Fitness, no matter how much or how little, allows for endorphins to rush into our bodies and increase happiness. “We all have these neat feel-good neurochemicals just waiting to be released. Virtually any form of exercise, from weight training to yoga, can act as a trigger point in the production of endorphins in your body, which, in turn, can improve mood states.” (Dinas, Koutedakis, Flouris 2011) These little guys even help to combat stress which, when polled by students, is listed as the “Top Impediment to Academic Success” (ACHA-NCHA Data 2016)
Fitness is a depression fighter. Doctors can give antidepressants but some prescribe exercise as a natural way to back into the healthy mindset. Just getting out of bed to do it has been the biggest problem of modern day. And more trials and tests need to be put into this area, as it has not been researched enough.
Addicted to heroin? I got something that can help fight it. You guessed it, exercise. Working out releases dopamine, which also comes with drugs and dangerous substances. Doing exercise can help to de-prioritze these unhealthy cravings. Exercise can help regulate your circadian rhythm, which is disrupted by the consumption of alcohol.
Hundreds to thousands of years ago, people needed to ...
... middle of paper ...
...s tiny for a 50,000 student college, and build a better functioning one. Both gyms on campus will be free, with free bus rides to them every half hour from your respective living hall. There will be so many Yoga, cycling, dancing, kickboxing, etc. classes it’ll take up more than 2 pages with 9 font print.
Posters would also be plastered everywhere. It’d be like propaganda, “Exercise will make you 4.0” “Macho man today, valedictorian tomorrow” “Running towards a career” and ect. But below these propagandic titles would be some cited facts from known facilities on how exercise is really important for you mentally. I’d include long with that pictures of obese people and say they dropped out semester one, scaring people into more fitness. Although this is crazy and a little mean, it’d be a lot of fun to make and if it motivated even just one single person, it’d be worth.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Exercise has been found to be a timely and feasible way of ration people deal with the trauma and uneasiness every day. The repercussion on suspense doesn’t seem to be visible as it is in other areas. Embracing analysis in a certain area of mental health shows that exercise is a very healthy different to other means of negotiate with giving time of stress and anxiety. These can be the most common alternatives include the consumption of alcohol and, nicotine through smoking. It is also been said by being physically fit, a some bodies reaction to a hurtful situation is increased to a level that is capable of controlling.... [tags: body, exercise, muscles]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
- A LIFETIME COMMITMENT TO PHYSICAL FITNESS A lifetime commitment to physical fitness can no longer be considered a luxury. It is indeed a necessity. What could be worse than the sight of a physically bankrupt forty-year-old executive recovering from his first major heart attack. With the aid of modern technology and a little hard work, a motivated person can become physically fit and avoid this catastrophe. I firmly believe in the lifetime commitment to physical fitness, and practice it as well.... [tags: Essays Papers]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- Introduction Children who are active recklessly engage in activities where injuries can occur. Nobody can predict when or how seriously anybody will get injured during an activity, however, the risks of children playing tackle football is prevalent where the dangers are imminent. The game of tackle football on a youth level is dangerous for children since they are developing physically and mentally. According to an article from The Atlantic, “America’s most dangerous football is in the peewee leagues, not the National Football League” (Barra, 2013).... [tags: American football, National Football League]
2237 words (6.4 pages)
- Historical Context The purpose and approach to teaching and classroom management has considerably changed due to a variety of factors including government policies, developing research and scientific explanations for its benefits to children during their education (Lance et al, 2007). Mackenzie (2004) recalls on how in the Havoverian Period (1714-1790) play and sport, particularly in the education environment was largely ignored by the government. This lead to minimised use of it and Physical Education (PE) was a very irregular activity in schools.... [tags: Education, Teaching, PE, fitness]
1784 words (5.1 pages)
- Some of the most painful and torturous of all illnesses are those of the mind. There are many of instances of insanity among humans throughout history, some dating back to around 400 B.C. (PBS). These people were not considered human, but instead they were looked at as animals. There were several attempts to “cure” people of this kind, yet most were inhumane and brutal forms of torture. Many times, especially in early history, these people would be locked away and treated as if they had no purpose but to waste space.... [tags: health, mind, mentally ill]
1783 words (5.1 pages)
- Medical experts vindicate that following a regular fitness program is one of the most important things people can do to improve their health and prevent disease. Exercising makes the heart stronger and develop into a more efficient muscle. What else can regular fitness do for you. Improves Mental Focus Exercise improves your mental focus. Experts say that regular exercise helps keep your brain sharp by improving your focus and concentration. Studies show exercising decreases the chance of Alzheimer's disease.... [tags: Fitness]
687 words (2 pages)
- A fitness boot camp is a kind of physical training program, which is conducted by personal trainers, gyms and other military personals. These programs have continued to increase in the past few years. Boot camp training will often combine interval training, running and many other exercises, like using weights for losing body fat, increasing cardiovascular efficiency and increasing strength. Many programs offered in boot camp are for nutrition advice as well. The term ‘boot camp’ is used because it will train people, mostly outdoors and this may not be always similar to military training.... [tags: Fitness]
840 words (2.4 pages)
- Looking at most popular women’s magazines would you like the little girls in your life that are special to you, like your younger sister or daughter or niece, to grow up learning about womanhood only from these sources. Most people would probably say no, and so would I. Women’s magazines are just a paper version of what is being advertised throughout social media determining what women should look or be like to fit the category of physical attractiveness. Over the years people had arguments whether women’s magazines are disempowering and why.... [tags: Physical attractiveness, Human physical appearance]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- Conventional women’s magazines including fitness magazines have traditionally fallen short of providing empowering images of women in articles and advertisements. In the 1980s, fitness magazines catering to females were launched for fitness oriented women (Hardin et al 105). Magazines that were targeted at women’s fitness were analyzed regarding how they portray women in not only articles but advertisements as well. Oxygen, Self and Shape are all fitness magazines that provide articles and images of women regarding fitness and health.... [tags: Health & Fitness]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- Crossfit: Forging Elite Fitness Elite athletes to grandmothers can use the Crossfit method of fitness to achieve their fitness goals. It is the best and most well rounded fitness program there is in achieving general fitness. Whatever your fitness level and goals, Crossfit has something to offer everyone. Since its inception it has grown in popularity and has helped many reach maximum levels of fitness. This is why Crossfit is the best fitness program there is. Body: The Crossfit Fitness Organization was founded in 1996 by Coach Greg Glassman.... [tags: Fitness, Entrepreneurship]
1040 words (3 pages)