The sources that I choose, would allow me to create a story of what people saw the value of gold to be. It would also allow me to use details and even firsthand accounts of the transferability of gold along with the consequences of having it. In writing this account, I would first describe the discovered of gold, how it became valuable and then lead into how gold shaped the British Empire. My main focus would be on the growth of the empire and the conquering of land because wealth as a major driving factor for the British Empire. I would also used some analogies such as the rich get richer and the poor get poorer to persuade the reader that Great Britain only pursued colonies that would have sometime to offer such as land, natural resources, good agriculture, food, labor, and most importantly gold.
We have learned that throughout history, Great Brita...
... middle of paper ...
...ld be about. Along with giving vital information that will help prove my argument there is a tremendous amount of information about robberies that occurred or even the deaths of many people as a result of gold. One of the reasons why I choose gold as a commodity was because I thought that more information I have the easier it would be, but found that when there is a lot of information there is also a lot more to comb through, resulting in a lot more effort to complete the paper. The main problem was finding relevant information, but when you have so much that task become ten times more difficult. I can successfully write a research paper on my commodity, but would need to reserve a lot of energy to staying on task making. Maybe a commodity with less information would equate to an easier research paper as you can prove your point and stick to it with little effort.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As every college student knows, the process of registering for class is daunting. State University students can especially relate at this time of year, the peak time for registering for spring classes. Finding classes that fit in between clubs, organizations, work schedules, family commitments, and other classes seems like an impossible task. Many students on college campuses across the nation are turning to online classes, a flexible alternative that allows students to juggle their busy schedules while keeping on track for graduation.... [tags: argumentative essay]
1946 words (5.6 pages)
- ... Project Methods Information gathered to compare the options would come from several different types of sources: • Websites • Interviews • Discussion Boards • Email Exchanges with Schools Websites School websites and websites that compare schools will be used to evaluate the options. Most of the information for cost, graduation rates, application requirements, post-graduation employment rates ( i.e. ease of finding a job post-graduation ), internship opportunities and quality of jobs found post-graduation will be gathered from these websites.... [tags: communication technology for distance education]
1154 words (3.3 pages)
- Wikipedia officially opened to the public in January of 2001, the first online encyclopedia that was available to editing by the public. This site is accessible by anyone with Internet and is available in multiple different languages. However, the site is fairly easy to edit and does not have confirmed reliable sources. The main problem with this site is that our generation tends to believe that anything found on the Internet is true. Students have made a shift to using Internet sources for research over books, however the Internet is not always the best choice.... [tags: reliable sources for research]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- The report examines three universities to determine the one that offers the best online MBA program, which suits MegaCorp employees. The three learning institutions examined include the Walden, Washington State, and North Carolina State universities. Of the three, Walden is the cheapest, as it offers the online MBA program at the lowest cost per credit hours followed by Washington State and North Carolina State. However, the Washington State University offers the best online MBA program in terms of its quality and is the most suitable compared to the other two institutions.... [tags: Best Online MBA Program ]
2256 words (6.4 pages)
- In day and age, it is relatively hard to find the best source to get referral traffic for online marketing and promotions. However, when it comes to marketing you should base your website's niche on audiences that will not only benefit drive traffic to yourself but help you make the sales. Doing this will also help you avoid driving in the wrong kind of traffic and wasting too much time trying to correct the problem. When it comes to obtaining the best sources to get referral traffic, there are two ways which are effective and they are pay-per-click advertising agencies and social networking.... [tags: online marketing strategies]
583 words (1.7 pages)
- Introduction Based on a research of Online Dating & Relationships, Smith and Duggan stated that the ways of finding partners have been changed with the times. In the past, people used matchmaking, arranged marriages and printed personal ads. With the rapid technology advancement, there are alternative methods - online dating sites and smart phone dating apps. To compare with the people who date traditionally, people who date online are active to choose their dream man or woman by browsing the others profiles (9).... [tags: finding partners, traditional dating]
1593 words (4.6 pages)
- ... These flashlight are also commonly used for emergencies and power outages, but they're not quite as useful as larger flashlights in these situations due to their smaller beam of light. However, these flashlights are perfect for survival and outdoor use as they're large enough to be useful in those situations without being bulky or heavy while traveling. Small flashlights can easily fit in the palm of your hand, and they're commonly used as everyday portable flashlights to keep in cars or toolboxes.... [tags: brightness, battery, bulb]
1428 words (4.1 pages)
- A common debate in the social studies classrooms and discussions in recent years revolves around the use of a particular type of resource, the primary source. Some are skeptical about the use of primary sources having a strong impact. Many believe that the use of primary sources allows students insight into the minds and personal stories of those who actually experienced the events and the stories behind all key concepts in social studies. The studies that are reviewed in the present paper provide evidence of the latter.... [tags: social studies, digital sources]
1561 words (4.5 pages)
- ... He developed the Italian arm of a Flash Sale Home and Living website called Westwing (Dalani.it in Italy) which secured a 50 million USD funding last year. Critical Success factor of Zalora 3.1 Shipping ZALORA provide free shipping over a certain spend for customer. Customers can qualify for Free Delivery when the minimum basket size of RM75 is met, for both East and West Malaysia. If you order less than RM75, you will be charge flat shipping fee of RM10 for delivery to East Malaysia and RM5 for delivery to West Malaysia.... [tags: fashion, Maylasia, clothes]
790 words (2.3 pages)
- ... Such advances have slowly closed the gap between products from well-known and less-known brands. This phenomenon has caused less product differentiation among competitors, leaving price as the major decision-making tool for customers (“Global Consumer Electronics”, 2013). This lack of exclusivity of brands has increased buyer power for the consumer electronics sub-industry (Exhibit J). With price sensitivity increasing, the need to cut costs and offer competitive prices has defined many sub-industries of the retail market.... [tags: advantages, online retail, disadvantages]
869 words (2.5 pages)