While building muscle and gaining strength, it is important to fuel your body properly. It is hard to stick to a regime when temptation is around every corner. A protein shake or smoothie can be a satisfy way to curb cravings and change things up from eating egg whites and tuna fish. Your fuel doesn’t have to be boring or repetitive.
I’ve scoured the internet to find some tasty protein shake recipes. Some are geared for certain parts of the day to optimize your workouts or to help you wake up. The food you consume is the fuel to meet your fitness goals. Without it, there is no way that you will achieve it, so what you eat might as well be tasty too!
1. Hot Coco
• 1 cup fat-free milk
• 1 scoop chocolate whey protein
• 1 packet Swiss Miss Diet Milk Chocolate hot cocoa
• 1⁄2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
Best at bedtime. The cottage cheese is a slow-digesting protein that will burn through the night.
Heat milk until hot (but not boiling) and pour in blender. Add protein, cocoa and cottage cheese; blend until mostly smooth.
Serves 1 - 275 Cal, 1g fat, 20g Carbohydrate, 0g Fiber, 44g Protein
2. Mint and Ice Cream Dessert Weight Gain Shake
• 8 oz. (1 cup) whole milk
• 1 cup either vanilla or chocolate ice cream
• 2 scoops chocolate mint protein powder *
• ¼ teaspoon mint extract
*If you can’t find chocolate mint protein powder, use chocolate protein powder and increase the mint extract to taste.
To reduce the fat, calories, and carbs substitute the ice cream with low fat ice cream, frozen yogurt, or regular yogurt.
Serves 1 - 836 Cal, 38.9 fat, 62.8g Carbohydrate, 0g Fiber, 4g Sugar, 38g Pr...
... middle of paper ...
...nanas and blueberries, instead of or with ice. It adds flavor and nutrition and doesn’t water down the shake.
• Measure all your ingredients. It is easy throw off the nutritional balance when you don’t know how much you are really adding.
When training, everything you eat is important. Quality food that meets your body’s requirements will keep you healthy and aid in recovery. Building muscle is not just what you do to your body but what you put into it.
All protein powders are not created equal and it is easy to get confused, especially for those just starting with training programs. Check out the “best protein powders” page to find the best one to suit your needs.
I have found the amount of calories, fat, protein, and carbs in these recipes, but if there are enough people out there interested, I can create custom diet plans and additional information as well.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 10 Mind-Blowing Protein Shake Recipes for Muscle Building While building muscle and gaining strength, it is important to fuel your body properly. It is hard to stick to a regime when temptation is around every corner. A protein shake or smoothie can be a satisfy way to curb cravings and change things up from eating egg whites and tuna fish. Your fuel doesn’t have to be boring or repetitive. I’ve scoured the internet to find some tasty protein shake recipes. Some are geared for certain parts of the day to optimize your workouts or to help you wake up.... [tags: Milk, Nutrition, Chocolate, Cheese]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- Perspective When dealing with any topic as vast yet minute and delicate as Brahman-Atman one has to think carefully. I find this topic very bewildering. Mind-blowing is a better description. I’m not sure I have even after a week of contemplation and research really come to understand the topic enough to discuss the effect I think it would have on people from the individual all the way up to a large group, including animals. However, I will do my best to convey my thoughts. I will discuss my thoughts pertaining to what consequences could come of accepting such an idea, how it would affect relationships with self and others, and how this could even include animals.... [tags: Psychology, Mind, Thought, Human]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- A night of cold air blowing through the window giving off the essence of wanting someone by her side, she stretch’s out her hand and feels a cold bedside where a warm body should be. She opens her eyes and saw nothing, a tear rolled down her cheek with thoughts of being a naughty girl. Just one night, no worries, no cares just nothing but her naughty thoughts unleashed on a man who is willing to handle her. She decides to sit up in her bed wondering who she would be able to unleash on and enjoy it at the same time.... [tags: Mind, Thought, Eye color, Feeling]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- The Ultimate Crepe Cookbook: 50 Easy to Follow Savory, Gluten-Free Recipes for Everyone Whether your health conscious or it’s for health related reasons, many people are eliminating gluten out of their diets and substituting similar products in its place. With this savory Gluten-Free crepe cookbook, I will take the frustration out of the term Gluten-Free and provide you easy to follow recipes that contain everyday ingredients found at your local grocery store. Gluten-Free cooking does not need to be difficult in order to be delicious.... [tags: Flour, Wheat, Gluten, Crêpe]
