One summer me and my grandma and uncle went out of town to visit some family in southeast kansas and i knew we would go to are favorite fishing spot while we were there. I was so excited after we went and visited family we went back to the hotel room i knew i should get some rest cause we were going to get up early. The next morning we got around it was about 7am the orange sun was glowing we headed out to the stock pond we fished at when we are out here. After we got out there and got all are stuff set up i had my grandma put some bait on my hook cause i thought it was gross , after she baited my hook i casted my pole out as far as i could and then sat back and waited. As the day went on and the sun got higher and hotter i heard my grandmas bell start ringing on here fishing pole i looked over and seen here jerk it , she started reeling it in it to...
... middle of paper ...
...ing i also enjoy it because it is so peacful and quite. Fishing isn't for everbody it takes alot of patience to fish and that was something my grandma always remined me. My grandma was a very wise woman and was excellent at fishing. Now that i am older i still love fishing and i will always love fishing. I will pass down everything my grandma taught me about fishing down to my children and i hope they will love fishing like i did as a child and create many more memories down the line. My grandma taught me many things in life but she always made me see the finer things in life you don't always need money to have fun it's the little things that can make someone the happiest cause i know she always made me happy i will carry on the thing's she taught me and the love of nature and all the life lessons ive learned from her the rest of my life.
R.I.P Granny *1-11-13*
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The stereotypical grandmother is a sweet old woman, always carrying a plate of fresh baked cookies, who lives just over the river and through the woods. As a child, my grandmother seemed very similar to this fairy tale rendition, but as I have grown I have realized that she has played a much larger role in my life than the storybooks, and really anyone, could have predicted. When I was thirteen years old, my mother kicked me out of the house. My grandmother graciously took me in, since my father had no means of caring for me.... [tags: stereotypes, grandmothers, ]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- In Flannery O'Connor’s A Good Man is Hard to Find, a family trying to go on a trip to Florida plans and lives come to a tragic end because of one person in their family: Their manipulative Grandmother. Even though she says in the beginning “I wouldn't take my children in any direction with a criminal like that aloose in it” (O’Conner pg), she does the complete opposite of her word and leads them all in to the way of danger; The hands of the criminal, The Misfit. If she would have just stayed home, no one would have died in the end and the trip would have went as smoothly as it has before.... [tags: flannery o'connor, grandmother, the misfits]
1498 words (4.3 pages)
- Introduction It has once been said that there is an unlimited supply of fish in the sea, and because the ocean is so big, it will be virtually impossible for it to be over fished. Currently the world’s population is around six billion people, and the demand for fish has never been higher. According to the video, “90% of big fish have been pulled from the ocean, leaving fisherman to compete over the remaining 10%.” Over fishing has lead to a severe decline in certain types of fish populations, mainly the larger, more expensive fish.... [tags: environment, fishing, water pollution]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Fishing contains a wide variety of physics. when you cast you are using projectile motion and rotational motion. when you hook a fish it will often use the drag from the current agenst you. Immagine draging a fish through a swift current. You deal with the tention of your line, and the friction of the line through the guides. you also deal with friction when you use a drag. Reels One of the key components of your fishing gear is the reel. http://www.eangler.com/eangler/proshop/reels.asp?shopby=D&dept_id=67&dept_image=reels.gif&pageheading=Reels&JEX=101025 These are spinning reels designed for smaller fish.... [tags: Physics Science Fish Fishing]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- The Fishing Industry in Gloucester Gloucester Massachusetts is known for its fishing industry. Over 1200 people’s jobs in Gloucester lay in the fishing industry. The fishing industry first derived when people from Europe came over looking for a better life. Gloucester is America’s oldest seaport, and now it is fighting to survive. Now with new rules, and diseases in the sea, the fishing industry will never be what it was decades ago. One of the earliest settlements, Gloucester, Massachusetts, is famous for being America's oldest seaport and the cradle of the country's fishing industry.... [tags: Fishing Massachusetts Industry]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- Alaska Fly-Fishing Expedition: Case Study Assessment, risks and data has been deduced from extensive research into Alaska fly-fishing expeditions. 1. Risks analysis in the Alaska fly-fishing expedition: Risk Identification Personal hazards during expedition. E.g. Hypothermia due to exposure of bad weather temperatures for repeated periods. Injury to head, limbs and other parts through falling, slipping and carelessness on board the vessel. Injuries also sustained during moving, transporting or storing equipment The absence of immediate medical care and the likelihood that significant delays may occur before medical care when injured by equipment on the vessel or by their own careles... [tags: Fly Fishing Risks]
1944 words (5.6 pages)
- Fishing is an activity I have enjoyed doing ever since I was a little kid. In fact, one of my first fishing voyages was with my grandpa when I was about eight years old. He was an avid fisherman who went fishing almost every day and knew everything there was to know about fishing. Grandpa got me hooked on fishing. After Grandpa died, my dad picked up where Grandpa left off. We had a pontoon, and Dad took my brothers and me fishing whenever we had the chance. To this day, I still love fishing just as much as I had on my first fishing trip with my grandpa.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
1417 words (4 pages)
- The Physics of Fishing The use of a boat while fishing and some of the physics applicable to boating will be included in exploring the various ways physics applies to the sport of fishing. Other topics will include the fishing rod, fishing lure, casting, and the fish itself. The boat floats on the water according to Archimedes Principle which states an immersed object is buoyed up by a force equal to the weight of the fluid it displaces. The force applied downwards by earth’s gravity coupled with the upward force of buoyancy allows the boat to float.... [tags: Physics ]
871 words (2.5 pages)
- Fishing COMMERCIAL FISHING Commercial fishing is a worldwide enterprise that involves the capture of marine and freshwater fish and shellfish and their preparation for market. Fishing equipment ranges from small boats whose nets are cast and hauled in by hand to factory ships equipped with the most advanced technologies for finding, harvesting, and preparing huge amounts of fish. These large catches are very costly, however, not only in the price of their equipment and fuel, but also in the depletion of fishery resources their use brings about.... [tags: essays research papers]
2526 words (7.2 pages)
- For those who are curious about fishing, but never seem to have any luck, here are a few simple guidelines to follow which will have you reeling them in in no time. Catching fish can be really easy to do if one has the correct equipment, location, weather, and presentation. First, when fishing, equipment is very important. It would not be prudent to bring knife to a gunfight, and fishing is just the same. When catching 500 lb. swordfish in saltwater it is important to not bring an ultra-light fly rod.... [tags: essays research papers]
579 words (1.7 pages)