... middle of paper ...
...ined multiple videos that she would pause and discuss with the students. She noticed that the students started to lose focus, so she stopped the lesson for the day and handed out the worksheet. Mrs. Angelette used the smartboard to practice a couple of the examples before letting the students start on their own. Through all of my observations, I have realized that it is crucial for teachers to be able to go with the flow and change plans at the drop of a hat. There was no point for her to go on with today’s lesson because she would have had to go over it again before testing them anyways. The students in the class are no different than the rest of the students at College Station High School, but they do learn a little differently. Since this class is so small, Mrs. Angelette is able to take her time with each lesson and ensure that all students are on the same page.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As a senior in college at 26, I’m not the traditional type of student. I’m labeled as a non-traditional. I have also been termed with anxiety and dyslexic. These labels put on me could have caused for a disastrous college experience. But, there has always been something in myself that pushes me to fight beyond these three labels. In elementary school I was reading letters and numbers backwards, teachers believed me dumb. The school administrators told my family that I’d need to be placed in the special needs class upon entering middle school.... [tags: College, High school, Middle school]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- ... Another place where that engagement was displayed was with a group of student who were working on a mural outside the computer lab. Those students were also interacting with each other, while they were painting. Like Lopez underlines, those specific engagement can “make the environment fun and relaxing…[and it]... foster[s] a sense of community” (4). I was able to see how the school accomplish that with each activity the student are engage in. Surely, OIHS provides the resources necessary for the students to succeed in class but also allows students to develop on their leadership and social skills.... [tags: High school, Education, Observation, College]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- Before I even started my internship at Rockingham County High School I drove out to the school. First, so that I knew how to get to the school. Secondly, I was curious about the community around the school. When I look online there doesn’t seem to be much around the school. Yet, when you actually go to the area there is quite a bit. Down the road is an apple farm. On both sides of the high school is the middle school and the elementary school. Then up and down the road before turning into the school lot is a collection of shops and restaurants.... [tags: College, High school, United States, Middle school]
847 words (2.4 pages)
- Who Are You. I find myself struggling as I try to think of how to describe the different interacting social groups at my high school; Swansboro High School. Swansboro High School while being known for and having pride in its high levels of athletic competition especially in the sports soccer, tennis, track, and girls’ basketball, was often consumed in drama on a daily basis. As in the other local high schools in Onslow County, the drama usually stemmed from individuals in one social group having a problem with an individual from another group or even in the same group.... [tags: High school, Graduation, Extracurricular activity]
1139 words (3.3 pages)
- ... A school is not a daycare. A school is a place where a student should feel safe, secure, and know that everyone in that school wants them to succeed in their life. The role of a teacher plays a huge part in not only the schools’ reputation, but in a student’s life. A teacher should be honest, caring, trustworthy, and have social skills. A teacher should be able to give his/her students 110%. A great teacher can drastically change how a student feels about school. When you have a teacher, who listens, and supports you then a student is more likely to succeed.... [tags: Education, High school, Teacher, School]
845 words (2.4 pages)
- College Admissions: What will you be like at your high school reunion. An automobile, a vibrant yellow sport scar, pulls up to the front of the school. Its mirrored windows reflect the faces of a large crowd, waiting breathlessly for the car door to open. A man steps out of the driver's side, dressed in a formal suit, with the roguish appeal and smile of James Bond, the famous 007 agent. He walks around the front of the car and helps his date get out. The two of them stride hand in hand towards the school as flashes go off and people point at them.... [tags: College Admissions Essays]
677 words (1.9 pages)
- Guns Should Not Be Allowed On Public School A recent statistic shows that there have been more than forty-seven deadly shootings took place at school campus in year of 2015, and these numbers keep increasing each year. When you are in school such as elementary, middle school, high school, and even college, you want to be safe when you get to the campus. You want the school to make sure school district will ensure safety for your kids after dropped them at school. The schools must be a safest place for kid, so they can fully participate on academic.... [tags: High school, College, Police]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- With church situated, school was my next area of concern. I had already started high school at Benjamin Franklin High School prior to finding the church. I was petrified of going there because I had not been to a predominately Black school since leaving Miami in 1990. I was now a teen, a junior. All my city slicks were now obsolete. I remembered Antwan almost having me killed. I remembered all the fights I had, and how violent school life was at the predominately Black schools I attended at the primary and middle school levels.... [tags: High school, College, African American]
1821 words (5.2 pages)
- ... The projects became competitive, and I always wanted my group to have the best product to present to our peers. Our creativity was stripped away by the administration, who cut the program short. Even though the computer program was discontinued, I found something I liked, and a teacher who believed in me. The lack of enrichment opportunities, like engineering and math clubs, led my friends and I to cause harm in our community out of boredom. During middle school, graffiti was something my friends and I picked up.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Education]
1122 words (3.2 pages)
- Dougherty Middle School has a dramatic and colorful history. The school was established in September 1960 as East Dougherty Junior High School. The grades in the school included seventh, eighth and ninth. The main reason for the founding of this school was to have a school on the east of the Flint River. This school would also serve the needs of the Turner Air Force Base and the Marine Core Logistics Base communities. Due to segregation at this particular time, the ethnic makeup of the school was all Caucasians.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Secondary school]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- The Field Of Addictions And The Emerging Market Of Farr Certified Recovery Residences
- Childhood Obesity : The Healthy Hampton Roads Leadership Summit ( 2011 )
- Mineral And Vitamins Of Vitamin C
- The Sacred Addiction : Exploring The Spiritual And Psychological Components Of Alcoholic Anonymous
- What Makes Me Who I Am?
- High School, Athletes, And Academic Achievement