1594 words (4.6 pages)
- Kiss Bow or Shake Hands The book Kiss, Bow, or Shake Hands, is written specifically with those doing international business in mind. It is essentially a guide to over sixty countries and an explanation of their society and cultural customs. Knowledge of those with whom you are doing business not only can help avoid costly blunders it can also give you an advantage when dealing with them. The authors identify that there are three main factors that effect how people act, think, and make decisions.... [tags: Essays Papers]
600 words (1.7 pages)
- Thanksgiving Recipes Thanksgiving is a very family and friend oriented holiday where you go around and say what you 're thankful for, also it 's about having big gatherings, and making amazing foods to go with this giving and being grateful holiday. Now there are many great recipes you can Make and serve, but I do have a few favorites and some are classics and others are a little more uncommon but still just as delicious. So I thought I would share some of my favorites and give you some great recipes too, so that you can learn how to make them yourself and share in the delicious food, and continue to pass them on, in this really giving and thoughtful time of the year.... [tags: Milk, Butter, Cooking, Cream]
1783 words (5.1 pages)
- Burlesque is its inception was a radical form of theatrical performance art and "the performances included a ' chaotic and nebulous combination of dancing, singing, minstrelsy (black face), witty repartee, political commentary, parodies of plays and scant clothing ' as well as cross dressing and comedy." (Nally, 2009) When you hear burlesque now the first thing that probably comes to mind is Dita Von Teese. The black hair, fair skin, sultry yet flirtatious aura, the 50s pin-up style that makes you wonder whether or not she’s found a time machine.... [tags: Black people, African American, White people]
1487 words (4.2 pages)
- • New Light should never shake old truth; however, it should not be rejected because it is new. I want to implement this into my life by accepting truth based on the its legitimacy in the Biblical cannon, and not simply reject it because it does not hold to my pre-conceived ideas of what truth is. I want to focus on how I can study more thoroughly different points of view to see if they are in harmony with the Scripture, understanding that truth in and of itself never changes. • We must study the Scriptures for ourselves and simply not accept other people’s interpretations.... [tags: Bible, Religious text, Biblical canon]
1044 words (3 pages)
- Consciousness is the subjective experience of an individual on the world and the mind, that is utterly private to oneself. The defining feature of this subject is the experience that comes along with it. Although some people might explain it as just being awake that is not necessarily true. The story of Belle Riskin being conscious while going through surgery has also occurred to me. Whenever they were removing my wisdom teeth I was conscious in the middle of it but not for long it was only a few seconds.... [tags: Mind, Consciousness, Psychology, Unconscious mind]
892 words (2.5 pages)
- The Haunting of Mind The ghosts made their presence known at 9:36 p.m. the first evening. Later in life, when Rachel Fleischman thought back on the events at the house, she marveled that the exact time was so firmly set in her mind. She wasn't wearing a watch, and didn't recall asking anyone else the time. She remembered, almost as if the presences told her, wanting her to remember for their sake, and for the sake of posterity. The four of them sat around the table in the kitchen of the haunted house.... [tags: The Haunting of Mind Essays]
1378 words (3.9 pages)
- The Education Of Little Tree
- Capital Asset Pricing Model ( Capm ), Arbitrage Pricing Theory
- Police Corruption And Law Enforcement Officers
- Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, And Buddhism
- The Role Of Fear, Hatred, And Power Of Religious Organizations
- The Male Female Characters Of William Shakespeare 's Othello