Hooking up isn’t always finding a guy or a girl having a night of wild sex, the sociologist cuts in into three categories. The first is you met a random girl at a party and they make out, the second is it leads to oral sex, the third it goes all the way to a home run. On a college campus the people with the easiest access with alcohol are the fraternity men according to this article, these fraternities host parties where they use the alcohol as a means to hookup with women easier since they do not let them go home after they consume the alcohol. The main differences between the Hookup culture and dating is there is companionship and love, with dating you have a partner you are wanting to please also when hooking up you are looking out for only yourself to fulfill physical needs. In the hookup culture men can be praised for having sex with multiple women, while women will be called a whore. When in a relationship women are expected to contribue sexually so they are not looked down upon for having sex. For many women hooking up gives them a self esteem boost. Hook ups are not as common as the media portrays them to be, the majority of college students will encounter less than 10 hookups in their college years.
Women are not always looking for a lasting relationship when they go to a party. They are just looking for a good time, that goodtime may result in sleep...
... middle of paper ...
...cohol is always involved. It normally starts off at the beginning of the night when the pair start to converse the conversation gets going well and then the pair starts making out, the other people in the room take a hint about what is going happen so they leave the room leaving the two of them alone. Then the next day you get to see the walk of shame the girl walks home alone. This the hookup scene I have seen. Dating in college I have seen portrayed as just a guy and a girl hangout for extending periods of time, along with a solid sex life. The way I have viewed women has changed from highschool to college, in high school many of the girls I have met I would have viewed as sluts, now in college I see this is the norm. The mistreatment of women in hookups is depressing to me, seeing that men have little consideratio for what he women gets out of the sexual encouter.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... The faith based school had stricter sex policy rules, with student not being allowed to have any sexual intercourse in university-owned residential buildings. She interviewed all of the young adults on a one-to-one bases to create a more comfortable atmosphere for the questioning (Bogle 2008). Throughout the process of her interviews, and after when she was of course writing this very book, Bogle made many major conclusions regarding the hookup scene. One major conclusion was the both of the sexes, although if is different for each, seem to be participating in it.... [tags: changing old dating cuture for new hooking up]
1364 words (3.9 pages)
- In today’s world the practice of hooking up is becoming all too common. It seems like it’s the normal thing to do while attending college. Conversations like the one above are what I hear every Monday on my walk through campus to class. Hooking up is just something everyone does when they are single in college. If one is in a relationship the norm seems to be living together or staying together most nights. Many say, mostly college student’s parents and older adults, what seems to be a steady increase of the hook up and cohabitation culture can lead to problems down the road.... [tags: Marriage, Sexual intercourse, Human sexuality]
1768 words (5.1 pages)
- This is a film commentary on the movie Finding Nemo by Andrew Stanton. It is about a clown fish named Marlin (Albert Brooks). He’s very overprotective about his son Nemo (Alexander Gould) and carefully watches his every move. Marlin’s wife was killed when a barracuda came to their reef and murdered her and all their eggs of baby clownfish. But there was only one egg that was found hurt. That last egg was Nemo. That left Marlin being the widower and having to take care of Nemo on his own. He learned to become a mother and a father to take care of Nemo.... [tags: Finding Nemo, Clownfish, Andrew Stanton]
1043 words (3 pages)
- Finding new customers is not easy and will be better to keep the current customers. To think about how much time will be spent when someone starts hi/her business from one firm to another which looks like as time wasted cutting hair somewhere. Even the person is not happy with the hair cut to talk to another hair cut or to look for other salons. This is the situation in which the adventure-based travel firm Back roads found it in 2009. The California-based company increased its revenues by creating a personalized marketing campaign for people who had done business with Back roads in the past.... [tags: Marketing, Customer relationship management]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- Hooking up is typically viewed as a new trend that was created by millennials, however that is not the case. Hooking up has been going on for quite some time at least since the sexual revolution of the 1920’s when women began to embrace their sexuality. However, hooking up is now a more commonly known concept due to the increased sexual liberation of young adults today, as well as other social factors. Now that the concept of the hook up culture is in the public eye, there is an increasing amount of curiosity about what hooking up means, why it occurs and what its possible consequences could be.... [tags: Sexual intercourse, Human sexuality]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- No true love The new trend of finding love on dating site spread rapidly in the United State of America. 15 percent of the American adults use online dating services to find love. Not only from teens to thirties internet daters use sites, but also fifties and sixties use it. In addition, rate of middle of 50 and early of 60 years old users take 12 percent of online daters. Adults of all ages are looking for love, which is the sweatiest behavior in the world. However, Internet dating has lots of problems.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
1371 words (3.9 pages)
- The new trend of finding love on dating site spread rapidly in the United States of America. Fifteen percent of the American adults use online dating services to find love. Not only from teens to 30 year olds, but also 50 and 60 year olds use it. In addition, rate of middle 50s and early 60s year olds make up 12 percent of online daters. Adults of all ages are looking for love, which is the sweatiest behavior in the world. However, Internet dating has lots of problems. 54% of online daters realized that their partner’s profiles were fake, which makes internet dating service dependable.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
1399 words (4 pages)
- Although finding a new job as an account manager is exciting and full of possibilities, it is important to learn how to format an account manager resume in a manner to set yourself apart from other applicants. As the first contact with your potential new employer, your resume should contain pertinent information about your job history as well as list the ways in which you are an asset to any company with which you work. Tailoring your account manager resume according to your own unique experiences is sure to get your resume noticed.... [tags: Employment, Management, Education]
716 words (2 pages)
- Is Water Becoming the New Oil. What is the most vital need of all humans alike. Survival is the obvious answer of course. Although, in order to survive we all need water, it is the prime source of all life. For most of us water is conveniently as close as walking to the kitchen, but what if that option ceased to exist, and water became scarce and expensive. The reality of this is that water is in fact becoming more and more misused, unpreserved, can be easily lost, and in the wrong hands, perhaps be very expensive.... [tags: natural resource, global warming,blue lake]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- Ever since I have been in college my telephone has been shorting out every time I try to have a conversation with someone on it. It has been so aggravating. Especially when I am trying to talk and the person on the other line keeps saying, what, what...What did you say. It drives me crazy. Well when I got to college I was advised, and later informed, that it was a requirement to know how to use the Internet. So I signed up for an E-mail account. In high school I never used the computer for anything but assignments, but now I constantly find myself on line.... [tags: Finding Ones Own in Cyberspace]
1233 words (3.5 pages)