The sources that I choose, would allow me to create a story of what people saw the value of gold to be. It would also allow me to use details and even firsthand accounts of the transferability of gold along with the consequences of having it. In writing this account, I would first describe the discovered of gold, how it became valuable and then lead into how gold shaped the British Empire. My main focus would be on the growth of the empire and the conquering of land because wealth as a major driving factor for the British Empire. I would also used some analogies such as the rich get richer and the poor get poorer to persuade the reader that Great Britain only pursued colonies that would have sometime to offer such as land, natural resources, good agriculture, food, labor, and most importantly gold.
We have learned that throughout history, Great Brita...
... middle of paper ...
...ld be about. Along with giving vital information that will help prove my argument there is a tremendous amount of information about robberies that occurred or even the deaths of many people as a result of gold. One of the reasons why I choose gold as a commodity was because I thought that more information I have the easier it would be, but found that when there is a lot of information there is also a lot more to comb through, resulting in a lot more effort to complete the paper. The main problem was finding relevant information, but when you have so much that task become ten times more difficult. I can successfully write a research paper on my commodity, but would need to reserve a lot of energy to staying on task making. Maybe a commodity with less information would equate to an easier research paper as you can prove your point and stick to it with little effort.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Finding someone within health sciences who would be comparable to an entrepreneur from our definition seemed rather difficult at first. I wasn’t sure who could possibly be someone to innovate and fix problems without being some sort of medical device engineer. Throughout the semester, I have learned to look at people and what they do differently, and see that everyone is really some level of an entrepreneur. We define an entrepreneur as one who undertakes personal economic risk to create a new organization that will exploit new technology or innovative process that generates value to others.... [tags: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneur, Innovation]
1217 words (3.5 pages)
- Show, don’t tell. That’s the new motto of online marketing. Visual storytelling is staking its claim into business strategies across several industries. From Lowe’s six-second Vines to Etsy’s Pinterest boards, top brands are seeking new, eye-catching ways to gain their audience’s attention. Socialbakers.com reports that Facebook posts with photos saw the most engagement, receiving 87% of total interactions. That’s why it’s no surprise that 71% of marketers use visual assets in their social media marketing.... [tags: Marketing, Advertising, Graphic design]
1753 words (5 pages)
- Recruitment is the process of finding and sourcing quality profiles for the companies. Recruitment is researching profiles to find the best fit for a role. Recruitment can be divided into two types; internal and external recruitment (Recruitment Methods, n.d.). Internal recruitment involves recruiting candidates within its existing workforce. External recruitment involves recruiting suitable applicants outside the organization. INTERNAL RECRUITMENT Internal recruitment is the process in which the role posting can only be filled by the people that work with the organization already.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Instruction People have been running experiments for a long time, not just in the chemistry lab or other fields of natural science, but also in marketing research and other offline business studies. Recently, with the rapid growing of online business and online marketing, people gradually realize the vital position of online testing for every business of any size. By learning so much from the offline experimentation techniques, online testing has much more advantages and much less limitations compare with offline experimentation.... [tags: Marketing, Internet marketing, Software testing]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Wikipedia officially opened to the public in January of 2001, the first online encyclopedia that was available to editing by the public. This site is accessible by anyone with Internet and is available in multiple different languages. However, the site is fairly easy to edit and does not have confirmed reliable sources. The main problem with this site is that our generation tends to believe that anything found on the Internet is true. Students have made a shift to using Internet sources for research over books, however the Internet is not always the best choice.... [tags: reliable sources for research]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- As every college student knows, the process of registering for class is daunting. State University students can especially relate at this time of year, the peak time for registering for spring classes. Finding classes that fit in between clubs, organizations, work schedules, family commitments, and other classes seems like an impossible task. Many students on college campuses across the nation are turning to online classes, a flexible alternative that allows students to juggle their busy schedules while keeping on track for graduation.... [tags: argumentative essay]
1946 words (5.6 pages)
- ... Project Methods Information gathered to compare the options would come from several different types of sources: • Websites • Interviews • Discussion Boards • Email Exchanges with Schools Websites School websites and websites that compare schools will be used to evaluate the options. Most of the information for cost, graduation rates, application requirements, post-graduation employment rates ( i.e. ease of finding a job post-graduation ), internship opportunities and quality of jobs found post-graduation will be gathered from these websites.... [tags: communication technology for distance education]
1154 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction What is the most effective way of engaging at risk student in the classroom. What online curriculum is the most effective for at risk students learning. If these questions can be answered then all students can be as successful. Background Options, an alternative learning program comprises of 42 full time and 33 part time students, all of which are at risk students. To qualify as such a student certain conditions need to be applicable, these are but not limited to drug dependency, extreme anxiety, limited school schedule, and depression.... [tags: Education, Learning, High school, Need]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- The report examines three universities to determine the one that offers the best online MBA program, which suits MegaCorp employees. The three learning institutions examined include the Walden, Washington State, and North Carolina State universities. Of the three, Walden is the cheapest, as it offers the online MBA program at the lowest cost per credit hours followed by Washington State and North Carolina State. However, the Washington State University offers the best online MBA program in terms of its quality and is the most suitable compared to the other two institutions.... [tags: Best Online MBA Program ]
2256 words (6.4 pages)
- In day and age, it is relatively hard to find the best source to get referral traffic for online marketing and promotions. However, when it comes to marketing you should base your website's niche on audiences that will not only benefit drive traffic to yourself but help you make the sales. Doing this will also help you avoid driving in the wrong kind of traffic and wasting too much time trying to correct the problem. When it comes to obtaining the best sources to get referral traffic, there are two ways which are effective and they are pay-per-click advertising agencies and social networking.... [tags: online marketing strategies]
583 words (1.7 pages)