Flickr is an image and file hosting site created by Ludicorp in 2004, a Vancouver-based company founded by Stewart Butterfield and Caterina Fakeand. The company was later acquired by Yahoo in 2005. It is a popular site used by bloggers, photo researchers, and the online communities in general to share, post, customize, and store personal photographs.
There are three types of accounts that users can sign up for using Flicker. When applying for the basic version of the service, there is no cost. This free version of Flickr allows users to upload up to one terabyte of data through their entire life of using an account. The one terabyte, however, is limited to 200MB per photo and 1GB per video. Videos, fortunately, can be uploaded with a maximum resolution of 1080p. With 1080p resolution, videos come out clear, bright, and vivid. In the other hand, there is the Ad free option to the service. The Ad free choice allows subscribers to avoid advertisement for an annual fee. This means that there will be no annoying advertisements when users try to upload, view, or share content. This benefit costs a low fee of $49.99 a year and receives all the benefits of a free account.
Fortunately, Flickr has a variety of options for a user. One of these options allows users to make their content private. The feature enables people to prioritize what they want to allows the public and friends to see. Another feature is the ability to edit uploaded photos. Photos can be edited with easy to use tools at a novice scale. The tool is not as great as professional software like Photoshop, but it still provides a cool and useful feature for account holders.
In conclusion Flicker is an excellent site that was acquired by Yahoo. It offers...
... middle of paper ...
...ers. (n.d.). Shutterfly , Shutterfly Coupons, Shutterfly Discounts and Promo Codes. Retrieved December 3, 2013, from http://www.shutterfly.com/special-offers
TV has never been better.. (n.d.). Roku Streaming Player. Retrieved December 3, 2013, from http://www.roku.com/meet-roku
Who we are. (n.d.). Shutterfly, Inc.. Retrieved December 3, 2013, from http://www.shutterflyinc.com/about.html
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Historical Overview: What is Instagram. Instagram was founded in 2010 by Kevin Systrom. Kevin was born on December 30, 1983 in Holliston Massachusetts. As a child, he was introduced to a game called Doom 2, which spark an interest in computer programming. Systrom attended Stanford University and in 2006, received a bachelor’s degree in management science and engineering. After graduating, he joined Google as an associate product marketing manager. Kevin spent two years at Google before leaving to join Nextstop.... [tags: Social media, Facebook, Marketing]
1318 words (3.8 pages)
- 6 Instagram Marketing Tactics To Use in 2 Hours Instagram is one of the best and prominent marketing platform that help businesses to spread out their word across the world with the means of pictures. Everyday more than 75 million pics/posts are uploaded in Instagram, and that 's why it has turned as a world of attention and traffic as well. If used Instagram smartly and savvy, it can help you reap attention which can be effectively used and exploited for the business. Are you planning to use Instagram as a marketing channel for your business.... [tags: Social media, User-generated content, Marketing]
1014 words (2.9 pages)
- Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are all examples of popular social media outlets, which are used daily by the individuals of today’s society. They are used to connect with people from the past, distant relatives as well as current friends and family. Users are able to share with their friends and or followers everything about themselves through their online profiles. Things like date of birth, hometown, schools they have attended, current workplace, different interests and favorite things are all things found on Facebook profiles alone.... [tags: Social media, Facebook, Names of large numbers]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- The development of social media becomes more frequent in various parts of the world. It makes the field of public relations experience changes both in the field of theory and practice. The changes are not directly caused by the presence of social media, but social media offers many opportunities for public relations practitioners to interact with the public through the adaptation of technology and integrate it into their daily activities (Curtis, 2010) Social media is defined as the democratization of content and a shift in the role that made humans in the process of reading and disseminating information.... [tags: Social Media ]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- 11 Instagram Marketing Tips From the Experts Since Facebook 's acquisition of the social media channel in 2012, one of the photo sharing app 'Instagram ' has exploded it 's growth as well as, with 300 million daily active users, over 30 billion photos shared, and an average of 70 million photos posted, like and shares per day. People are very much like to engaging with Instagram posts on levels incomparable by any other social media network. As per the research of forrester, interactions of users with brands via Instagram is 400% higher than on Twitter and Facebook, offering 56% more engagement per follower than other social media (120 times more engagement than twitter and 58 times more... [tags: Marketing, Marketing strategy, Social media]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- Hello Class, In today’s ever changing and adapting social media landscape, one thing is certain-businesses need a personal yet still organic platform to express themselves. Instagram is one social media tool in particular that is helping in the promotion and marketing of individual sports events, sports organizations and sports entities. Even though Instagram is a relatively young company, its reach and popularity is very massive. According to Jenn Herman’s Maximize Social Business (#MSB) article in just three years Instagram has established over 150 million users, which is a faster growth trajectory than Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.... [tags: modern day social media marketing campaings]
713 words (2 pages)
- ESSAYS39891 10 tips on how to use Instagram as a starting platform for your business Here you will learn how to establish and grow your brand on Instagram. Some businesses have been using Instagram for years without success because they were unfocused, focused on the wrong thing, or were alienating their core consumer. Here are ten tips to help small businesses, entrepreneurs and new starters make a positive splash on Instagram. 1 - Aim for a female demographic without leaning too far into gender stereotypes Instagram is mostly populated by female users, which explains why the most viral pictures are typically female friendly.... [tags: Social media, Facebook, Brand, Brand management]
1042 words (3 pages)
- 9 Ways to Ethically Gain More Followers on Instagram “A Picture Is worth a Thousand Words” one of the famous quote which you may listen some were but how much it’ll true when we implies it for online marketing. As the saying goes, what could be the best way to speak to individuals than a thousand words at a glance. Whether you’re an experience marketing buzz or a newbie on this social media marketing platform, you may aware of the benefits of using Instagram for business. Do you have an Instagram account.... [tags: Social media, Social media marketing]
1466 words (4.2 pages)
- 7 Instagram Hacks That Will Change How You Post No matter if your brand is completely novice to Instagram marketing, or you are an experienced professional, there are some of the hacks that can greatly assist you in using data for optimizing your content and benefit of the high engagement which most of the brands are often enjoying on the platform. So, what can you do for becoming an Instagram all-star. Here 's a list of best practices that can help you with your Instagram marketing- 1 – Determine Your Goals It 's a good move to start by keeping in mind about the end.... [tags: Marketing, Brand, Advertising, Brand management]
809 words (2.3 pages)
- How to Make Money Using Instagram. Every now and then, being always stuck to your phone can reward. Instagram marketing offers social media fans the chance to plot an extra work where they get paid for posting beautiful pictures and get free stuff. Instagram is a medium where brands used to promote their products and services by sharing photos or small videos. These marketing take the type of photos, videos, captions and hashtags, and remuneration rely on the brand, extent of the venture and influencer 's agreement power.... [tags: Marketing, Sales, Selling, Post]
714 words (2 pages)