Eventually all the arguing and yelling got to me. I needed to get out of the house, so I just ran. I ran until I could no longer see the estate. Then I slowed my pace, as I had wiped the tears from my cheeks. I am not sure how long I had walked that day, desperately searching my brain for a way out. It was then, that I discovered the pathway, the very path that would lead me to the strange man. This path was nothing out of the ordinary, just some dirt and some trees. I walked, the path deeper and deeper into the woods, until I came to a creek. On the other side of the creek was the clearing, where the strange man sat. He was maybe ten feet, from where I stood. He was quit mesmerizing, and I soon found myself staring at him in awe. It was then that he looked up and saw me. He had beautiful green eyes; dark hair, a few freckles and a smile that glowed, as he showed off his pearly white teeth. Once, I came to my senses I quickly spun around and made my way home as fast as I could. I was to be married in three months, and I could not be seen fraternizing with other men, al...
... middle of paper ...
...s Xavier. James Xavier. What do they call you.’ to that I rose and curtsied.
‘They call me Claudette Swan.’ I chimed
‘Well, Miss. Swan, I believe we are no longer complete strangers, but acquaintances. And I think that it is quite all right for acquaintances to get married on such a fine evening as this. So, do you, Claudette Swan, take me to be your husband? To have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse? For richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health? To love and to honor, and cherish till death to us part? This is my solemn vow to you.’
You see, life is all about moments of impact and how they changed our lives forever, it all just depends on which path you take. I took the one that led me to a clearing, deep within the woods, to a tree with just one tire swing. The path that led me to James, the stranger that I fell in love with.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The first time I ever saw the strange man in the clearing was in mid-autumn. The wind was cold and all the trees were decorated with brightly coloured leaves. My farther and I were moving into a new estate the day it happened. It had been a week since my eighteenth birthday, which meant that my farther was to make arrangements for me to marry a rich man. Lord Hemsworth was that rich man. Looking back, I never did have the intention of marring the Lord. He was kind, and good, but I did not love him.... [tags: Marriage, English-language films, Thought]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- It was the first time I saw my father. At the age of 5, I was visiting Florida for the first time. The sunny sky and the blue ocean breezy made me feel happy. The atmosphere was so different from New York. I always thought New York was always fast paced and the south was relaxed. I was staying at my aunt’s house for the night. When my cousin Zach and I were playing in the living room. This strange twenty- something year old man walks into the room. My mother was talking to him, but I wasn’t paying to much attention.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Marriage]
804 words (2.3 pages)
- Mom was casually chopping a variety of fruits onto her new wooden cutting board she obtain yesterday as a birthday gift as well as a new blender. Excitingly using her new kitchen items, she slides the chopped fruits into the blender. Going towards to the fridge, she took out two tightly packed romaine lettuce, a gallon of milk, and a bottle of water. Placing the items next to the blender, she first washed the lettuce with cold water. Meanwhile in the garden, [Y/N] was helping her dad learning how to grow your own garden for the very first time.... [tags: High school, Secondary school, Middle school]
1516 words (4.3 pages)
- I 'm probably going to sound like a sucker for love or corny, but I have always been able to see my self with you. Now that I have you, I 've never been so satisfied with the person I have by my side, right now I have you, and I swear Ive never felt so confident in someone. Almost like could shout it from the roof tops with no shame. Like I 'm so lucky to have you. You make me so happy, and I never knew how unhappy I was until you came around and you give me something to look forward to every day (whether its a 30 minute phone call or a 30 minute visit).... [tags: 2007 singles, Debut albums, 2008 singles]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- When I was a younger, I always loved books that were very vivid. The best stories were the most detailed ones. It felt as if I was being cast on an enchanting vacation in my imagination. Often I would find myself daydreaming about any book I had recently read. In these dreams, I would put myself in the story or add a whole new character. It wasn’t just the pictures that would captivate me. The selectively placed words constantly kept me wondering and wanting more. Reading these types of books inspired me to write the same way.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Creative writing, Writing process]
1246 words (3.6 pages)
- In the writing class I started out with a good grade, but on my midterm, I ended up doing very poorly. I came to realize that I am not so good when it to comes to test that is timed. The whole midterm I was worried about the time and how I was going to get my ideas out. I started to panic because I was running out of time and I didn’t finish. Since it was timed I didn’t get to finish it all. This lead to me not having the chance to look over and correct the paper. When I saw my score I immediately felt sad and knew I didn’t do the best I could do.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Time, English-language films]
784 words (2.2 pages)
- An Unforgettable Experience - Original Writing It was my first time at Dubai Airport, the symbol of United Arab Emirates' aviation ascendancy. The bustling International airport was a long way away from my rural residence. Due to the long distance, we had been obliged to take the taxi instead of making use of public transport. The atmosphere in the car was generally silent, but occasionally my parents moaned about all the minor discomforts of the journey. It felt like we were in a funeral.... [tags: Papers]
1800 words (5.1 pages)
- My First Memories - Original Writing "Come on. Hurry up you're going to be on any minute!" She yelled as she belted down the corridor holding my hand and somebody else's. I remember being dragged along like a child's limp rag-doll, bounding side to side. I was ushered into the darkened, suffocating hall filled with row upon row of chairs, where all the people would come in and scrutinize every move I was about to make. And as I continued walking, it all struck me. I don't want to be in here.... [tags: Papers]
837 words (2.4 pages)
- Friday Twenty First - Original Writing Friday the 21st of December, it started of as any other day, the normal rush in the morning, the frantic putting on of uniform and the quick wash of my face. I stumbled down the stairs, pulling my jumper over my head and practically falling through the kitchen door. I was greeted with the familiar smell of burnt toast, my dad complaining about something on the television and my mum's reassuring smile. I smiled back while forcing my schoolbooks into my bag.... [tags: Papers]
466 words (1.3 pages)
- Original Writing I can't have been more than about 3 at the time. This is the main reason I can't remember much about this particular time. From the snippets I do remember, I shall try to explain to you, my last few days before I had to leave Turkey to come to London. I didn't actually know that this day was going to be different from any other; but when you're 3 you don't actually have much control over what your day will be like so this was pretty much a given. My first memory of the day consists of the daily routines after you get up: washing your face, brushing your teeth.... [tags: Papers]
606 words (1.7 pages)