The kitchen was empty, signaling that I was the only one awake. I looked in the fridge for breakfast, and found one egg and 6 mini sausages left. After staring at the almost empty fridge, I kept a mental note to remind dad to go grocery shopping soon. I searched every square inch of the kitchen for a clean pan to cook on and as soon as I found one, I immediately lit the stove and placed the pan over top the heat. I crack the egg and let it sizzle while I reach for the cabinet that contains all of the plates. I put the small plate beside the stove and turn the egg over quickly to cook the yolk. I do the same with the six sausages and place them by the egg.
I smile. It's been a long time since I actually cooked for myself and it ended successfully. Before I'm even able to sit down, I hear the awakened dragon of man stink and raging hormones, for my wonderful stepbrother David obviously smelt food. Being the beast he is, he snatched the plate from me, then sneeringly grinned and proceeded to ask sarcastically, "Oh, I'm sorry Alan. Were you going to eat this?" I stared.
"Yes..." I say, letting out a small sigh.
"Awe, well that's too bad. Maybe you could go suck a dick somewhere for break...
... middle of paper ...
...stare at me.
"As you should know, Truman's new here. But, he doesn't like his seat..." Truman continues to stare, making whatever it is in my practically empty stomach suddenly begin to come up.
"Would you mind if you two were to switch?" He asks, but I'm too concerned on spewing chunks everywhere. This guy's eyes is putting serious pressure on me and I don't know why.
"Alan?" Mr. Foreman calls out to me & when I open my mouth to try to respond to the question asked, I start to think how stupid a thing to do that was.
I loose whatever was in my stomach and barf all over Mr. Foreman. Jesus. Christ. Laughter erupts in both mine and Mr. Foreman's dismay. I glance over at Truman who surprisingly looks understanding. Run away. Is what the voices inside my head shout, and I do just that. I know exactly what's going on now, and I honestly hope that new kid doesn't.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Firstly I wish I would of known to check my schedule on the first day of school I printed my schedule weeks before in the summer I had already planned out where to go and got familiar with the buildings when I arrived I found out my classes had been moved to building I had never heard of it. With my phone not getting reception I had no Idea where to go or if the teacher was even there luckily other students in the class were able to found the class room but if I had check that day I could have avoided the confusion.... [tags: Credit history, Credit card, High school]
1343 words (3.8 pages)
- ... I went from being a top student at a prestigious preparatory school in London to a lackluster student at an enormous public school in Texas. In light of all this unfamiliarity and confusion I yearned to return to my prior life, but had no say in my family 's decision to continue living in the United States. As a result, I was forced to venture on a path to try and assimilate into American culture, along which I made plenty of mistakes. Furthermore, as I continued my trek I found that the tendencies that I had formed in my traumatic initial years of middle school carried over to high school; I remained a poor student and still struggled to find comfort in my new surroundings.... [tags: High school, Secondary school, College]
788 words (2.3 pages)
- As I opened the doors to Lynn Gross Discovery School P.S. 17Q. I felt the butterflies in my stomach. It was the first day of school in America for me and had a bad feeling. My mom, my dad, my sister, Monica and I step inside the school. I looked inside the enormous hallway and the walls covered with artwork and pictures. My dad commanded my sister, Monica and I “I have to go to the office and do something. You two sit down on the benches and wait with your mom.” Monica and I agreed and said, “Okay.’’ I felt the clock ticking by and I wished for the world to stop turning.... [tags: Personal Experience, Autobiography]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- ... Some group of kids actually approach me and I believe they are sixth graders which is a year older than me. I thought I would finally make some friends unfortunately it was not like that. I was approach because I was a minority and I did not fit in well with the rest of them. I was bullied that day due to my cultural identity. It is also because the way I look; my face was different from them. For the most part I did not even see the dissimilarities amongst everyone. I was so naïve because I did not even know that such world existed.... [tags: English-language films, Thought, Mind, Bullying]
1062 words (3 pages)
- The alarm clock buzzed loudly beside my ear. Feeling like a gong that was being hit repeatedly was placed right beside my head. I sluggishly pulled myself out of my bed and dragged myself to my closet. The words, first day of school moaned ghastly in my head. Summer was uneventful and school was just going to be hell. I picked out an old, worn out flannel and a pair of jeans to wear. Not rushing at all, I struggled to put the raggedy clothes on. They smelt like horrendous lies and rumors. Exactly what this state and my school are built on.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
1256 words (3.6 pages)
- Beep…Beep…Beep… Grumbling, Nina Young stumbled out of her bed. The first thing she did was look outside at the raindrops that drummed on her window. As Nina tripped over her alarm, she remembered why she was awake at such an early hour. “OH NO!” It was the first day of school. Nina ran out the door ten minutes late wearing her school uniform which was a white button down and a black circle skirt. Nina hadn’t even eaten anything after saying goodbye to her parents, but she could handle hunger. What she couldn’t handle was being late.... [tags: meeting, emotion, tree]
1061 words (3 pages)
- Did you ever think how you came succeed in your career or future. When I was fifteen years old, one day I was getting out of my school that was not too far from my house in Mexico. I live in Reynosa, Tamaulipas. It’s just besides Hidalgo. When I enter to my house I saw a bunch of things out and a suitcase. I think that my family and I we´re going to vacation. But not. My mom told me to order my things because I will go to United States to study. And my life will start in that day. The first day of school I wake up so excited.... [tags: Debut albums, English-language films, 2006 albums]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- ... For the first time in my young life, I felt appreciated, accepted. This all changed when a new boy, Ryan, joined our class. Because his last name also started with a “W”, the teacher instructed him to sit next to me. Ryan took one look at me and scrunched up his nose in disgust. “I don’t want to sit with her,” he sneered, “Her skin looks like poop!” Immediately, the class erupted into laughter. My teacher tried to calm them and rebuke Ryan at the same time, her skin burning red with embarrassment.... [tags: White people, Black people, Miscegenation, Race]
1014 words (2.9 pages)
- Why do we really need to learn about you every single day for almost a whole hour. Math is important but not to the point where we need to learn how to find the square root of 625 and then subtract X to get how many apples are in a barrel. We will probably never use you in our lives. You have been in my life ever I’ve been in kindergarten. Every time I learn about you my teachers are horrible. For some reason, I believe math teachers are cursed with some poisonous potion that makes them cruel and horrifying.... [tags: Self-esteem, Psychology, Educational years]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- The First Day of School My first actual school day at CIS was bewildering to say the least. Everything was hectic and in chaos from the nearly extreme tense atmosphere to the poorly organised day plans handed to each student that walked through the large door way. This was different from my first experience with CIS mainly because this time I had to navigate myself around, what seemed at the time, an endless labyrinth of twisting corridors and class rooms. My first impression of the school itself was hot it was partitioned in different layers based on which year you were in, unlike my pervious school where everything was mixed up.... [tags: essays research papers]
726 words (2.1 pages)