Fluoride is a mineral derived from a naturally occurring element called fluorine. Fluorine is the 13th most abundant component on Earth, and you'll find it all round us in the air and water. Toothpaste comprises fluoride. While hard line anti-fluoride consumers bypass fluoride-enriched toothpaste, most people use it because it's been shown to help avert cavities. It does so by sustaining your saliva which assists to avert the buildup up the tooth plaque that leads to cavities. It also helps to guard against to decrease of minerals helpful to tooth enamel.
Different types of toothpastes contain different fluoride compounds:
• Anti-decay toothpaste such as Close up, Colgate, Crest, Pepsodent contain Fluoride Compounds such as Sodium Fluoride (NaF), Stannous Fluoride (SnF2), or Monofluorophosphate (MFP2) etc.
• Desensitizing Toothpaste such as MI Paste and MI Paste Plus contain Fluoride.
• Anti-calculus toothpaste such as Clinx contains Fluoride.
Fluoridated toothpaste ought to be used twice each day to brush teeth. As young children tend to swallow toothpaste when they are brushing, the following tips are established to balance their risk of developing dental the following with the dental health benefits of fluoride.
1) Children up to three years of age should have their teeth and gums brushed by an adult.
2) Parents should consult a professional to see whether or not their kid underneath thirty six months of age is in danger of developing decay. If the kid is in danger of developing decay, then they should have their teeth brushed by associate adult using a minimal quantity of fluoridated toothpaste. It’s been determined that use of fluoride
toothpaste in an exceedingly small amount effectively balances betwee...
... middle of paper ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Five Paragraph Essays: A Blessing or a Curse I 'd like to say that my style as a writer has come a long way. However I would not argue I still may have much farther to go as well. My Sophomore year of high school was the golden year for five paragraph essays, what I mean is I was constantly writing essays in a five paragraph format, and looking back on I see that as a blessing as well as a curse. It was a gift because to write a five paragraph essay became extremely easy for me. Yet, it was a cure because to write in any other form became much more difficult.... [tags: Rhetoric, Writing, Five paragraph essay, Essay]
832 words (2.4 pages)
- We Are Family Big families are inherently closer than smaller families.There is a lot of evidence to support this claim some of it coming from television, but most coming from everyday life. Big families have a tendency to go through more colorful experiences than smaller families. We may drive each other crazy but that’s part of what brings us together. The best example I can offer of this would be my family. There are seven kids in my family, two of whom no longer live at my house, and it is rare for a week to pass with out us speaking or hanging out.... [tags: Family, Sibling, Mother, Grandparent]
817 words (2.3 pages)
- Hybrid cars is a curse or a blessing I have always been interested in cars. Since my childhood I had the wish to know the mechanism of how cars work; so that I can build my own cars and eventually create and design my own brand. Due to the new revolution in car industry my interest in cars has gone even higher than before because these new revolution cars are environment friendly. This new revolution has been brought to the car industry by the introduction of hybrid cars because of the high fuel consumption and the increasing pollution; this is the best alternative despite the low performance and high maintenance cost, hybrid cars will overtake the conventional cars soon.... [tags: paralel, series, electric motors]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- Technology can be two fold; it can be a blessing and a curse. It has forever impacted and changed social interaction. We live in a day where it is hard to get away from the screen, either the phone or computer and any other electronic devices, not only for work but also for leisure. We are forgetting how to reconnect, recharge, and relax. Thus, it has been requested we should, for one day, unplug ourselves from technology. Will this be beneficial. The idea of a technology Sabbath is beneficial in three ways: in recharging and relaxing, in deepening friendship, and attending and listening to people’s messages better.... [tags: Communication, Distraction, Instant messaging]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- 2459256 Unit 2 essay option Two There is sex-positive prostitution and sex-negative prostitution; therefore, prostitution can be a blessing or a curse. From an empowering point of view, women may pursue a “career” in prostitution, making enormous sums of money. However, there is a much darker side where women are promised golden opportunities in more opportunistic areas and upon their arrival, they are forced into a billion-dollar sex trade, where they become sexual slaves (Jeffreys 4). In a very sexualized and gendered world, women are often viewed as sex objects, regarded primarily for their “assets.” Ultimately, prostitution can benefit women, such as in the Netherlands, yet it is harmf... [tags: Human trafficking, Prostitution, Rape, Slavery]
1129 words (3.2 pages)
- Twins: a blessing or a curse. The likelihood of getting pregnant with twins is slim to none. The female must carry the twin gene in order to conceive twins, even if the male has a long line of twins. Twins can be thought as good things, if you were hoping to only have two children you get them both at once. They can also be a curse, especially in the financial aspect of it all. Its even worse if you are a teen mom and trying to finish high school. The simple truth is either way you look at it your life will never be the same after you have twins.... [tags: Pregnant, Babies, Identical, Fraternal, Babies]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- Cyberspace: Home, Sweet Home. There is no denying the ambivalence that surrounds modern technology. In a world where apathy is uncommon, people could debate for days about whether technology is a blessing or a curse. But their deliberations are futile. Even if they came to a consensus, would it matter. Humans will never stop using technology, even if it is discovered that it is detracting greatly from their lives; they are willing to accept both the negative and positive consequences that come along with using it.... [tags: technology, screens, time]
523 words (1.5 pages)
- The Internet - A Blessing or a Curse. I saw something shocking painted on the roof of a barn as I was driving through the heart of Yolo County’s farmland. It was an advertisement for the upcoming Dixon May Fair. What caught my attention was the last line of copy, painted in thin red letters, down by the edge of the roof: http://www.dixonmayfair.com. It’s finally everywhere, I thought, as I continued down the deserted, dusty road. No place is safe. Not even the country. Over the last couple of years, those tiny, mysterious clusters of letters have snuck up on us, like a sneaky race of aliens preparing a world takeover.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
1701 words (4.9 pages)
- The Curse and Blessing of Montana Montana seems to be one of those states that most people either love or hate. It is so distinct from any other state that it is no wonder this is the case. Montana is in so many ways such a great state to live in, with a wide variety of recreation, hobbies, and other enjoyable pastimes; however, many problems plague the state, from its lack of modern conveniences to its poor job opportunities. What many people do not realize is how much these good and bad characteristics are related.... [tags: Free Descriptive Essay About A Place]
601 words (1.7 pages)
- The African Experience: A Curse or Blessing The native African places an immense amount of importance and respect on Nature. Its effects determine certain predicaments that control and direct African lives, and how outsiders, especially Westerners, perceive them. Never before has a group of people followed so religiously and faithfully a baffling phenomenon such as nature. Nature worship has deep roots in the African tradition and is now a full and indispensable branch of the African heritage.... [tags: Research Papers]
1033 words (3 pages)