, college football institutes a system of polls combined with various computer formulas that determine the top-two teams in the country, who then compete in a major bowl game to decide the eventual champion.... [tags: Sports]
1407 words (4 pages)
- INTRO In the U.S soccer or football hasn't caught on quite just yet. Even though the American people have had recent success like in the 2002 World Cup and the 2009 Confederations Cup. Though extremely popular in European countries, soccer took a long time to gain momentum in the United States because Americans put more money and attention into other sports like baseball, football, and basketball. Soccer eventually became popular in the 1970s, but then lost popularity again when the National League went bankrupt.... [tags: world cup, sports, world war II, history]
1429 words (4.1 pages)
- Over the past eighteen years of my life, many things have caught my eye and that I got attached to. I played baseball and football everyday of my life and made me fall in love with them. These two sports were the highlight for most of my life. When I was younger, everyday I was outside with friends we would end up either playing baseball or football. If I could have one more game in both of these sports, I 'd love every little bit of it. Senior year, at the end of the football season, I needed something else to pass the time and keep me busy.... [tags: Photography, Camera, Image]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- In 2014, the Fédération Internationale de Football Association, also known as FIFA, created a documentary called United Passions. The movie, which ended up being a huge flop at the box office, discussed the past three presidents of the organization and the events that surrounded each of their tenures. It reportedly cost between twenty-five and thirty-two million dollars to create. The United States Women’s National Soccer Team received fifteen million dollars from FIFA after they beat seven different teams to win the 2015 World Cup-becoming the best women’s national team in the world.... [tags: Summer Olympic Games, Olympic Games]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- The prolific goal scorer Wayne Rooney plays and captains both Manchester United and England’s National Football team. Rooney made his debut for Everton before moving to Manchester United. The striker has so far scored 237 goals during his professional career for Everton, Manchester United and England. He has been the focal point behind his club and country’s success in the recent past, helping them to numerous wins and titles. Rooney supports different charities including SOS Children’s villages, Willow Foundation and UNICEF.... [tags: Manchester United F.C., Premier League]
711 words (2 pages)