As a fireman, I like things to be safe, I like things to be simple, and most of all, I like children to be safe. I am here today to talk to you about electrical hazards and safety measures to avoid getting seriously injured. There is one thing you must always remember, electrical safety always leads to fire safety. You must know that new electrical components are always safer than old worn out ones. Electricity may not look harmful at first glance, although you might be surprised of it's devastating fire power. I am here to talk to you about the different safety precautions to take for each individual hazard. Always remember, electrical safety always leads to fire safety.
Have you ever wanted to plug in many electrical appliances but simply did not have enough plugs? You might think the problem would be solved with a multi-way adapter. Not so fast! Multi-way adaptors can be the source of a fire in your home! Some of these adaptors are not meant to sustain this much power distribution and might cause a black out in your house or a spark could set off a ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Whether you are living on your own or with your family, home is always a place to enjoy, entertain and relax – a place happier than any other. But, with one burglary or a major accident the dream can fast turn into a nightmare. However, with some educated caution we can prevent most of these untoward incidents. Fire safety tips – Fire is the reason for the most major accidents to occur at home. Avoid any such incident by following these home fire safety tips. Buy a fire extinguisher and place it safely away from any open flames but in an easily accessible area.... [tags: fire, burglar alarm, emergency]
567 words (1.6 pages)
- An outpatient clinic offers a number of patients that need expanded services. The services provided allow the patients to receive primary care. The other services provide women healthcare, phlebotomy, social services, mental health and weight management. The outpatient clinic affiliated with other clinics. The safety aspect of the facility is making sure the patients provided with quality services. VANESSA 1. Standard Operating Procedures for Fire and Safety Management in a New Outpatient Healthcare Facility A. New healthcare facilities are regulated to the highest extent to assure the staff is aware of Standard Operating Procedures on following appropriate protocol in an emergency.... [tags: Occupational safety and health, Construction]
1306 words (3.7 pages)
- Safety in the Workplace Safety is a concern that is discussed at The Department for Children and Families. During this student’s interview this student was provided with a short document discussing basic safety policy. Upon beginning practicum placement this student inquired if there was a more substantial safety policy, and this student was provided with the Safety, Security, and Emergency Operations Manual. This 67 page document gives detailed policies regarding safety in the workplace in the field.... [tags: Safety, Risk, Security]
1189 words (3.4 pages)
- Steven Pressfields: Gates of fire is based on a true story of how three hundred courageous warrior Spartans led by their king Leonidas and 700 Thespaian allies held off an army of over one million Persian infantrymen on a narrow pass in Thermopylae Greece in 480 B.C. for seven days. The Spartan Warriors were highly disciplined, physically and mentally tough soldiers that were dedicated to their country and way of life. The three hundred Spartan’s left home one day leaving their families behind, on a suicide mission to buy time for their countrymen to organize forces.... [tags: Spartans, Steven Pressfields, Gates of fire,]
1632 words (4.7 pages)
- Bolting Windows Safety is important everywhere; safety in a hospital is just as important if not more. When a baby is born, it wants the safety of its mother. If a child falls off their bike, they cry for their parents. If a teen or adult goes to work, they want the comfort of knowing that they’re safe and going to make it home. The truth is, going to work in the hospital, it can be a very unpredictable. Hospitals aim to be safe. We all take special precautions to make sure others’ germs and bacteria doesn’t spread.... [tags: Hospital, Patient, Safety, Emergency department]
1288 words (3.7 pages)
- Cooking can be great fun. But kitchen is also the number one area where home disasters take place everyday. From boiling liquids to sharp knives, from hot pots to open flames – the kitchen is full of things which can turn dangerous very easily. So, safety needs to be your foremost priority. In this guide, we describe the basic kitchen safety rules. Keep these kitchen safety tips in your mind to avoid accidents and injuries in your kitchen. Avoid health hazards Store raw poultry and other meat carefully and separated from other items to avoid cross-contamination of harmful bacteria.... [tags: health, fire, hazzards]
544 words (1.6 pages)
- It is the responsibility for teachers to create a healthy learning environment that is physically, emotionally and intellectually safe, clean and secure for all children. I believe effective classrooms are places where children feel well cared for and safe. They are places where children should be valued as individuals and where their needs for attention, approval, and affection are supported. They are also places where children can be helped to acquire a strong foundation of / for the knowledge and skills needed for school success.... [tags: Teacher, Learning, Education, Teaching]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- During the fire safety program I learn a lot of important things like fire safety should know. The fire triangle has oxygen, heat, fuel and there has to be one missing for it to go out. Arson is intentionally set fire malius and you also want to cause harm and the possible consequences you can get is restitution, probation, house arrest, community service, out of the home placement, juvenile detention. A first degree arson can be a structure that attempts to produce methamphetamine Arson first degree in a class B felony is person who has suffered serious physical injury or has died.... [tags: arson, smoke, crime]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- Man and Nature in Norman Maclean's book, Young Men and Fire Norman Maclean's book, Young Men and Fire, recreates the tragedy of the Mann Gulch fire. His ambition to have this lamentable episode of history reach out and touch his readers triumphs in extolling the honor and respect deserved by the thirteen smoke jumpers who died. This book is a splendid tribute to the courageous efforts of such men, as well as a landmark, reminding mankind to heed the unpredictable behavior and raw power of nature.... [tags: Young Men and Fire]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- ... Whilst, the mother’s know that smoking has more effect to the second hand smoking. Also, she always advises the father’s to leave this bad habit. I think smoking is a very dangerous habit, and it is can cause respiratory diseases, lung cancer and heart diseases. The smoking could be a big issue in the future because it not only affects the smoker person, but it affects other people who are not smoking (Krriem, 2012). I advise the father’s to reading more about the risk factor of smoking and the effect of smoking on second hand smokes .Also, I advise the mother to not change her opinion and help her husband to quit.... [tags: smoking, food safety, home safety, hygene]
927 words (2.6 pages)