1. Broward County, Florida
2. Population: 1,748,066
a. Racial breakdown:
i. White: 1,102,231
ii. Black or African American: 467,519
iii. American Indian and Alaska Native: 5,065
iv. Asian: 56,795
v. Native Hawaiian and other Pacific Islander: 911
vi. Hispanic: 438,247
i. Female: 901,495
ii. Male: 846,571
3. Senior Citizens: 249,424
4. Disabled individuals: 198,784
5. Children under18: 401.885 (State & County Quickfacts, 2015).
Each demographic in a given population faces numerous health concerns that advocates and policy makers try to assist through various programs. Recently, campaigns have targeted new moms to encourage breastfeeding and to discourage public shame for providing nutrition for a baby. Senior citizens are just a fragile as babies and children, and face similar health concerns are the majority of the population. However, senior citizens are at a higher risk for heart disease, arthritis, Alzheimer’s, influenza and pneumonia.
Hypertension and LA County Health Analysis
The animalistic instinct inherent in all animals, including humans, is to survive and thrive long e...
... middle of paper ...
... of classes, products, or funding.
Parents: Emails and flyers will be sent to the parents to inform them of the initiative that the schools are undertaking and the focus being children’s health and reducing obesity. Parents will have access to the school app that allows parents to see what the school is providing students in the means of physical activity, extracurricular activities, food options, cooking healthy classes, and more. Parents will be encouraged to speak to their children about making healthy choices. A challenge should be sent out to all parents: parents should log the amount of their physical activity daily (time), their children’s activity time, and the time parent and child are active together (counts as double points). And at the end of the semester prizes will be awarded to the parent/child combination with the most logged active time.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- New York City, the city of dreams and high expenses. That’s one of the things I have taken away from reading the census data and Florida’s Cities and the Creative Class. What is humorous to me is that the idea of how much residential places cost and how much space you get for the price leaves me wondering why New York City has the majority of the highest percentage of people living in the city with creative careers. However, I shouldn’t be the one questioning anything because here I am in New York City paying so much more for an education here than I would have paid at the other schools I got into.... [tags: New York City, Global city, United States, Toronto]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- Florida is known for many things like its fresh oranges, its sunshine and warm climate, its beautiful beaches, its Everglades National Park, cigar factories and many more interesting things. There is also one more thing that adds on to Florida’s popularity and it is its film industry. The film industry in Florida is one of the largest in the United States. In 2006, Florida was ranked third in the U.S. for film production, after California and New York, based on revenue generated. Who knew Florida would also be famous for its film industry.... [tags: kalem studios, winter film capital]
1355 words (3.9 pages)
- ... californianus also have a very poor sense of smell, which assists them in consuming their meals. When they find a meal, the condors will often gorge themselves to the point where they will have to spend several hours resting before taking flight again. Since the condor has now sweat glands they employ a unique technique in attempting to cool themselves down when they become to hot. They will defecate on their legs. “Though this might sound gross or strange to us, this is actually a very effective way for them to stay comfortable when temperatures get too high.... [tags: birds, captivity, endangered, extinction]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- ALFRED LOUIS KROEBER 1876-1960 Idealistic. Kroeber one of three students who decided to make his seminar in American Indian languages at the University of Columbia with Boas; the results obtained of the fieldwork with the "Arapajos" of Wyoming, "Shoshone", "Utes", and “bannocks". With this work Kroeber a broad and influential Anthropology book:, "The Handbook of the Indians of California," where he did an incredible amount of ethnographic case and become one of the major reference book on American ethnology, in most parts of the globe, Mexico and Peru, India and east and Southeast Asia.... [tags: Anthropology, Franz Boas, Professor]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
- My ideal job would be a Social Media Specialist. The reason being, I enjoy posting on Social Media and watching it evolve into a major marketing tool. Social Media has grown over the past few years to where Businesses can make it big by using Social Media. Sites like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and now SnapChat have opened a whole new universe for Marketing, bringing in something totally new. The things you can do with it and network with it, and show videos at a click of a button, instead of only being seen on television on a certain channel.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Employment, Florida]
701 words (2 pages)
- Ethnicity has always been something that has defined who you are and how you will be treated. Coming into a new country and not knowing the language or the way that things work is something that many are going through. Being able to come to a new land and adapting is something that is a hard thing to do because you do not know how you will be treated or accepted. Many do not know about the struggles of others or what it is like where they come from. Understanding the person and accepting them regardless where they come from or who they are is something that not many can do.... [tags: United States, U.S. state, New York City]
1280 words (3.7 pages)
- Los Angeles and New York are both great places to live in and to visit on a vacation. This two cities have never really seen each other eye to eye by the people who live there. The cities being on opposite sides of the United States doesn’t help the situation, its west coast and east coast rivalry. These cities have a rivalry that has gone on for so long it astonished me deeply. The history behind both cities are very similar, but very different all at the same time. First thing that L.A. and N.Y.... [tags: New York City, Los Angeles, New York]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Colonial Style As the name suggests, the Colonial Style is reminiscent of the first European settlements in the New World. The colonists fashioned their new homes in the style of their homelands; French, Spanish, Dutch, German. The biggest influences came from the British Isles and became known as the Colonial Georgian style. Over time the Colonial style became a distinct feature of American architecture, with each region interpreting it in it's own way due to the differences in climate and available materials.... [tags: colonial style, earlier melting pot]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- Governor’s Island is located at the southern tip of Manhattan, at the meeting of the Hudson and East Rivers in New York Harbor. The island is significant for its role as a main factor in the defense system of New York Harbor. The island contains fortifications from an important period of American military construction such as the Caste Williams and Fort Jay. These fortifications were among the best examples of defensive structures. The island also served as a major military post and a costal guard station.... [tags: New York City, Manhattan, New Jersey, New York]
1056 words (3 pages)
- There is over 62 counties in New York State, through this study we will look through the four of New York counties and analyze the population growth and the growth or decline of each counties. The four counties that selected were Albany, New York, Kings, and Erie County. Each county has it unique aspects, from analyzing the CTPP data we can look closely at the growth. This exercise we would be using the CTPP websites and download profile spreadsheets for four New York State counties using the interface tool.... [tags: New York City, Manhattan, New York, Hudson River]
1156 words (3.3 pages)