... middle of paper ...
...t of the opportunity.
Advice I would give to next years freshman is do not go boy-crazy or girl-crazy during the first semester at least because you need to focus on what you really came here for is higher education. It’s hard enough to get adjusted to the college life, with different methods of teaching to all of the homework. The only emotional distress one should have, not that one should, is just stressing over school. Stressing over being in a relationship isn’t worth it. A second piece of advice I would love to give is studying or doing homework in your dorm room is not effective, you get distracted easily. Go out to the library, and get your homework done faster in a peaceful and quiet environment. I didn’t learn this until the ending of the semester, I wish I had gone to the library earlier, then maybe my grades would be better than they are this semester.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My fears for my FYS class are that I wont be a good peer mentor. And then the new students wont want to get involved in more campus activates. I am trying to get to know each of the students better so I can better assist them with whatever problem they should have. I am also trying to get them more involved by letting them know about the opportunity’s offered at Penn State such as study abroad programs and other student activities. My expectations of my first year seminar class are that it will help me to grow out of my comfort zone.... [tags: Leadership, Want, Better, Need]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- Wednesday, August 31st, started the first day of my college adventure as a first year student at Manchester University. I never imagined being where I am today, at college and being successful by learning new formulas, equations, writing techniques and having the ability to be hands on in my Chemistry lab. I have certainly enjoyed what I am learning here on campus along with having the ability to meet new people, but one college course this semester that has stuck out to me Is English 103 First Year Seminar Writing Lab.... [tags: Essay, Writing, Comma splice, Understanding]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- So far the timing of our seminars has coincided remarkably well with the pacing of my Advance Placement World History course. The Monday after our first seminar, I was scheduled to lecture about Qing China and Tokugawa Japan; last Monday I had already planned to cover the Meiji Restoration. The more I learn about East Asia, the more the pieces of the global history puzzle fall into place for me, and I know my World History students are benefitting. One of the major connections that I made in the last seminar was spurred by The Meiji Revolution film.... [tags: Seminar Analysis]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- Peer mentor program A peer mentor is a program collaborative with the FYE (first year seminar) to provide help for the first year student. To help student overcome the challenge transition to college life, Sacramento state offer a program that would help them adjust to the new start. This program launched during 2002-2003 and the program has grown from group of 5 to 39 peer mentor to serve and help first year students. Every student who has enrolled in first year seminar classes will have an assigned peer mentor to help them with academic advising and provide one on one meeting with students to get them to know what kind of resource, program, and club sac state offers to them, a... [tags: Student, University, A Great Way to Care]
926 words (2.6 pages)
- The emotional first aid seminar was very informational and I felt like I learned many things about how to help people that have lost someone. I will talk about; strengths of the seminar and what could be strengthened, expectations, what I gained/learned, and how I will use the material presented. There were many different strengths that I learned from this seminar. The first strength was the five major EFA skills are reach out, protect, reassure, organize, and reinforce out of all of these I feel like without the reach out step this wouldn’t be able to work.... [tags: Learning, Knowledge, Skill, Psychology]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Throughout the first half of my senior year, I will never forgive taking writing seminar. In the beginning of this year, I never thought of how easy it really is to write an essay. If the writer knows enough information and knows how to communicate that information, it will make for an amazing essay. Even if the writer did not know enough information on the subject he or she is going to write about, they can study the subject and find many interesting things related to what they are talking about.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Essays]
1111 words (3.2 pages)
- Madison Appert US Seminar Fall 2015 Reflection Paper Reflection Paper Since I was younger I always enjoyed learning and being in class. It also became defining as part of my place in the family. My sister was the oldest and was also the first to try new adventures. My brother, who came next, was always social and tearing through town with his friends. I was the youngest, and always the most enthusiastic for school every morning. At least until high school. In high school I changed from a having very active involvement in my schooling into a passive one.... [tags: Learning, Education, High school, School]
1981 words (5.7 pages)
- Reiter and group designed a pre and post surveys were given during an educational seminar on HPV vaccinations. Data was analyzed with a SAS version 9.2 using @-tailed statistical tests and critical alpha of 0.05 (Reiter, Panozzo, Whitesell, & Brewer, 2011). The sample group were parents, healthcare staff, and school staff. A pre and post analysis was performed to assess the knowledge and belies regarding HPV and HPV vaccination. The healthcare staff scored low (31%) in the pretest on how many new HPV cases happen in the United States in a year to show an improvement after the educational intervention at (85%) (Perkins, et al., 2014).... [tags: Human papillomavirus, HPV vaccine, Health care]
1542 words (4.4 pages)
- Seminar: Felicity and Mr Frost Felicity whined as her mother tugged at her shiny red raincoat, "Come on sweetheart, school starts in a minute, the class won't get very far without their teacher." The rain was hammering now and Susie looked fondly down at her three-year-old daughter as she splashed in every puddle on the way to St. James Primary on Madison Street. "Not far now darling" sighed Susie; this journey was so much quicker alone, although it wasn't felicity's fault that her nursery school was closed because of a hole in the roof.... [tags: Papers]
553 words (1.6 pages)
- in the year 1954, the United States was changing rapidly. President Eisenhower, a Republican, was in the midst of his first term. Eisenhower had just announced to the world that the United States had in fact developed and successfully tested the first hydrogen bomb some two years prior. Mamie Eisenhower christened the Nautilus, which was the first submarine to run on nuclear power. The great court decision, “Brown vs. the Board of Education,” called for the integration of the country’s public schools.... [tags: The Year 1954]
1750 words (5 pages)