Flipkart went live in 2007 with the objective of making books easily available to anyone who had internet access. Today, they’re present across various categories including movies, music, games, mobiles, cameras, computers, healthcare and personal products, home appliances and electronics, stationery, perfumes, toys, apparels, shoes – and still counting!. Wow sounds an impressive list but reaching this far wasn't easy. As a matter of fact Flipkart and its investors at this stage are seemingly losing money. They pulled out of large electronics items as customer experience was not up to the mark. Their logic was simple if they can’t offer customer a delightful experience they will not do it. Moreover, their online music store Flyte Music was shut down a little over a year after launching it. In the words Sachin Bansal, CEO of Flipkart - Flyte didn’t offer a potential for massive business. Statistics showed that Flipkart’s music CD section attracted only 1/6th of the traffic but its revenue was 3 times that of digital downloads (pay per download). It churns out a skewed ratio of 18:1 in favor of music CD’s. Digital music is not happening in India right now, it's a niche business. Flipkart realized that customer is against this model and dropped Flyte. Flipkart have always had this experimental temperament about its business and they’ll keep on improvising as a startup is not built to be small, it has to grow big.
However, in the long run it’ll be a different story as E commerce in India has just reached less than 1/10th of its potential. Out of 120 Crore Indian population not more than 1.5 crores use E Commerce frequently. Looking at burgeoning internet users the market should reach at least 15 ...
... middle of paper ...
...till early days for Flipkart. In order to scale up to the levels of Amazon and EBay a lot needs to be done. One can say so far so good but there's still a mountain to climb for the giant in the making. “Nothing is predestined. The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.” ― Ralph H. Blum
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The giant panda is a very iconic and well known symbol in many countries today. Unfortunately these unique black and white creatures are one of the most endangered species in the world. These pandas are termed to be “giant” due to the fact that they can grow to be up to 5 feet in height and 300 pounds in weight (Bradford, 2014). The majority of the giant panda population can be found in central china. Many of the pandas survive in this area due to the wet bamboo forest environment. However, the population is still very limited in size.... [tags: Giant Panda, Bamboo, Bear, Endangered species]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- The Giant Panda is a large mammal that is a well known animal in the animal kingdom. The Giant panda is an interesting species physically, which makes it very popular. The Giant panda is plays an important role in chinese culture as well. Today you will see many aspects of the giant panda including its, physical features, diet, reproduction, lifespan, habitat, history, and cultural importance. When you think of pandas the usual thought is of large black and white bears that are irresistibly cute.... [tags: Giant Panda, Bamboo, Endangered species]
1415 words (4 pages)
- Giant Pandas (Ailuropoda melanoleuca) are an endangered species of large terrestrial mammal occupying about isolated areas of mountain forest (WWF, 2014a) in China. These forests are areas of high biodiversity and likely contain a wide variety of unknown species. It is, therefore, important to protect them. As a result of the ongoing conservation of Pandas, the habitat is relatively secure, gradually increasing and becoming less isolated due to new corridors (China’s Ministry of Forestry & WWF, 1989) between forests.... [tags: Giant Panda, Endangered species, Conservation]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- However regardless of the high costs of conserving pandas, there is an array of benefits of doing so especially to the environment. Saving the giant panda means saving both habitat of panda and human. The land for bamboo forests is decreasing due to human disruption. Yet panda itself has a crucial role in saving China’s bamboo forests. It is able to spread seeds and help the vegetation to grow according to the famous World Wide Fund(“Why”). This allows the bamboo forest to create new lands since seeds are spread to lands further and hence bamboos can regenerate faster because of the footprint of pandas.... [tags: Giant Panda, Bamboo, Panda diplomacy]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- Briahna Bishop March 28, 2016 Dr. Zeng M/W 8:00 a.m The Giant Panda Express The Giant Panda (Ailuropoda melanoleuca) is a beloved creature known to the world. However, it is also a creature that is critically endangered and faces extinction. As human advancements obliterate the habitats and influence the lifestyle of the Giant Panda, research is conducted to uncover the cause of the Giant Panda’s current predicament and to improve the methods of conservation to save the Giant Panda. Information gained by researching the Giant Panda and its behaviors would help scientists and conservationists discover just what is hurting the Giant Panda, and what people can do to stop the Giant Panda’s pop... [tags: Giant Panda, Endangered species, Bear, Ailuropoda]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- During the 20th century, there was a lot of difference of opinions over White and Hispanic relationships, Yankee and Texan relationships across regions, old money vs new money, generational differences, and role of women in politics, religion in politics, and the impact of oil industry. The film Giant takes place between the 1920s and the 1950s, and it is in this time that the Hispanics were not recognized as equals to the white people. (Producers Stevens and Ginsberg & Director Stevens, 1956). According to Maxwell, Crain, Jones, Davis, and Flores, (2015) “Latinos were relegated to the lowest-paid jobs, as either service workers or farm workers” (p.... [tags: President of the United States, George W. Bush]
1392 words (4 pages)
- The Bangalore-based e-commerce firmed Flipkart established in 2007.Flipkart has launched its own product range under the name "Digi Flip of Flipkart" with products including tablets, USBs, and laptop bags. At first, the organization was an online book shop. which has now grown up and works through a perplexing structure of business with 20 million items crosswise over 70+ classes available. Business Model- Flipkart basically used B2C Model, a consumer goes to the website, selects a catalog, orders the catalog and an email is sent to the business organization.... [tags: Business intelligence, Analytics]
2158 words (6.2 pages)
- • The Flipkart was founded in 2007 by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal, both alumni of the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. They had been working for Amazon.com previously. The business was formally incorporated as a company in October 2008 as Flipkart Online Services Pvt. Ltd. During its initial years, Flipkart focused only on books, and soon as it expanded, it started offering other products like electronic goods, Air Conditioners, Air coolers, stationery supplies and life style products and e-books.... [tags: amazon, e-business, india]
1473 words (4.2 pages)
- Narrative Style and Structure of James and the Giant Peach The books that Roald Dahl has written have very interesting narrative styles. In the story James and the Giant Peach, Dahl uses vivid imagination. He uses many imaginary situations but yet at the same time encompasses enough realistic situations that the reader can still relate to it. In James and the Giant Peach, it starts out introducing a boy named James Henry Trotter who lives with his loving mother and father. The narrator of the book tells us, the readers, that James and his family's dream is to sail to New York City and climb all the way to the top of the Empire State Building.... [tags: James Giant Peach Essays]
613 words (1.8 pages)
- The Giant Panda (Ailuropoda Melanoleuca) lives in the bamboo forests of southwestern China. This type of panda is endangered and to this day “there are only around a thousand pandas left” (http//:panda.org, 1). “Adult giant pandas have a length of 160 to 180 centimeters (5/14 to 6 feet). The weight of an adult male giant panda is normally between 80 and 125 kilograms (176 and 276 pounds) with males typically weighing about 10% to 20% more than females--about the same size as the American black bear.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1599 words (4.6 pages)