It could be used for the policies in the first pillar of the EU.
There is a “time” factor for the EU states for integrating the EU policies.
In Lisbon Treaty, there are some examples of multi-speed Europe. (Stregthened enhanced cooperation between members states, the choice for Member states for not to be part of Eurozone or Schenge area. Enlargement strategy is changed. After the negotiation process there is a pre-negotiation process.)(Gürsel, Dedeoğlu, 2010, p.131.)
This models could be evaluated in the case of when Turkey becomes a memberstate
This model could be useful for balancing the internal dynamics of the EU. Turkey’s integration process to the Union would be easer in a multi-speed Europe. Turkey would not be in all of the common policies and will join the policies by the time in parallel to its integration capacity. Also, member-states can be opt-out from the policies which they do not want to be in. Multi-speed Europe model also would be positive for the core countries in the EU. This model will help the balance of power in the EU. Turkey’s accession is a big challenge for core countries and this model will give a time for Turkey to be “more” in the EU.
Turkey has big economic capacity and could be stronger in a middle term and could be one of the core countries in the EU. Therefore Turkey could be another polar in the EU like U.K. Versus Franco-German axis.
“Avant-garde Europe” is a France origin model and envisions a Union that is formed by member states of which represent the “avant-garde)
Delors put forward this model. Delors believes that a “super state” and a “EU in the EU” is trying to create including France.
The avant-garde group will create a stong European identi...
... middle of paper ...
... Perspective", Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics, No.06/7, 2006.
Yiğit, Dilek, "İki-Vitesli Avrupa'ya Üye Olmak: Daha Mı Kolay?", Stratejik Düşünce Ensititüsü, 09 Ocak 2013. http://www.sde.org.tr (18.06.2013)
Zielonka, Jan, "Enlargement and the Finality of European Interation", What Kind of Constitution For What Kind of Polity? Responses to Joschka Fischer, European University Institute, Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, 2000.
AB Kavramları Sözlüğü, http://www.ikv.org.tr/sozluk.asp?bas_harf=G&anahtar=&sayfa=&id=2956. (20.06.2013)
AB resmi sitesi, http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/glossary/concentric_circles_en.htm (25.06.2013)
AB-Türkiye Müzakere Çerçeve Belgesi,
Avrupa Birliği Bakanlığı, http://www.abgs.gov.tr/ (24.06.2013)
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Data Models: Data models describe how data is connected to each other and how that process and stored inside the system. Hierarchical Model: The hierarchical data model is like trees structurethat present data to users in tree structure. In hierarchical model each record looks like an organizational chart with one top level segment called root. The upper segments are connected logically to the lower segments like as parent and child relationship, and a parent segment can have many children but a child segment can have only one parent.... [tags: Entity-relationship model, Data modeling]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Software integration testing is challenging and has rules and strategies to make sure each part of the software is thoroughly checked before it is given the OK. These test must be performed to make sure there are no errors in the script. Integration is typically performed in stages using the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) each level builds on the preceding level. So it is very important that the testing is completed in the precise order. Devising a data conversion strategy and a changeover for TIMS must include the design plan, post-implementation appraisal, fact assembly, topics to cover, and who should accomplish it.... [tags: Software testing, Integration testing]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- Pinar refers to the current situation in the field of education as a “nightmare” because education is no longer in the hands of educators. Our society today is becoming full of citizens and educators who are comfortable being the silent majority. Educators are sitting back in the shadows remaining silent while our government tells us how and what to teach in order to cultivate the minds of an economically productive future society. Teachers are no longer able to educate students about the value of becoming intellectuals because their time is spent training students to pass a test.... [tags: suggested curriculums, education model]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- Oracle Corporation is one of the largest and well-respected technology companies in the information technology industry, with more than $35 billion in annual revenue and nearly 400,000 customers (Oracle Corporation, 2011b); the company seeks to leverage their customer base to double revenue in the next three years. Eschewing an account management model, Oracle has consistently grown revenue through aggressive acquisitions and the implementation of a specialized sales model, to assure each acquired product line continues to grow and customers have access to needed expertise.... [tags: Technology Company, Sales Model]
2367 words (6.8 pages)
- The traffic accident problem facing my new team and I is both unique and challenging. Having received information from my predecessor, Capt Matthews, and the safety team, it is clear to me that we have a strong talent base and wing leadership that will support us; in short, we have all the resources to stop the trend in a timely manner. This paper will detail my planned interactions with the team members and wing commander within the context of the full-range leadership model (FRLM). Almost every facet of this model applies; therefore my analysis will begin by applying transactional FRLM principles to the whole team, followed by tailored approaches based on the individual personalities.... [tags: Full Range Of Leadership Model]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
- 7 cities and 5 countries later I had a firm believe that I knew exactly what integration and multiculturalism was- however, when asked for a definition and the implication of such within a society I was left short of words. I have always had a strong emotional connection to integration and multiculturalism, having lived in many different places with such diverse cultures-Brazil, UAE, Mozambique, England, Germany- I was fortunate enough to experience what is to grow up among worlds. Being a Third culture kid (a person who has had their developmental years outside their parent’s culture) I had learned what I thought it was the true meaning of trying to accept and integrate within a different... [tags: culture, society, integration, view, patterns ]
2160 words (6.2 pages)
- Today's military includes women who train at boot camps, serve on warships and fly combat planes. Women currently represent fifteen percent of military personnel, and their presence is increasing among new recruits, up twenty-five percent in the A ir Force. Among officers and enlisted personnel, fifty five percent, or 107, 733 women report some form of sexual harassment. Recent accusations of sexual misconduct against drill sergeants at the Aberdeen Proving Ground, and a separate case against Ser geant Major Gene McKinney of the US Army, have some people questioning whether integration of women in the military has been successful.... [tags: Integration of Women into the Military]
2097 words (6 pages)
- James Meredith and the University of Mississippi’s Integration When a person presently looks at university school systems, one never imagines the struggle to obtain such diverse campuses. With Caucasians, Asians, Latinos, and African Americans all willing and able to attend any institution, it is difficult now to envision a world where, because of one’s skin color, a person is denied university acceptance. In actuality, this world existed only fifty years ago. In a time of extreme racial discrimination, African Americans fought and struggled toward one of many goals: to integrate schools.... [tags: Racial Integration]
2745 words (7.8 pages)
- Curriculum Integration Contrary to popular belief, curriculum integration entails more than simply linking lessons together along a common theme. It is more than just "rearranging existing lesson plans", it is an attempt to organize "curriculum around significant problems and issues…without regard for subject-area boundaries" (Beane, 1997). The goal of curriculum integration is to have students gain a deeper level of understanding across subject areas through interrelated thematic study. Themes are drawn from life "as it is being lived and experienced" with knowledge based around problem solving rather than rote skill acquisition (Beane, 1997).... [tags: Teaching Education Integration Essays]
614 words (1.8 pages)
- Regional Paper - MERCOSUR Regional integration is the process by which countries agree to reduce or eventually remove tariff and non-tariff barriers to promote the free flow of goods and services amongst countries. Global business is accomplished when organizations conduct business internationally and are not committed or bounded to a single home country. Regional integration combined with global business supports organizations conducting business globally amongst a variety of countries by removing restricting barriers and other obstacles.... [tags: Case Study Mercosur Regional Integration]
1107 words (3.2 pages)