Originally I had signed up for Japanese, the Adobe Master Suite, a module class on the Christmas Carol, Shakespeare, and Medieval Spain. Before I arrived on campus, the Adobe Master Suite class was canceled, so I was left trying to recalibrate my schedule in order to get at least 16 credits instead of 14. Also, I quickly realized I didn’t want to go to an 8am Japanese class, dropped it, and signed up for Walking & Writing. In a sort of surge, I then dropped the Christmas Carol and signed up for Aural History. Unfortunately, I was still left with 14 credits by the end of that, as I was trying to get into Cognition: How People Think before it filled up. Luckily, the professor opened that class to a larger amount of students totaling 34, so I was able to get my 18 credits in the end.
The only qualms I have about the registration process is that my primary choices of Fundamentals of Creative Writing and Fiction from Fact were largely ignored due to the large influx of students this year. So I think I’m going to have to get creative in my approach to learning creative writing, since Walking & Writing is largely about nature or memoirs about walking, whereas I want to write fictional stories that don’t make any sense. Moreover, I wish that the registration process did a better job of making sure that students had 16 credits, instead of leaving them in the wind when a teacher decides to cancel an entire class.
Overall though, I’ve had a good experience learning the fundamentals of literature with Shakespeare: Comedies and Romances. Medieval Spain has taught me about the basis of Spanish culture with regards to Christians, Muslims, and Jews. Cognition has taught me the practical side of psychology that doesn’t focus...
... middle of paper ...
...n more about professional writing.
I guess to put this whole thing into a conclusion would be kind of lame from my perspective. I came to Bennington expecting to immediately jump into Creative Writing, History, and Literature, where I found myself surrounded by limited resources and new professors from Yale. While this could have been worse, I suspect that the registration process doesn’t get any easier over time, so I’m hoping I can brave the same registration process on student populi in about three days. My Field Work Term directly puts me into a position of writing at a non-profit, though I would like to be treated as a decent human being for my labor. Hopefully all of this will give me the skills in the future to get a paid job, as well as continue studying writing and history—but then again there’s a library of knowledge if I don’t get into the classes I want.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- America as a whole is very technologically advanced. My generation in particular is known for being the first generation to grow up with digital technology, and being very technologically dependent. Logging my technology, and going a day without it, was something I absolutely dreaded doing. Growing up with frequent complaints from my parents of being on my phone too much, I knew this was going to be a challenge for me. I knew I used technology a lot, but I found the results from the data I collected were very surprising.... [tags: Technology, Mobile phone, Adobe Creative Suite]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- ... Apple has done a good job on protecting their software from viruses. But any device that goes on the internet should have an anti-virus. Hacker tends to target Microsoft Windows operating because it easier to hack. Apple tends to keep their security flaws hidden from the public. Sometimes the only way a person hears about Apple’s iPad flaws is through the media or internet. For example, if a hacker can jailbreak an iPad, then what makes a person think he or she cannot find a way to bypass iPad’s operating system and put a virus on it.... [tags: malicious software, isecurity suite]
544 words (1.6 pages)
- The Internet Protocol Suite is the communication language utilized on the Internet or World Wide Web. Transmission Control Protocol is the central protocol of Internet Protocol Suite which combined together is known as TCP/IP. It is associated within the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) models. This protocol was originally designed in the 1970’s under a project funded by US Department of Defense. Project members at Stanford University under guidance from the Department of Defense developed this concept to ensure military communications would continue after a nuclear attack by making use of any remaining networking capacity (soure2).... [tags: OSI model, Internet Protocol Suite]
1277 words (3.6 pages)
- Creating the website I started the draft on Adobe Dreamweaver. However, I changed my initial plans I had for the website because it was time consuming. Therefore, I wanted to make the task simple and ensure that the website looked professional. As well as, add information which tourists will find useful. Therefore, I changed my plan for the website. Also, I added a map and images on the website and created the hotspot. I did this for all the sections and added information about each topic which I wrote about.... [tags: Learning, Skill, ColdFusion, Adobe Dreamweaver]
1498 words (4.3 pages)
- Application Definition Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 is a presentation graphic software. It is scalable video editing application that provides customers with the ability to edit anything from DV to HD. It delivers real-time feedback and decreases the time spent rendering. With a host of professional tools including advance and one-click color correction, multiple sequence; precise audio editing tools, and surround-sound support, it delivers professional quality products. Premiere Pro offers an expanded set of tools for correcting, enhancing, and managing your projects.... [tags: Software Adobe]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction Most of you might have heard of the renowned software that’s been alive for decades and is at its peaks as it’s been producing and developing the software year after year. Microsoft Office is an office suite of applications, servers, and services developed by Microsoft. It was first announced by Bill Gates on 1 August 1988, at COMDEX in Las Vegas (Anon., n.d.). Originally a marketing term for a bundled set of applications, the first version of Office contained Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.... [tags: Microsoft Office, Microsoft, Word processor]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- In the town of Santa Rosa California, in the county of Sonoma sits a very run down structure in need of either reconstruction or preservation of the remaining structure. Whether they reconstruct the structure or not, it is a prime example of a structure to be added to the National Register of Historic Places. This building is called the Carrillo Adobe and was owned by a woman by the name of Maria Ygnacia de Carrillo. However the site and part of the structure was constructed before Maria Carrillo moved to the area which would later become Santa Rosa, California and constructed the first structure in the town.... [tags: houses, sonoma county]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- The Carrillo Adobe is eligible for each of the four criteria to be listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The sooner that this property and structure is listed on the site, the sooner it will become a places where families can enjoy this structure once again, and learn about the many events and people that lived here. The structure to begin, far exceeds the fifty year minimum for a structure to be listed, having been built one hundred and seventy seven years ago this year. The first criteria stated that the structure is associated with events that have made a significant contribution to the broad patterns of our history.... [tags: historic events, stone footings, sonoma county]
1332 words (3.8 pages)
- Adobe operates in three segments which are as follows: 1. DIGITAL MEDIA : It provides solutions and tools that enable individuals, small businesses, and enterprises to publish, create, promote, and monetize their digital content anywhere. The products of this segment are Adobe Creative Cloud, a subscription service that provides the customers the ability to download and install the latest versions of its products. This segment serves traditional content creators, Web application developers, and digital media professionals, as well as their management in marketing departments, publishers, agencies and companies.... [tags: Computers, Software]
520 words (1.5 pages)
- The Leonis Adobe The Leonis Adobe was built in stages; however, who and when the original portion of it was built is still under research. At first, there appears to have been a simple adobe farmhouse with whitewashed walls. This original portion of the house is believed to date back to 1844, and if this is so it is almost certain that Leonis did not build it. In any event, about 1880 he extensively enlarged and remodeled the house into the gracious Monterey style mansion you see today, and he and Espirtu moved into it and made it their home.... [tags: essays research papers]
523 words (1.5 pages)