2.) Scar Stories: The scar story that I want to talk about are the one two Dalmatians left in my body. During that time, 2007, I was working for Maricopa County Long term disability helping people in their houses. One special client, asked me to help her friend in the house, and because she was living really close to my house I accepted. It was September 30, we had just bought a house and move in on Sep. 1st, my daughter that morning did not wanted to let me go, she knew that lady had two dogs that barked at me all the time. That was the third time, the dogs were always outside, but this time the owner, coming from errands, instead of letting me go, decided to say hi to her dogs in the backyard. As soon she opened the door, the dogs pushed themselves inside and stared to assault me. At first I thought they were licking me, but then I realized that they were biting. Somehow I was on the floor with the owner...
... middle of paper ...
...s sitting by Alice’s bed side, watching TV, and while she was sleeping breathing heavily, I was holding her hands and singing the song: “You are my sunshine, my only sunshine….” I turned my head to watch TV for a second and turn back to her still holding her hands, and she wasn’t breathing. I jumped out of the chair and I started panicking and asking her: “please wait for Barry.” After few seconds he came and saw that I was agitated and he said: “don’t worry Anna, that’s what she wanted, I am ok with that.” He called the nurse that came to wash and prepare her. I was still in shock and afraid to touch her, but the nurse told me that we still needed to respect her, so I helped wash and dress Alice. For few days I slept with the lights on in the closet near my side of the bed. Alice’s son, Barry became a really good friend of our family. He became like a father to me.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- First Time Homebuyer The first thing to do when you're going to buy your first home is to go right ahead and be pre qualified for a loan. In order to do this you need to sit down with your lender and learn about the different types of loans. Together you and your lender can come up with the best loan for you. The main three are FHA, VA, and Conventional loans. FHA loans limit you to an $118,750.00 buying power. But, the bank is more lenient on slow credit and you can use 100% gift funds.... [tags: Buying House First Time Directions Essays]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- RIGHT TIME,RIGHT PLACE Since joining Bravo Company in December 2014, I have had reoccurring problems concerning respect. Respect is a positive feeling of admiration or deference for a person or other entity, and also specific actions and conduct representative of that esteem. Respect can be a specific feeling of regard for the actual qualities of the one respected . It can also be conduct in accord with a specific ethic of respect. Although my honesty and integrity have never been an issue, I have been spoken to by multiple Non Commission Officers about my actions.... [tags: United States Army, Virtue, Respect, Soldier]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- I am studying at Auckland International College (AIC), whose students come from many countries in the world, such as New Zealand, South Africa, America, Russian, China, Korea, etc. In this aspect, I believe that this life is similar to life at university because I, as well, have to communicate with people who have different nationalities and speak different languages. Nationality and language are factors that usually prevent a student from assimilating into a new environment. However, I think the experience at AIC can help me overcome these obstacles; and I, in turn, will support other international students.... [tags: Personal Experience]
554 words (1.6 pages)
- The First Crusade was well known for their main goal for the European Christians to regain the sacred city of Jerusalem. Before the First Crusades became to be, they were knights at first because they had sworn a vow to successfully reach Jerusalem and were granted taking of the cross or the crux that would be with them in the entire journey. In 1095, Alexius sent mail to the pope to request mercenaries to protect them from the Muslim Invaders. That’s when the pope decided to assist Alexius, to regain some lost territory that’s when Pope decided he wanted to send the European knights to Jerusalem.... [tags: First Crusade, Crusades, Jerusalem]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- I listen to the constant roar of motors as the dirt bikes and go-carts race around the small track behind me. For a few (usually uneventful) hours every Tuesday, I work at the ticket and rider registration booth; collecting money and making everyone sign the if-you-die-you-can’t-sue-us forms. As usual, I was signing in a few riders and spectators at my station; as I listened to my ipod in one ear I completed my task that I had done hundreds of times before. However, this time something distracted me, something that made me lose my rhythm in completing the current customer’s registration.... [tags: essay about myself, Personal Experience]
940 words (2.7 pages)
- Many people take up Golf thinking that it is easy, after all, how hard can it be to hit a little white ball with a stick. This thinking evaporates the first time they step onto a driving range and attempt to hit that little white ball. Golf is not easy by any stretch of the imagination. My experience with golf began in May of 2005 when friends came to stay with us; my wife informed me that I would have to take Roy, her friend’s husband Golfing. I had not been to a driving range (since I was in my teens) and I had never played golf on a course before.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Personal Experience]
940 words (2.7 pages)
- My previous experience in counseling encompassed three different aspects. The first is Decision Counseling which involves leading individuals in giving their lives to Christ. Next, Commissioned Lay Counseling assists in leading individuals to view life issues from a Christ-centered perspective. Lastly, Coaching consists of leading individuals to have a different view on past negative life experiences. Functioning in all three capacities has shown me the need others have for understanding and coping with difficult issues and has also shaped my desire to further my education and better equip myself with the knowledge needed to help the hurting and the lost.... [tags: Doctorate, Academic degree, Experience]
801 words (2.3 pages)
- My first experience with death occurred when I was around the age of 6. My grandfather on my dad’s side had been diagnosed with lung cancer. I did not know him, he was in India and I had only seen him through pictures my mom had shown me. At that time, I felt nothing, how could I be upset over someone I barely knew. I remember my parents sitting at the table talking about his deteriorating condition.... [tags: beliefs, hinduism]
2300 words (6.6 pages)
- Nearly seven years ago, when I started working for the local DirecTV installation company, it wasn’t exactly a dream come true. I had the aptitude for it, having worked previously as a home theatre installer back in Kansas City, but this job was much easier by comparison. What made this job less than desirable were the hot attics, damp crawlspaces where I wasn’t always the only thing crawling around and the loose eaves near ideal dish mounting locations that were often home to swarms of hornets.... [tags: Personal Experience, Autobiography]
1222 words (3.5 pages)
- Introduction In the reading "A first time expatriates experience in a joint venture in China" we have come to understand the nature and structure of the joint venture between the U.S.A. and China and the role that James Randolf played to strengthen and maintain the international partnership. Controls Inc. was a subsidiary of the parent company Filtration Inc. and so was shielded from any outside competition. When Controls Inc. was given the charter to pursue its own business they realized the need for being cost effective as a result of which they started an operation in Singapore with the name Controls Asia-Pacific with the prime objective to have a presence in the region and to study and... [tags: International, Business, Case Study, solution]
1747 words (5 pages)