There aren't too many things in life which are more annoying than a flat tire when you least expect it, but then again who really expects a flat. Maybe the bloke driving around on four bald tires is expecting one, but he probably doesn't want one either. Although I will admit that one day on my way to get new tires I tried, and successfully I might add, to "burn off" a tire. Luckily for me though I was within one block of the tire shop, and even more serendipitously the police never caught me on the way there since I would stop for every red light and stop sign only to "light up" the rear wheels upon take off, sometimes reaching 75mph on the speedometer before the tires started to catch and I would end up at a simple slow 30mph.
Most people though aren't out there trying to lose a tire on purpose. If you're like most people you want to drive on your tires as long as conceivable. But should the unexpected happen some long lonely night and the world seems to want you to simply stare out at the stars on the dark moonless night in the middle of nowhere, it would behoove you to have a slight understanding of the workings of your spare tire, wherever it may be stowed, since cell phones don't always work everywhere. At this point fate might be telling you to slow down. Alas, this isn't usually the case, so give heed, and have some advice.
First and foremost in the changing of a spare is to c...
... middle of paper ...
...our bad tire. Sometimes people can't afford the new tire yet or somehow think they can wait awhile. Simply remember that a spare is really only for short term use. Don't do what I did and drive from San Francisco down to San Diego on a spare simply because of being cut rate minded. It didn't turn out well.
I know there will still be people who just won't change a tire, so for you non-changers remember to pack a can of Fix-A-Flat or its equivalent. Directions for Fix-A-Flat is on the can. In essence, stay safe, remember half the battle is being prepared and ready for it. Happy trails and safe treading.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Welcome to Abi Towing and Auto Service in HOUSTON, TX where you can find the best technicians in the auto towing industry. If you should ever find yourself in a situation where you need a dependable service that will not let you down, you have the option to contact our reputable auto services in Texas. Abi Towing and Auto Service is a professional team that knows the importance of delivering a fast response. There is no need for you to worry about waiting a long time when you are dealing with an emergency.... [tags: Automobile, Tire, Wheel, Driving]
1512 words (4.3 pages)
- Despite all of humanities best efforts to be equipped with cell phones, AAA, and even On Star. One may find themselves stranded on the side of the road with an emergency such as run out of gas, engine shuts down, need to jump start or even a simple flat tire. Despite all kinds of emergencies, a flat tire can be changed fast and safely by following these simple steps safety, preparations, and last but not least is replacement. The first step is to get away from oncoming traffic to be safe. Drive to the nearest distances where the ground is leveled and firm.... [tags: Instructional essay, Process essay]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- The tire is an essential component of any vehicle whether be a buggy, tractor, car, bus, etc. starting out as a wheel, it was invented all the way back in 3500 B.C. At first the wheel was simply carved wood which later turned into wood covered with leather in order to ensure a less bumpy ride. Eventually the wheel was perfected which is what is now commonly known as the tire which consists of inflated solid rubber. In the year 1839 Charles Goodyear came up with the process of Vulcanization which is the process of heating rubber with sulfur and in turn results in a perfect rubber used for tires.... [tags: Automobile, Tire, Tires, Wheel]
711 words (2 pages)
- The tire, an essential component of all vehicles, whether it be a buggy, tractor, car, bus, etc. starting out as a wheel, it was invented all the way back in 3500 B.C. At first the wheel was simply carved wood which later turned into wood covered with leather in order to ensure a less bumpy ride. Eventually the wheel was perfected and now commonly known as the tire, which consists of inflated solid rubber. In the year 1839 Charles Goodyear came up with the process of Vulcanization which is the process of heating rubber with sulfur and in turn results in a perfect rubber used for tires.... [tags: Automobile, Tire, Tires, Wheel]
705 words (2 pages)
- Changing a Flat Tire The following steps are the safest way to change a flat tire. If you received a flat tire while driving down the road; first thing to do is to get away from oncoming traffic; at that time, find a place that is well lit, such as a parking lot. Keep in mind the farther you drive on a flat tire, the more damage you will incur to the tire and wheel. Secondly, set the parking brake so that the car does not roll away while the car is off the ground. Then, you have to locate your spare tire, which will replace the flat tire; that is usually in a compartment inside the trunk.... [tags: Process Essays]
622 words (1.8 pages)
- How To Safely Change A Flat Tire While changing a flat tire may seem to be simple enough, there are some safety tips you should know first. „h Always park on level ground away from oncoming traffic. „h Always place the gear shift lever in park or in gear in the case of a manual transmission. „h Always set the emergency brake and remove the keys from the ignition. After you have completed each of these procedures you will be ready to change the flat. Step 1: Remove the jack, spare tire and lug wrench.... [tags: essays research papers]
525 words (1.5 pages)
- Match fixing is a huge issue recently appearing in football. It happened earlier in history but is, threating too corrupt the game in current times. If match fixing becomes more popular as it is now, it will ruin the integrity of one of the biggest sports in the world. Match Fixing in football threatens to corrupt one of the greatest sport in the world. Match fixing has effected the respect and integrity of the game of football for years. Match fixing has been happening for years, but recently it has become a bigger issue.... [tags: match fixing, fifa, jose mourinho]
1395 words (4 pages)
- World History In Thomas Friedman’s The World Is Flat he presents his idea of the globalization of the world in all areas; from economic to communication with other countries. Friedman is a journalist from the New York Times and most of his work focuses on economic and technological innovations and advancements, and furthermore how they are associated to history. The ideas he presents in this book are both plausible and convincing. The main focus is whether the world is “flat“. The answer to this question depends on the readers’ political, economical, and technological opinions.... [tags: The World is Flat]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Shredding and grinding tires: By shredding, the volume of scrap tires can be reduced to about ¼, thus reducing space requirement and shipping costs. Tire shredding can be considered a mature technology now in North America. Products: Rubber Crumb (sellable product – serves as raw material to many many industries) Finer synthetic and natural rubber (obviously after treatments) which can be used in Tiles and tile adhesives, mixing with asphalt, sports surfaces, carpet underlay, noise and vibration insulation, playgrounds and matting.... [tags: Recycle Rubber Tire Process]
1253 words (3.6 pages)
- Problem Statement: With the development of Aquatread (AT), a premium differentiated tire intended for the broadline, replacement market; Goodyear (GY) must reassess its competitive position and distribution systems in the North American tire market. The GY is currently a market leader in the replacement market with 15% market share (Sales of 22.8MM units). GY¡¯s marketing strategy, in particular, the launch of AT, must be examined in the context of evolving consumer buying patterns and distribution channels, as well as alignment with their business strategy of differentiating GY through their brand.... [tags: Business Management Analysis Tire]
1661 words (4.7 pages)